Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian merchandise

Canadian merchandise

Old Jul 6th 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

JTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura about
Default Canadian merchandise

I want to buy my husband some Canada bits and bobs to go with his birthday present. I wanted some typical touristy stuff; maple leaf baseball cap, pen, mousemat, boxer shorts - stuff like that. Or maybe some baseball memorabilia or something.

I've done google searches but can't find anything - does anyone know of any online shops that sells stuff like this?
Old Jul 6th 2008, 10:12 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian merchandise

I think there is a shop in London that sell foods etc to Canadians?

I tried google and.......

http://www.angloaustraliantrading.co...CAdefault.aspx
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

mtbFreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Im sure you will find everything you want in the above post. You can also try eBay for alot of the stuff like the flags and all. Hope you find what you want and the OH has a good birthday.
Thanks
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

Of course the real challenge is to find something made in Canada and not China
Old Jul 8th 2008, 2:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

When is his birthday? We're coming over in Aug - no-where near Manchester but could post some stuff to you once there which would hopefully be a bit cheaper ! Or there might be some others on here that could get stuff to you?
Old Jul 8th 2008, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

mtbFreak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulandNikki
Of course the real challenge is to find something made in Canada and not China
This point is very true. Im sure the majority is made in China. I remember when I was at Disney, FL. The place was full of stuff from China. I can just imagine the kids working in the sweatshop now

I wander if we will see a turn around in the near future as fuel costs are getting out of control. The UK could really benefit from bringing some industry jobs back home.

mtbFreak
Old Jul 9th 2008, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

JTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks everyone for your replies, and especially for the kind offer to bring some stuff over for me. His birthday is end of next week so unfortunately I'll miss you. I'm sure I'll find something from that link though; thank you.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

The Hampsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JTM73
I want to buy my husband some Canada bits and bobs to go with his birthday present. I wanted some typical touristy stuff; maple leaf baseball cap, pen, moosemat, boxer shorts - stuff like that. Or maybe some baseball memorabilia or something.

I've done google searches but can't find anything - does anyone know of any online shops that sells stuff like this?
A Moosemat! What a great idea, and much larger than those tiny little mouse mats.