Reload this Page >

Canadian Citizenship Fees

Canadian Citizenship Fees

Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

gembers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Citizenship Fees

Hi,

I'm a Brit who's been in Canada for 3 and a bit years now on PR status. I'm applying for Canadian citizenship and hope to become dual national but am unclear on the application fee. On the cic.gc.ca website there's a 'right of citizenship' for $100 and a 'grant of citizenship' for another $100.

Do i need to pay both of these or just one? Also, are there any other fees (apart from getting the photos done) that I haven't taken into account?

Any advice from a Brit that's gone through this process would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Citizenship Fees

I checked my receipt from CIC for my citizenship application and I paid 200$ ....(I am not a Brit, but the prices apply to everyone)
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:55 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa.../CIT0002E2.asp
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the help guys! By the way....where is 'the dark side'?!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:19 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gembers
Norf ov da riva innit
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:31 pm

Gatineau. I picked up the phrase from an Ottawa hotel barman about a decade ago.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:41 pm

And before you start asking:

a) the application process is the easiest bit of paperwork you will have had so far in relation to your immigrant status

b) the test is monumentally easy, except for Canadians

Last edited by Souvenir; Jun 10th 2009 at 3:47 pm. Reason: Major spelling difficulties today
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:44 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Souvenir

I think $200 is really cheap.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

I agree, Gatineau (except for the park) is a dump comapred to Ottawa. He was on the money.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:45 pm

I agree, Gatineau (except for the park) is a dump comapred to Ottawa. He was on the money.
Not sure about that. I suspect that most Ottawans' experience of the dark side is limited to bits of south Hull and a few bits of Gatineau-Gatineau that can truly be described as dumps. Once you get well away from those, there are some very nice bits indeed. We keep finding new ones.

It can happen. I've been going to St Hubert quite regularly now for a decade. I was very surprised to be told recently that it has nice bits. I've never seen one.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

marimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nicemarimac is just really nice

Originally Posted by Souvenir

b) the test is monumentally easy, except for Canadians
Sounds like the British citizenship test - read 3 chapters of a book once, and then I answered the 40 question multiple choice test in under 5 minutes. But it was all things that most Brits wouldn't know