Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Music Scene

Canadian Music Scene

Old Aug 13th 2008, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

bgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Music Scene

Originally Posted by Rich_007
Yup - guaranteed slabs of chill funkiness and whack leftfield sounds

R.
Purple Radio might also have a few delights for you, too... the Upstairs Recordings guy has a show on there, plus a few people that have played at the Big Chill festival (amongst others).
[disclaimer: I've been known to do the odd show on there, too - but don't let that put you off ]
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

treehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nicetreehavn is just really nice

Good to know that about Big Chill acts - I was there just a couple of weeks ago, it was great! Ah well, I'll just have to tailor my returns to the UK to visit people to take in a festival or two.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 2:49 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bgpz
Purple Radio might also have a few delights for you, too...
Thanks bro, I'll definitely check them out later. I'm not really into gigs much these days - the sounds are "in my head" (queue humerous abuse from the floor) most days, tunes on at home/work/iPod/truck so it's kinda part of everyday life now. Chill sounds, as a backdrop to my life

Good times, good tunes.

R.
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

If you're headed out to Vancouver there's also quite a bit going on in Seattle, just down the way (and there was Pemberton, just the other weekend, which was pretty big in terms of North American festivals).

One of the pluses I find of being here is all the UK bands that come over to ply their trade up and down the coast to people who don't really know who they are. Hence you get to see loads of great bands in really small venues!