Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Affair (and other UK-Canada flights)

Canadian Affair (and other UK-Canada flights)

Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

womblecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canadian Affair (and other UK-Canada flights)

flew with canadian affair with thomas cook, the flight was brilliant, great seats , service and loads of leg space !!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

valefanincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by womblecat
flew with canadian affair with thomas cook, the flight was brilliant, great seats , service and loads of leg space !!
Flew with Thomas Cook 3 weeks ago. Service was none existent, no leg room unless unless your 3 foot tall and the seats well I had to squeeze into the them and my waist is 36 which is about the same size as my butt or my bottom for the more polite, so god knows how some of the fat a..es got into those seats or better still out of them. In flight entertainment not working on both legs of flight.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 6:08 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

I flew back from Uk yesterday with TC - absolutely fine - just lacking in pillows and blankets - apparantely you only get then on the night flights now!

Also they forgot to re stock the earphones - so some peeps couldnt buy any for the tvs - oops

But hell I slept 5 hours so I was fine
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

tallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to beholdtallperson is a splendid one to behold

I guess it depends which TC flight you are on. They give the details on their website and which planes fly which routes so you know before you book:
http://www.canadianaffair.com/en/air...homas_cook.asp

According to them the smaller seat pitch is on the airbus which they use for flights to Calgary and Vancouver.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:32 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Just booked our flights to Vancouver for August. BA Club Class*. Screw you all you cheap bastards

*Miles upgrade from WT+
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:52 pm
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

We have found TC, AirTransat, and BA to be equally as good as each other, for various reasons, Zoom was another story unfortunatley!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:25 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Just booked our flights to Vancouver for August. BA Club Class*. Screw you all you cheap bastards

*Miles upgrade from WT+
Only go first, why cheap out on club class
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:34 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by valefanincanada
Flew with Thomas Cook 3 weeks ago. Service was none existent, no leg room unless unless your 3 foot tall and the seats well I had to squeeze into the them and my waist is 36 which is about the same size as my butt or my bottom for the more polite, so god knows how some of the fat a..es got into those seats or better still out of them. In flight entertainment not working on both legs of flight.
isnt it amazing how you can have two completely different experiences with the same company and the same type of aircraft(??? asuming here or course on the aircraft type) we had a 757.
we had a great flight with loads of legroom...bizarre, and I am taller than 3feet.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:34 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Only go first, why cheap out on club class
Cos then it means paying for at least Club, and i'm far too cheap for that

Do you still have your perks, even though retired? That would be nice.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 9:36 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by Howefamily
isnt it amazing how you can have two completely different experiences with the same company and the same type of aircraft(??? asuming here or course on the aircraft type) we had a 757.
we had a great flight with loads of legroom...bizarre, and I am taller than 3feet.
I also guess it also comes down to what you're used to.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:24 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Cos then it means paying for at least Club, and i'm far too cheap for that

Do you still have your perks, even though retired? That would be nice.
Oh yes
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:00 pm
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aperture
We're looking at flights from the UK (ideally Glasgow, Edinburgh, or Newcastle) to Canada (Toronto Pearson) and, of course, are hoping to find something relatively inexpensive, but still reliable.

Has anyone used CanadianAffair.com? Are they reliable/legitimate? (They seem to use mostly Thomas Cook and AirTransat.) Any other highly recommended airlines/online deals?

Thank you!
Just seen the parents off back to Gatwick. They are travelling Thomas Cook (through Canadian Affair) and were very happy with the premium service coming here. (Check in for the return flight appeared to be hell today for economy passengers but premium passengers were checked in with no messing.) Benefits were free soft drink, headphones and a larger luggage allowance.

We have flown Canadian Affair Vancouver-Manchester on many occasions. The flights were all fine with no serious delays. The staff at Manchester all seem to have gone to the Basil Fawlty school of customer relations but that is not really Canadian Affair's fault. From Vancouver, the main benefit of using BA or Air Canada has been a better departure time (evening flights so need to use less annual leave).

The only Europe-Toronto trip I've done was on KLM. We departed form either Durham or Newcastle, back when KLM offered UK regional departures at no extra cost. KLM was the cheapest by far at that time but coming back through Schiphol was tedious in terms of the nearly-home-but-not-quite wait for our onward connection. Think we used Opodo at the time to find the best price.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:29 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Oh yes
Well done that man. Lucky bugger
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:29 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

I also guess it also comes down to what you're used to.
First class Virgin Atlantic Gatwick - Orlando, but that was when I worked for them.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Aperture is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Canadian Affair (and other UK-Canada flights)

Just thought I'd post a quick update to say that we did end up booking Canadian Affair (specifically, the plane will be Thomas Cook, not Air Transat). We couldn't afford to upgrade, but we paid a bit extra to book emergency exit seats (an aisle and a middle, side-by-side), so hopefully that will be okay. I'm only 5'3, but my partner is 6'1, so we can use all the legroom we can get!

We now have to find a good shipping company (especially for my desktop computer--very nervous about shipping that). Recommendations welcome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.