Reload this Page >

Canadian/British phrases!!!

Canadian/British phrases!!!

Old Dec 1st 2007, 3:54 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian/British phrases!!!

Originally Posted by sam/stu
I've stopped 'bumming a fag'!!
Why the blatant homophobia? Why can't you just live and let live?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:42 am
Banned

veteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really niceveteran is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
Not a phrase, but an expression I've found hasn't worked well is curling my finger and thumb and jerking them back and forth out of the window of the car. I often find that I have to walk over to the other driver and say "you are such a wanker" in order to make myself clear.
You can get arrested for that....I believe is called road rage, especially when you get out of your jamjar
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:54 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
And what does the driver say back to you?
Usually they raise a finger.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:55 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
dbd33 old chap, I'm told cruikshank requires our presence in advance of 6 pm so that Thorbjorn (sp?) will be suitably surprised. Is this also your understanding?
It is my understanding but I doubt we'll get there on time.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:57 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
The Canadians in your part of the country know what a wanker is?
Depends where they came from. Usually, yes.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 12:02 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sam/stu
I wish I had never started this thread - this was supposed to be some 'light-hearted' banter, not this :-(
By the way, its fact not fiction! Although I'm sure that you meant nothing by it!! :-)
I find it hard to believe that not one of the teachers nor the principal of a secondary school in Ontario would know your child meant eraser when he said rubber. All during my childhood in Ontario we called the little pink thing at the end of a pencil a rubber. Same for the good old pink pearl rubbers they gave us in September every year.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Usually they raise a finger.
You ought to be carrying one of your partner's hand guns. Or at least a dead chicken to whack him/her with.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
Why the blatant homophobia? Why can't you just live and let live?
Are you 'coming out' bazzz?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 12:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

You ought to be carrying one of your partner's hand guns. Or at least a dead chicken to whack him/her with.
I'm hoping Santa will bring me my very own road rage expression device.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

"Account Deleted", does that mean the poster deleted their account, or it was deleted for them?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:58 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you 'coming out' bazzz?
Why, do you fancy a bit?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bazzz
Why, do you fancy a bit?
Well, you know where I am.

Blatant homophobia? Have you just come out of university?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

At work on Friday I updated my iChat status (something we all use at work to communicate during the day) to say that I was feeling a little delicate that day (I have a bad cold). Apparently to my Canadian colleagues, being female and being in a "delicate" condition is being pregnant...NOT what I intended, and since my husband works 20 feet from me at the same company it was even worse!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
At work on Friday I updated my iChat status (something we all use at work to communicate during the day) to say that I was feeling a little delicate that day (I have a bad cold). Apparently to my Canadian colleagues, being female and being in a "delicate" condition is being pregnant...NOT what I intended, and since my husband works 20 feet from me at the same company it was even worse!
Are you pregnant?
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 3:31 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Are you pregnant?
Well I am. You should try it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.