Canadian, .. So?

Canadian, .. So?

Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

Originally Posted by SirTainly
Now now, oh holder of a fishmongery certificate
Nah, fishes aren't my speciality.....now if you want to discuss tidal pools or ecosystems....there's something exciting.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:46 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by iaink
Maybe VI is paradise after all...a land devoid of Software engineers and IT types
This is probably true. In my previous incarnation as "co-owner of a software development company" we had to import.

there must be some positive side to the place (apart from the delightful Willmore), cos its not the weather or the property prices from what I hear
I'll just pretend that you don't know that's where I live too (some of the time).
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:49 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by willmore
Sorry, they're getting lame now!
Something like his degree in software engineering..... [/QUOTE]

Nice one! You've sewn this little thread together so nice and neat.
All those little straggly bits and side shoots brought together and one fell swoop.
Your talents abound!
Old Dec 9th 2004, 12:58 pm

Nah, fishes aren't my speciality.....now if you want to discuss tidal pools or ecosystems....there's something exciting.
Ah Willmore! I'm coming back to Victoria for a bit in a while and one of the thing on my 'to do' list is to poke around in tidal pools. That's one thing I miss a lot when I'm away - taking my 'exploring the shores of the pacific north west' book down to Dallas road and trying to find/indentify various creatures at low tide - it's so relaxing and interesting. Can you recommend a good spot for this other than Dallas Road/Breakwater? I have been to Botanical Beach (many times) but I don't think I be able to get out that way - somewhere within Victoria that you're aware of that might be different?
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:00 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
I'll just pretend that you don't know that's where I live too (some of the time).
No need to pretend There we go, another positve aspect to VI.

Have you met willmore? Is she really like this in person! Ah, never mind, best not destroy that special mystique she has on the forum!
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:02 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Ah Willmore! I'm coming back to Victoria for a bit in a while and one of the thing on my 'to do' list is to poke around in tidal pools. That's one thing I miss a lot when I'm away - taking my 'exploring the shores of the pacific north west' book down to Dallas road and trying to find/indentify various creatures at low tide - it's so relaxing and interesting. Can you recommend a good spot for this other than Dallas Road/Breakwater? I have been to Botanical Beach (many times) but I don't think I be able to get out that way - somewhere within Victoria that you're aware of that might be different?

Carefull, sounds a bit like Biology...of sorts
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:07 pm

No need to pretend There we go, another positve aspect to VI.

Have you met willmore? Is she really like this in person! Ah, never mind, best not destroy that special mystique she has on the forum!
No I haven't met willmore but if I'm up at 4:30 am (which is very likely due to jet lag) and I see a short-haired woman jogging past cursing the existence of Mr Cohen I'll grab my camera!
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:32 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Crispie
Keep working and I'm sure you'll get that knighthood................
of course by Royal Degree!

Sorry, they're getting lame now!
hey Crispie, I see you're in Huntingdon, small world, I go from Huntingdon to London each day
Old Dec 9th 2004, 1:34 pm
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like Natural Sciences which is akin to Geography, so you really you are qualified to do colouring in!

No computer people on VI..must be a neolithic paradise! I bet you really go down to the beach to collect your dift wood, and shells from which to make tools!!

Hope the colouring in aids with painting the cave walls!

PS Wilmore, I'm hoping to get some of the better photos I've taken on a website this weeked, I'll PM you when I do.

Last edited by SirTainly; Dec 9th 2004 at 1:40 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah, my new best friend - a person that can appreciate Botanical Beach - my favourite place in the entire world.

It's a bad time of year for exploring- low tide is in the middle of the nite, at least until the beginnng of summer. Gonzales Beach and many of the other beaches around Dallas Road/Beach Drive are great, but nothing compared to BB. There are lots of interesting things that get washed up on shore though that are fascinating for kids and parents. Another great idea is to go down to the beach and watch the waves during one of the wind/rain storms. To be able to see really fascinating tidal pools, you really need to be on the west coast, where there is the constant pounding of the powerful waves during high tide.

Sometimes we can see blue heron along the beach going towards Clover Point, as you go past Ross Bay Cemetry early in the morning, and also the owls are very friendly and hang out there.

Would have been great to meet up with you (seriously), but we are on our way to Ontario for 3 weeks. Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday season.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:37 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Is that Christmas in English?

wonderful holiday season.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sounds like Natural Sciences which is akin to Geography, so you really you are qualified to do colouring in!

No computer people on VI..must be a neolithic paradise! I bet you really go down to the beach to collect your dift wood, and shells from which to make tools!!

Hope the colouring in aids with painting the cave walls!

PS Wilmore, I'm hoping to get some of the better photos I've taken on a website this weeked, I'll PM you when I do.
It's actually called "Life Sciences".....and akin to geography I suppose in a weird sort of way. I did take a few geography courses at University, and if I hadn't gone into marine biology, would probably gone into environmental studies. Fascinating subject marine biology.

We don't allow just any riff raff on Vancouver Island. Most of us are on Macs' of course and so only the best IT and software engineers related to Macs are allowed.

I make my husband gather the wood and food, while I stay at home barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen with the 10 kids cooking by a lantern.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rhodes
Is that Christmas in English?
My horoscope told me to try my best to be diplomatic and not mouth off today or I would be in deep trouble.

So....that is my attempt at being diplomatic, by wishing all nations a happy holiday season - I realize that my feeble attempt can't begin to compare to your true english gentleman charm and diplomacy
Old Dec 9th 2004, 6:51 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

So it's some sort of bizarre 'politically correct' expression, is it? Where will this lunacy stop?

So...that is my attempt at being diplomatic, by wishing all nations a happy holiday season - I realize that my feeble attempt can't begin to compare to your true english gentleman charm and diplomacy
Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:00 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

hey Crispie, I see you're in Huntingdon, small world, I go from Huntingdon to London each day
You're not going to tell me that you commute on the A14 everyday and retain a sense of humour! Or does Sir use the helecopter?
Me, I cry if I have to travel more than 2 miles..... but unfortunately it does nothing for MY sense of humour!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.