Reload this Page >

Canadian Immigration while in the University

Canadian Immigration while in the University

Old Sep 1st 2002, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

nshahriar is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Canadian Immigration while in the University

Hi all,

I am currently pursuing a master's degree in computer science in US. My expected graduation is April 2003. Can i apply for immigration on basis of this degree that i will be getting next year.

Thanks.
Old Sep 1st 2002, 4:28 pm
Andrew Miller

Default Re: Canadian Immigration while in the University

You must qualify at the time of application and at the time decision is made. You
cannot apply if you don't have at least 1 years of full time skilled work experience.
If you meet pre-requisites (work experience and settlement funds) you may apply now,
but if your case is assessed before you earn Master's degree then you'll get points
for degree and years of completed education, not the pending one.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
sending email)

"nshahriar" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    > I am currently pursuing a master's degree in computer science in US. My expected
    > graduation is April 2003. Can i apply for immigration on basis of this degree that
    > i will be getting next year.
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Noman
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 1st 2002, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

nshahriar is an unknown quantity at this point

First, i am thinking to apply in december of this year so that by the time i get an interview call i would already have my Computer Science (MS) degree since i will be getting it somewhere in April or May of 2003. Do i need to send photocopy of my CS - MS degree in december when submitting the initial immigration application.

i dont have full-time experience in the degree field (computer Science) i want apply. But i have been working part-time for the university for 4 years as a graduate assistant in my current and previous univeristy. Both jobs(current and previous) are computer related jobs. So will this 4 year part-time experience count towards my immigration application.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Andrew Miller:
You must qualify at the time of application and at the time decision is made. You
cannot apply if you don't have at least 1 years of full time skilled work experience.
If you meet pre-requisites (work experience and settlement funds) you may apply now,
but if your case is assessed before you earn Master's degree then you'll get points
for degree and years of completed education, not the pending one.

--

../..

sending email)

> Hi all,
    > I am currently pursuing a master's degree in computer science in US. My expected
    > graduation is April 2003. Can i apply for immigration on basis of this degree that
    > i will be getting next year.
    > Thanks.
    > --
    > Noman
Old Sep 1st 2002, 5:55 pm
Andrew Miller

It is difficult to assess from what you wrote if your part time work experience as
assistant during graduate studies may be counted.

New immigration law is designed to process applications without interview if possible
- so, hoping that you will graduate by the time interview is called may be
misleading.

You should seek professional evaluation of your case before you decide anything.

--

../..

sending email)

> First, i am thinking to apply in december of this year so that by the time i get an
    > interview call i would already have my Computer Science
    > (MS) degree since i will be getting it somewhere in April or May of 2003. Do i need
    > to send photocopy of my CS - MS degree in december when submitting the initial
    > immigration application.
    > i dont have full-time experience in the degree field (computer Science) i want
    > apply. But i have been working part-time for the university for 4 years as a
    > graduate assistant in my current and previous univeristy. Both jobs(current and
    > previous) are computer related jobs. So will this 4 year part-time experience count
    > towards my immigration application.
    > Thanks.
    > Originally posted by Andrew Miller:
    > > You must qualify at the time of application and at the time decision is made.
    > > You cannot apply if you don't have at least 1 years of full time skilled work
    > > experience. If you meet pre-requisites (work experience and settlement funds)
    > > you may apply now, but if your case is assessed before you earn Master's degree
    > > then you'll get points for degree and years of completed education, not the
    > > pending one.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > ../..
    > >
    > > Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
    > > [email protected] (delete REMOVE from the above address before
    > > sending email)
    > > ________________________________
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > "nshahriar" wrote in message
    > > news:402961.1030894945-
    > > @britishexpats.comnews:402961.1030894945@britishex pats.com...
    > > > Hi all, I am currently pursuing a master's degree in computer science in US. My
    > > > expected graduation is April 2003. Can i apply for immigration on basis of this
    > > > degree that i will be getting next year. Thanks.
    > > > --
    > > > Noman Posted via http-
    > > > ://britishexpats.com/http://britishexpats.com

> --
    > Noman