Reload this Page >

Canadian girlfriend/ children/ visas/ work permits

Wikiposts

Canadian girlfriend/ children/ visas/ work permits

Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:41 am
Just Joined

sumrandomguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian girlfriend/ children/ visas/ work permits

I have been looking around this amazing website for a couple of months now in the hope that I would be able to find some information that would help me and my girlfriend in the situation we are in; I have found some information that has helped a little, but none of which has truly answered any questions or helped us on our way!

Me and my girlfriend started talking about 4 - 5 years ago, entering the relationship we are in at the moment just under 1 year ago. I have travelled over to Montreal, Quebec, twice in the past year, both times spending all my time with my girlfriend... Because of our circumstances, unfortunately, on my second visit over the recent Christmas and New Years period, my girlfriend fell pregnant.

Since I have been talking to her, I've always had a view to eventually move over to Canada and am willing to do whatever I must to make it possible, as I understand that it is very difficult and is becoming ever more increasingly so.

My girlfriend has decided on keeping the baby and as the father I'm going to try my best to spend as much time with her during the pregnancy as I can; and hopefully being there for the birth! I'm not sure what position mine and my girlfriend's nationalities put the baby in... We would need to register the baby at a British Embassy in Canada? Does this grant it dual nationality? Would I be expected to pay child maintenance from the UK to Canada?

I'm also planning to propose to my girlfriend the next time I see her, which will hopefully be in June; I have no idea how we would go about getting married considering we both live in our separate countries and if I go to Canada, I wont be able to work and if she comes to the UK, she wont be able to work either. Money is a problem! Of course I'd go over to Canada for as long as I can, but with a limited amount of money that would reduce the amount of time that I could stay.

I'm currently training as a tattoo artist, not a profession that many countries are in need of... Although I am willing to change my career to make things easier for us.

I am so desperate for some help and advice! Everything is so confusing and there's a lot of conflicting information that I have read... I know we've not been the most sensible people in the world, but hopefully I can sort it out. Thanks in advanced for your information... I hope I don't hear too much bad news!
Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:54 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian girlfriend/ children/ visas/ work permits

How old are you? I ask for a blindingly obvious reason.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:55 am
Just Joined

I'm 20.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 10:58 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sumrandomguy
I'm 20.
Then apply for an IEC visa. Co-habit with your girlfriend for a year and apply for common law spousal visa.

Jobs a good un <and read the effing wiki>
Old Jan 14th 2013, 11:02 am
Just Joined

I've already looked at applying for an IEC visa, I'm going to apply as soon as possible... Every time I have looked at the page for applying in the past few months has said it's close and that more information will be posted in the coming weeks...
Old Jan 14th 2013, 11:44 am
Recruiter Extraordinaire

Tigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond reputeTigger1 has a reputation beyond repute

It's due to open any day now, so I'd keep checking every day
Old Jan 14th 2013, 11:46 am
Just Joined

Awesome, thanks. Do you have any idea the amount of time it takes from my application being sent in to me receiving everything I need to move over to Canada?
Old Jan 14th 2013, 11:51 am
Pictou County Superstarâ„¢

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

This might also be an option (either now or later):

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...e-proposed-cp/

Very good to read that you're willing to man-up about the situation
Old Jan 14th 2013, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

That's very helpful! I'm going to call my girlfriend and have a proper talk to her about the routes we could go down. Thanks so much for your help.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome, thanks. Do you have any idea the amount of time it takes from my application being sent in to me receiving everything I need to move over to Canada?
Last year my son's girlfriend applied when it opened and moved over beg may. she could have come mid april i think
Old Jan 14th 2013, 12:22 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Because of our circumstances, unfortunately, on my second visit over the recent Christmas and New Years period, my girlfriend fell pregnant. ????

Sorry am feeling a bit Jeremy Kyle here .... But how did she get pregnant due to circumstances?

Anyway, glad the 2 of you hope to make a go of it a d be a family!

The decent tattoo artists on the west coast make a killing!
Old Jan 14th 2013, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

I meant about the "unfortunately" part... It's not unfortunate that she got pregnant, apart from us living so far away from each other I didn't word it very well! Yea, I've heard they do, I'm going to see what I can do about pursuing my career in tattooing over in Canada as well! Thanks DandNHill for that information too, I could be going over there quite soon then?
Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:55 pm
Born again atheist

I meant about the "unfortunately" part... It's not unfortunate that she got pregnant, apart from us living so far away from each other I didn't word it very well! Yea, I've heard they do, I'm going to see what I can do about pursuing my career in tattooing over in Canada as well! Thanks DandNHill for that information too, I could be going over there quite soon then?
We await your arrival with bated breath.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Jan 14th 2013 at 2:06 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Sarcasm?
Old Jan 14th 2013, 1:57 pm
Born again atheist

Sarcasm?
Moi? Never. Ask anybody.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.