Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian Affair, any discount codes at the mo?

Canadian Affair, any discount codes at the mo?

Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canadian Affair, any discount codes at the mo?

My mum is trying to book flights to come in July to August. Are there any discount codes for Canadian Affair in use now??
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:18 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian Affair, any discount codes at the mo?

Where is she flying from?
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

I'm not sure i've ever discount codes for use on Canadian Affair. Zoom used to do them.
If anybody knows of any, please share.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Where is she flying from?
Originally Posted by joelsa
I'm not sure i've ever discount codes for use on Canadian Affair. Zoom used to do them.
If anybody knows of any, please share.
Thanks. She's flying from Gatwick. The website does have a section to enter a discount code, that's what prompted me to ask but like you I don't recall seeing one.

The flights are around £6-700 return for that time.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Thanks. She's flying from Gatwick. The website does have a section to enter a discount code, that's what prompted me to ask but like you I don't recall seeing one.

The flights are around £6-700 return for that time.
It's probably not an option you were considering, but I think Air Transat had flights for around £520-550 about that time. If you go through their own website, it tells you which are AT flights, and which are Thomas Cook (also, AT uses Airbus 310 and TC use Airbus 330 and Boeing 757 aircraft).
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

It's probably not an option you were considering, but I think Air Transat had flights for around £520-550 about that time. If you go through their own website, it tells you which are AT flights, and which are Thomas Cook (also, AT uses Airbus 310 and TC use Airbus 330 and Boeing 757 aircraft).
Thats exactly the option she was considering. Yesterday they were over £600 return. We expected it really but were just hoping to get it cheaper.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

Thats exactly the option she was considering. Yesterday they were over £600 return. We expected it really but were just hoping to get it cheaper.
Can you PM me with suggested dates and how flexible they are. I'll do some digging around when I get back.

Last edited by DaveLovesDee; Jun 10th 2009 at 3:22 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:11 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully this is fact and there'll be no suprises down the line

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...nsolvency.html
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:32 am
Account Closed

Can you PM me with suggested dates and how flexible they are. I'll do some digging around when I get back.
Originally Posted by el_richo
Hopefully this is fact and there'll be no suprises down the line

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...nsolvency.html
Gosh, thanks for both comments. My mum says she is going to wait until 2 or 3 weeks before travel to book the flights. She thinks she may get a better deal then, and maybe she read the Telegraph???

I think she may end up paying much more, but it's her decision.....
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

fatabbott is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to USAIRWAYS.CO.UK

Flights from Gatwick to either Toronto or Detroit are less than £500 in July and August.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:14 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fatabbott
Go to USAIRWAYS.CO.UK

Flights from Gatwick to either Toronto or Detroit are less than £500 in July and August.
Excellent thanks. I will look right now

Edit
thanks but no use. They aren't direct flights so that would be too much to ask of an 80 year old.

Last edited by fledermaus; Jun 12th 2009 at 2:18 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:27 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent thanks. I will look right now

Edit
thanks but no use. They aren't direct flights so that would be too much to ask of an 80 year old.
Get her booked into Premium economy in BA outbound and Club for the return leg. That way she can fly in comfort, bless her.

Also, set her up an executive account, put her in your family account, and you reap the mileage she'll earn for a mileage upgrade the next time around
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

Get her booked into Premium economy in BA outbound and Club for the return leg. That way she can fly in comfort, bless her.

Also, set her up an executive account, put her in your family account, and you reap the mileage she'll earn for a mileage upgrade the next time around
Yes, it sounds great and I want her to fly BA or Air Canada. She will only fly from Gatwick though as Heathrow scares her. She can get the train from Bedford to Gatwick and BAA meet her of the train. She had a terrible time at Heathrow once. They met her but made her walk part way to the gate and she had to ask them to carry her case. They also left her waiting in a corridor with no explanation. Not good and so she won't use them. Mind you Air Transat booked her on the wrong flight once, and "forgot" her upgrade.

If only I could persuade her to use BA/AC

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:43 pm
Beep

Yes, it sounds great and I want her to fly BA or Air Canada. She will only fly from Gatwick though as Heathrow scares her. She can get the train from Bedford to Gatwick and BAA meet her of the train. She had a terrible time at Heathrow once. They met her but made her walk part way to the gate and she had to ask them to carry her case. They also left her waiting in a corridor with no explanation. Not good and so she won't use them. Mind you Air Transat booked her on the wrong flight once, and "forgot" her upgrade.

If only I could persuade her to use BA/AC

Thanks for the suggestion.
Aaw poor thing. I guess something like that could sour the choices a little. Still, T5 at Heathrow is much much more pleasant than the others and MUCH nicer than Crapwick for sure. If you have any BA miles to upgrade her or can get her in Club on the outbound, they have a current deal where they pick you up from your door and bring you to T5 for free.

If it were my mum, i'd book her with BA anyway and suprise her, whether she liked it or not. Get her into a nice comfy bed on the plane, a glass of champers, and a delightful 3 course dinner and i'm sure she'll be as happy as Larry
Old Jun 12th 2009, 2:46 pm
Account Closed

Aaw poor thing. I guess something like that could sour the choices a little. Still, T5 at Heathrow is much much more pleasant than the others and MUCH nicer than Crapwick for sure. If you have any BA miles to upgrade her or can get her in Club on the outbound, they have a current deal where they pick you up from your door and bring you to T5 for free.

If it were my mum, i'd book her with BA anyway and suprise her, whether she liked it or not. Get her into a nice comfy bed on the plane, a glass of champers, and a delightful 3 course dinner and i'm sure she'll be as happy as Larry
She would spend all her time fretting about the money! Which we don't have sadly I have sent an email to my brother asking for his help in persuasion. Even a taxi from her house to T5 would be better. Gatwick in July will be terrible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.