Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian, .. So?

Canadian, .. So?

Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:15 pm
the-smiths

Default Re: Canadian, .. So?

OK OK OK OK......Enough already, jesus christ, lord almight, gordon bennet ! Jogging at 4:30am ( who looks after the kids ? ), playing tennis, what not, good for all of you !

We are all adults here, no need for abuse, name calling, and all that childish stuff. There seems to be a lot of generalization when it comes to talking about canada and the UK, in terms of people.

Only this week though, have we heard a lady in Toronto tell a brit to go kiss the queen's behind, and for the brits, well....most of us know what some of the people back home are like.

Enough already.....Breathe in, Breathe out, you see.....you feel better now...LOL

It's xmas in 18days and all

Last edited by the-smiths; Dec 7th 2004 at 11:24 pm.

Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pearly_Spencer
Fit as a fiddle, my dear and very trim for an old-timer if I may say so myself. Tennis year-round (3 times/wk), gym several times/wk, golf lots in the summer, swimming etc. Must admit to the occassional Guinness, mind you. Used to run a bit - found it ..... boring.

You seem prone to jumping to conclusions.
And I could certainly return the comment to you.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by the-smiths
OK OK OK OK......Enough already, jesus christ, lord almight, gordon bennet ! Jogging at 4:30am ( who looks after the kids ? ), playing tennis, what not, good for all of you !

We are all adults here, no need for abuse, name calling, and all that childish stuff. There seems to be a lot of generalization when it comes to talking about canada and the UK, in terms of people.

Only this week though, have we heard a lady in Toronto tell a brit to go kiss the queen's behind, and for the brits, well....most of us know what some of the people back home are like.

Enough already.....Breathe in, Breathe out, you see.....you feel better now...LOL

It's xmas in 18days and all
Yes sir, although I was really expecting this lecture to come from my very favourite english true gentleman.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:36 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Is that me? Am I a true gentleman again?

I'm far too preoccupied when I see your name to think of lecturing you.

Originally Posted by willmore
Yes sir, although I was really expecting this lecture to come from my very favourite english true gentleman.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:38 pm
the-smiths

Sorry to have disappointed you ma'am ! Once again......breathe in, breathe out. It works all the time....LOL I'lll go back to watching my Davinci's inquest now !

Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=Rhodes]Is that me? Am I a true gentleman again?

Always and forever....but I'm not quite quite sure about the influence Toon and his swear words are having on you.

I'm far too preoccupied when I see your name to think of lecturing you.

hehehe - right, because you're always thinking "what is that bad-tempered crazy nut going on and on about now?"

Old Dec 7th 2004, 11:51 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Always and forever....but I'm not quite quite sure about the influence Toon and his swear words are having on you.
I have changed my signature back to its former innocent self now.

hehehe - right, because you're always thinking "what is that bad-tempered crazy nut going on and on about now?"

Erm, something like that. Bad-tempered crazy nut is another way of saying fiery, foxy lady, isn't it? In my mind, you have red hair. That is good.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 12:00 am
the-smiths

The Ramada has a special on this week, according to the flyers that came in today, in other words, get a room......LOL

Originally Posted by Rhodes

Erm, something like that. Bad-tempered crazy nut is another way of saying fiery, foxy lady, isn't it? In my mind, you have red hair. That is good.

Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:28 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pearly_Spencer

You seem prone to jumping to conclusions.
But its such good exercise!

PS
Nice one Rhodes, Ill just roll the ball in front of the empty net, and you can kick it in
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rhodes

You really are one smooth-talking charmer aren't you? and you tell me you were never successful with women!!!!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 8:12 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by the-smiths
Those are degrees aren't they? Oh.....I left out BEng, MSc, MBBS, LLB et al.....LOL
I was way off base there, I thought it was Celcius, Fahrenheit and Kelvin
Old Dec 8th 2004, 8:33 am
The Green Engine

SirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of lightSirTainly is a glorious beacon of light

I have seen many BBC specials and believe me they are lacking in objectivity about your country, far more than this special ever was.
That's why they're special

The rest of the shows are to tell us how far our education is behind Turkmenistan or how slow our trains are compared to France, or why chavs are giving us a bad image abroad !
Old Dec 8th 2004, 4:16 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SirTainly
*pedant alert*
Did you not have it beaten into you in school that there are no "degrees Kelvin", its just Kelvin. Maybe it was just me

Last edited by iaink; Dec 8th 2004 at 4:19 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iaink
*pedant alert*
Did you not have it beaten into you in school that there are no "degrees Kelvin", its just Kelvin. Maybe it was just me
It was just you Iain, but you're still very special in spite of the constant state of confusion.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 4:43 pm
Cheese & Onion Member

Crispie will become famous soon enoughCrispie will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SirTainly
Yes Sir . They are definately three degrees.

And I do believe they were in the charts in the 70's..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.