Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Police Check Help from UK

Canadian Police Check Help from UK

Old Nov 24th 2019, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Canadian Police Check Help from UK

Hi I lived in Vancouver for a total of 3 years and am now getting a K1 visa for the United States.
For this process I need to apply for a Canadian Police Check.
Does anyone know how long this process generally takes?
Also I have to find somewhere near Eastbourne UK to get the ink prints taken and then find a Canadian company to digitise them. Do I need somewhere in Vancouver as thats where I lived? Can anyone recommend a place to send them who can then send them off for my Canadian Police check?
How long are these valid for?

Any help gratefully received

Kind regards

Nikki
Old Nov 24th 2019, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Police Check Help from UK

Use this link for further info and it has links in it

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ow/canada.html
Old Nov 24th 2019, 3:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Steps for getting a certified criminal record check | Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Accredited digitalising: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/where-d...ecord-check#a3
Sussex Police for fingerprinting - Brighton. https://www.sussex.police.uk/rqo/req...-fingerprints/
One of many companies accredited for digitalising:https://www.commissionaires-ottawa.o...ingerprinting/

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 24th 2019 at 3:48 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2019, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the links. Its showing as Sussex Police headquarters in Lewes for the fingerprints. I'm guessing they don't expire so can get them done anytime.
Old Nov 24th 2019, 11:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikkif99uk
Thanks for the links. Its showing as Sussex Police headquarters in Lewes for the fingerprints. I'm guessing they don't expire so can get them done anytime.
You are very welcome..

Take into consideration the time of year - i.e. Christmas, so anything that might need posting, might take a bit longer. Good luck!
Old Jan 17th 2020, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Has anyone else from the UK had to get a police check from outside of Canada. Just looking at how it went for other people in regards of costs and timescale. We have received NOA1 for my K1 visa so not sure at what stage to apply for this.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 8:36 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

I did it a couple of years ago. By far the biggest headache and most expensive part of the process is having the fingerprints digitised. If you still need it then just reply on here and I'll see if I can find the name of the company who did it for me. To be fair they were very quick and one of the cheapest I found at the time.

After I submitted the ink prints the whole process took around 1 week.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I did it a couple of years ago. By far the biggest headache and most expensive part of the process is having the fingerprints digitised. If you still need it then just reply on here and I'll see if I can find the name of the company who did it for me. To be fair they were very quick and one of the cheapest I found at the time.

After I submitted the ink prints the whole process took around 1 week.
yes please I still need to do this not my NOA 1 so not sure whether to wait too NOA2 or not. Did you pay like £80 to get fingerprints taken at a local police station? Doesn’t take too long then
Old Jan 18th 2020, 12:07 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

yes please I still need to do this not my NOA 1 so not sure whether to wait too NOA2 or not. Did you pay like £80 to get fingerprints taken at a local police station? Doesn’t take too long then
It was this one.

https://www.fingerscan.ca/rcmp-crimi...ckground-check

The longest amount of time in the process was caused by limited availability with my local police force in the UK who wanted 2 weeks notice for an appointment and only offered the service for 4 hours each week. I think they charged me £60 in cash as I recall. I then sent the prints to Canada and Fingerscan processed them the same day. The Mounties cleared me within a few hours of receiving the prints and posted the certificate back to me which took about 5 days all in.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

It was this one.

https://www.fingerscan.ca/rcmp-crimi...ckground-check

The longest amount of time in the process was caused by limited availability with my local police force in the UK who wanted 2 weeks notice for an appointment and only offered the service for 4 hours each week. I think they charged me £60 in cash as I recall. I then sent the prints to Canada and Fingerscan processed them the same day. The Mounties cleared me within a few hours of receiving the prints and posted the certificate back to me which took about 5 days all in.
great thanks company I was looking at was $250 and another was $420. Think will get the ink ones done after my holiday to see my fiancée and then send it off when I get NOA2 maybe in case saw issue with the police station in Lewes
Old Jan 18th 2020, 1:35 pm
Sidecar Falcon

great thanks company I was looking at was $250 and another was $420. Think will get the ink ones done after my holiday to see my fiancée and then send it off when I get NOA2 maybe in case saw issue with the police station in Lewes
I think the biggest frustration in the process for me was how cackhanded it is. The Canadian government have a whitelist of companies however they allow those companies to set their own pricing and timelines so the result is a process that feels disjointed and confusing. You're basically left at the mercy of Trustpilot and reviews on forums.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 1:38 pm
Sidecar Falcon

Are you travelling to the US on ESTA to see your fiancée before filing for a K1? Because it might just be easier to make a short trip to Canada and file the application from there rather than running the risks and delay of international digitisation.
Old Jan 18th 2020, 3:57 pm
Banned

Are you travelling to the US on ESTA to see your fiancée before filing for a K1? Because it might just be easier to make a short trip to Canada and file the application from there rather than running the risks and delay of international digitisation.
Good idea!
Steps for getting a certified criminal record check | Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Old Jan 18th 2020, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

going to Florida end of January so not sure how easy would be or how much will check it out though which part of Canada would I need to go to?
Old Jan 18th 2020, 5:23 pm
Sidecar Falcon

going to Florida end of January so not sure how easy would be or how much will check it out though which part of Canada would I need to go to?
Any major city should be fine. The RCMP are the federal police and will have a branch in every major jurisdiction plus the fingerprints are taken by your local police station according to Siouxie's link anyway. You could just go to whichever city you can get to for a reasonable price. From Florida it would most likely be Halifax or Toronto. I'd probably avoid Quebec unless you want to complicate things a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.