Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Medicine - Costs

Wikiposts

Canadian Medicine - Costs

Old Mar 5th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice
Default Canadian Medicine - Costs

Did a search for the above with little results.

Example - you visit the doctor (free under the scheme if Citizen or PR ((not sure about work permit))... and have card etc etc) and you get a prescription for Antibiotics for viral infection. How much would that be if you are an average earner? I see (I think) if you earn little or nothing, are elderly on low income or very little that in Ontario you may be asked to contribute $2 to the bill. Then I seem to recall you keep the receipt and claim it against your tax returns. How much in the end then? This is based on a person paying rather than under a company scheme.

Also I guess schemes are the same or similar to BUPA in the UK?

How much a year to cover a family?

Plenty of web sites and facts and figures but with all things it is better information from those that have done it.

Last edited by SANDRAPAUL; Mar 5th 2005 at 7:43 pm.