Canadian Eh !

Old Mar 5th 2010, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice
Default Canadian Eh !

Hi all, hope you're all in good health and I hope all your lives are going great.
We landed in Toronto on Sunday Feb 21st - after a 2 and a half hour delay at Manchester !
After declaring our intention to activate our visas we were called through to the immigration section.
Short interview and a few forms to fill in with an IO who was nice but just going through the motions. He did ask for proof of funds - which I'd already given him with our papers.
Picked up some info from some ladies as we walked out of the immigration section.
We then went to Customs and they directed us to another area, as I'd declared we were landing and had goods to follow.
Long queue, and most of the IOs here were really sour faced and trying to look threatening. Which I think is really pathetic when you consider all us immigrants have already been through hell just to get to this stage.
One couple from Turkey (that's a guess) were really getting put through the mill and had every item pulled out of their luggage - I felt pretty sorry for them.
Our turn (gulp) - me ready to blast off if the guy dared to upset my wife !
But after an initial bit of snotty behaviour, our guy was fine.
Just copied our list of goods to follow and asked what we had in our cases.
Didn't look inside them - but I had tried to be very polite and delicate with him.
Everyone said welcome to Canada - which is so great to here after the bloody wait we've had.
Taxi into Toronto, then out for a Chinese and a few bevs to celebrate.
Apart from one night's snow, the weather has been brilliant.
We're really enjoying our new life.
Had an interview on Tuesday that went well - fingers crossed eh !
For anyone that's thinking of coming to Canada or has already applied - go for it ! It is a fantastic country !
Thanks to all of you that have helped us, and listened to my moaning !
Good luck all !
Hang in there, good things come to good people !
Canadian eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh !
Jimsan.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Martin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant futureMartin99 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Canadian Eh !

Originally Posted by Jimsan
Hi all, hope you're all in good health and I hope all your lives are going great.
We landed in Toronto on Sunday Feb 21st - after a 2 and a half hour delay at Manchester !
After declaring our intention to activate our visas we were called through to the immigration section.
Short interview and a few forms to fill in with an IO who was nice but just going through the motions. He did ask for proof of funds - which I'd already given him with our papers.
Picked up some info from some ladies as we walked out of the immigration section.
We then went to Customs and they directed us to another area, as I'd declared we were landing and had goods to follow.
Long queue, and most of the IOs here were really sour faced and trying to look threatening. Which I think is really pathetic when you consider all us immigrants have already been through hell just to get to this stage.
One couple from Turkey (that's a guess) were really getting put through the mill and had every item pulled out of their luggage - I felt pretty sorry for them.
Didn't look inside them - but I had tried to be very polite and delicate with him.
Everyone said welcome to Canada - which is so great to here after the bloody wait we've had.
For anyone that's thinking of coming to Canada or has already applied - go for it ! It is a fantastic country !
Good luck all !
Jimsan.
Enjoy your new life in Canada!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

markbev is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck all !
Jimsan.
Good luck with the job hunting. Let us know where you end up and we can hopefully meet up in August.

Mark
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:03 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and welcome to Canada ..... eh!!

My son's trip through Immigration / Customs at Toronto on the 26th (after 4 hours diversion to Ottawa) couldn't have been more different from yours - very friendly and spent 10 minutes discussing different beers!

Sorry to hear your's wasn't so good.

Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic
Good luck with your new life eh?
lol
Stef

Good luck all !
Jimsan.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck all !
Jimsan.
Hi Jimsan
Big congrats on your Landing its time for a
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck all !
Jimsan.
Fab post Jimsan, great to hear all is going well for you.

Pleased your welcome wasn't to bad
Good luck with all the million and one things you have to do now, enjoy and keep us posted
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:32 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

good to hear it went well & good luck with the next stage of life over there!
Old Mar 5th 2010, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Lorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant futureLorrden has a brilliant future

Good luck all !
Jimsan.
Congrats Jimsan

Can't wait to be following in your shoes eh!!! I will have a drink on the 17th April in Calgary and toast you and your family and also Joinerboy and his family, who is landing in April too. Hope everything works out well.

Lorraine
Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Simply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really niceSimply Red is just really nice

Congratulations Jimsan! We are landing in May at Toronto....so thanks for your excellent post!

Good luck in your future and hope you are successful with your interview!!

All the best - enjoy

Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that the application proess is at an end for you and that landing went pretty smoothly. Good luck with your new life.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

ducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond reputeducktastic has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck all !
Jimsan.
Flipping heck Jimsan can't believe you are there!!!! Well done you for making it..we are landing on the 26th June in Vancouver, and my patience is proving tricky!! I am so delighted to read that you are loving it and it is all you hoped it would be, after all the emotions and highs and lows of the last 4 years, enjoy every second of it...you thouroughly deserve it!!! Lots of luck with your life Canada side...and PS...hope you get the job!! Duck
Old Mar 7th 2010, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi to all of my friends that replied, and thanks for all your kind wishes.
Markbev, I'll let you know what's going on, where we end up will depend on where we get employment - sooner the better ! We'll have a meet up in August.
The weather is superb - lovely warm sunny days and cold frosty nights.
Coffeepot, I hope you get some god news soon - we're very familiar with the agony of waiting for ages.
Duck n Joinerboy it won't be long until you're here - roll on eh ?
As busy as we've been here it's nothing compared to our last 3 months in England. It was just bedlam and very stressful, from getting PPR to jetting off to Canada. So it's nice to catch our breath a bit before we start working again.
It definitely helped that we'd already done a reccie trip last year - so we knew what to expect ! I would say that anyone looking to emigrate, will find a reccie trip really beneficial.
Take care, and push on for what you want in life !
Jimsan.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

loza789 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

So glad you landed and all is going well. Me and my boyfreind are putting our forms in in April and hope it won't take a lifetime! We're planning on Toronto as we were hooked after out visit last year.

Hope your working / settled soon

Loraine
Old Mar 8th 2010, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

canadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to allcanadian_bacon_boy is a name known to all

Good luck all !
Jimsan.
Welldone for getting there. We are at the stage of sending medicals and at times the amount of questions and uncertainty you put yourself through can derail everything, so big pat on the back for actually getting there!

I am sure it won't be long before we are in your place, going through the dredded "landing procedure".

It seems for most people a job is the big worry and I must admit despite being a year away from moving, it has been causing me some bother.

Well done and good luck both in your move and securing a job

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.