Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Affair - Halifax

Canadian Affair - Halifax

Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

dinoffc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Affair - Halifax

I may not be searching correctly but are Canadian Affair the only carrier that flies direct to Halifax from the UK? I've searched BA and Air Canada etc but they seem to go via New York, Toronto, Boston etc and it takes 13 hours plus....Direct it's only about a 6 hour flight.

Does any other carrier fly direct to Halifax from the UK like Canadian Affair do(on Thomas Cook, Air Transat) and like Zoom did before it went to the great airport in the sky..............

I'm more than happy with the service provided by canadian affair but it's the winter times that could be a pain(no flight schedules from Nov - April) with a less than 6 hour direct flight becoming a round-the-world trip and at double/triple the price.

If this has been covered elsewhere I apologise but thought I would throw this over to the experts!

Hils x
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:45 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Affair - Halifax

Hi

I believe Air Canada go direct Heathrow to Halifax in the winter months, I just searched for 23/11 to 30/11 09 at flights came up

The options are limited for direct flights, they are I think!!, CA May to Oct and Air Canada all year round

sorry, just gone through the screens and it does seem to divert elsewhere!!!, sorry not sure???????????

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Apr 30th 2009 at 5:47 pm. Reason: wrong info!!!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was: Cullicudden, Scotland. Now: Hammonds Plains, NS
Merry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to beholdMerry is a splendid one to behold

I hope not - I'm flying to Halifax from Heathrow next week with Air Canada! I've travelled with them before and they do fly direct - only downside this time is that the day after I booked they cancelled the return direct flight and I'm having to go back via Toronto, don't know if they maybe do that if the flight isn't full enough??
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:55 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Air Canada does fly directly to Halifax year round. Its flight AC861 and, as it happens, my parents are currently on todays flight en route to Newfoundland. The flight gets filled up quickly so when you look on AC'd website you might find no availability on your preferred dates hence the routing via Toronto or Montreal.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future

We are flying direct with Air Canada, and I am pretty sure Air Transat also fly direct.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

dinoffc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great - the winter Air canada flights seem reasonable enough - I must have been searching on full flights or something but I have now definately got some decent quotes for flights coming out over the christmas period (which will please my family and friends!)

And hey ho - if they have to change in Toronto/Boston/NY on the return flight then they can maybe chose to spend a few days there and have a ball!

Thanks for all the advice!
Old Apr 30th 2009, 8:45 pm
Wellington NS

budcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud ofbudcolin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dinoffc
I may not be searching correctly but are Canadian Affair the only carrier that flies direct to Halifax from the UK? I've searched BA and Air Canada etc but they seem to go via New York, Toronto, Boston etc and it takes 13 hours plus....Direct it's only about a 6 hour flight.

Does any other carrier fly direct to Halifax from the UK like Canadian Affair do(on Thomas Cook, Air Transat) and like Zoom did before it went to the great airport in the sky..............

I'm more than happy with the service provided by canadian affair but it's the winter times that could be a pain(no flight schedules from Nov - April) with a less than 6 hour direct flight becoming a round-the-world trip and at double/triple the price.

If this has been covered elsewhere I apologise but thought I would throw this over to the experts!

Hils x
Fly Globespan do direct to Halifax from Glasgow, but only from May to October I think