Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian/British phrases!!!

Canadian/British phrases!!!

Old Dec 1st 2007, 1:42 am
Account Closed

sam/stu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian/British phrases!!!

Just to give everyone from the UK a giggle - shortly after we landed my son (aged 14) asked his female English teacher for a 'rubber' ..... not a good idea! He was sent to the principals office and after a few red faces, they realised that his request was purely innocent!
What phrases have got you into trouble?
I've stopped 'bumming a fag'!!
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:21 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian/British phrases!!!

Originally Posted by sam/stu
Just to give everyone from the UK a giggle - shortly after we landed my son (aged 14) asked his female English teacher for a 'rubber' ..... not a good idea! He was sent to the principals office and after a few red faces, they realised that his request was purely innocent!
Oh, for God's sake. Not that shit again. I thought you'd been here a while now?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

There was this one not long ago.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ht=mrs+miggins
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Oh, for God's sake. Not that shit again. I thought you'd been here a while now?
Sssh. Calm down.
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Not a phrase, but an expression I've found hasn't worked well is curling my finger and thumb and jerking them back and forth out of the window of the car. I often find that I have to walk over to the other driver and say "you are such a wanker" in order to make myself clear.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:31 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

What I found particularly repellent in this post is that the bit about the 14 year old son and the female teacher was clearly fiction.

Give me the Vicar and the Prostitute every time.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dbd33
Not a phrase, but an expression I've found hasn't worked well is curling my finger and thumb and jerking them back and forth out of the window of the car. I often find that I have to walk over to the other driver and say "you are such a wanker" in order to make myself clear.
And what does the driver say back to you?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:40 am
Born again atheist

dbd33 old chap, I'm told cruikshank requires our presence in advance of 6 pm so that Thorbjorn (sp?) will be suitably surprised. Is this also your understanding?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 2:46 am
Account Closed

What I found particularly repellent in this post is that the bit about the 14 year old son and the female teacher was clearly fiction.

Give me the Vicar and the Prostitute every time.
I wish I had never started this thread - this was supposed to be some 'light-hearted' banter, not this :-(
By the way, its fact not fiction! Although I'm sure that you meant nothing by it!! :-)
Old Dec 1st 2007, 3:07 am
Born again atheist

I wish I had never started this thread - this was supposed to be some 'light-hearted' banter, not this :-(
By the way, its fact not fiction! Although I'm sure that you meant nothing by it!! :-)
Well, if its fact, you really should have given a heads up to your 14 year old son (who was only 11 when you joined this forum).

We all enjoy "light hearted banter" here, but not at the expense of our offspring.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 3:13 am
Account Closed

[QUOTE=Novocastrian;5620225]Well, if its fact, you really should have given a heads up to your 14 year old son (who was only 11 when you joined this forum).

We all enjoy "light hearted banter" here, but not at the expense of our offspring.[/QUOTE

P**S OFF!
Old Dec 1st 2007, 3:15 am
Born again atheist

[QUOTE=sam/stu;5620236]
Well, if its fact, you really should have given a heads up to your 14 year old son (who was only 11 when you joined this forum).

We all enjoy "light hearted banter" here, but not at the expense of our offspring.[/QUOTE

P**S OFF!
You're welcome.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Well you two won't be doing an Ontario meetup any time soon.
Old Dec 1st 2007, 3:42 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
The Canadians in your part of the country know what a wanker is?
Old Dec 1st 2007, 3:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
The Canadians in your part of the country know what a wanker is?
Not sure about that one Judy, but I'm sure that Novocastrian knows what a wanker is because I bet he has been called one more than once :-)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.