Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canadian affair

Canadian affair

Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:09 am
Forum Regular

Vikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really nice
Default Canadian affair

My dad booked some flights for me, this Saturday. The websites been having problems, which means my dads had no booking confirmation email, I've logged into my booking online, but all I can get up is the booking confirmation. Not the travel docs.

I can't print any travel docs. I'm going to have to turn up at the airport with nothing but my booking ref no. Is that enough? Will I be able to travel with just that?
Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:02 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian affair

Originally Posted by Vikty
My dad booked some flights for me, this Saturday. The websites been having problems, which means my dads had no booking confirmation email, I've logged into my booking online, but all I can get up is the booking confirmation. Not the travel docs.

I can't print any travel docs. I'm going to have to turn up at the airport with nothing but my booking ref no. Is that enough? Will I be able to travel with just that?
With BA and AC it is, not so sure about the charters, they have some odd rules on occasion. If you call the carrier, they should be able to e-mail them to you. If you can bring up the details, you should be able to print the docs you need.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 3:11 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I read your other thread so I think I know why your dad did the booking. Don't panic, it's only Wednesday, but anyway if you could log on to your booking then its in the system, you should be fine.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

gaz77 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi we fly saturday as well i recieved all my travel docs the other day ,lables for bags car hire stuff that sort of thing.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:04 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I travelled with Canadian Affair this summer, all they wanted was my passport, I wasn't asked for any other docs. If you need baggage labels just pop in the nearest travel agents and ask for some, it should be no problem.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

bgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
If you need baggage labels just pop in the nearest travel agents and ask for some, it should be no problem.
If there's more than one of you travelling, one keep your place in line for check-in whilst the other goes to a desk and asks for some tags from the counter (of any airline - I've never known one to say no!)

IIRC, flying back with Canadian Affair MAN-YYZ this summer we just gave them the booking reference and passport - which should be enough these days for any airline in the UK or North America.
Old Oct 23rd 2010, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Vikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really niceVikty is just really nice

Just me and a 3 year old. All we needed was our passports. All the stuff you can print or get sent to you is for your info, they don't need it at the airport.

Thanks everyone