Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada's vacation politics

Canada's vacation politics

Old Jul 10th 2017, 6:40 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada's vacation politics

Originally Posted by Reeders
I am not Howard or anyone else dbd33. Sorry if that disappoints you. I only returned to Ontario 6 years or so ago. I don't live in Collingwood or Meaford or any other retirement town as you put it. You've got the wrong guy.

That's interesting because Howard1944 lasted posted about 6 years ago.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

raindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
That's interesting because Howard1944 lasted posted about 6 years ago.
Can I please ask, who is Howard?
Old Jul 10th 2017, 6:51 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raindropsandroses
Can I please ask, who is Howard?
It is rumoured (convincingly so) that our new poster, Reeders, is an an identikit version of (and likely identical) to an abrasive self important poster called Howard1944 who retreated with his inadequate tail between his legs in 2011.

Some of us have no doubt been on this site far too long.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

raindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond reputeraindropsandroses has a reputation beyond repute

It is rumoured (convincingly so) that our new poster, Reeders, is an an identikit version of (and likely identical) to an abrasive self important poster called Howard1944 who retreated with his inadequate tail between his legs in 2011
Ahhh I see, thank you for explaining

Would it be scarier if Reeders wasn't Howard, and there were in fact two such like minded individuals?
Old Jul 10th 2017, 7:28 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Would it be scarier if Reeders wasn't Howard, and there were in fact two such like minded individuals?
Oooh, you're good at this posting lark. Yes!
Old Jul 10th 2017, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
<<preens>> Beware though, my own cloud of smug self importance may start blocking out the sunlight soon
Old Jul 10th 2017, 7:32 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by dbd33
I think it would be scarier if there were two identical versions of you. (Please take that as a compliment).
Old Jul 10th 2017, 7:36 pm
Born again atheist

<<preens>> Beware though, my own cloud of smug self importance may start blocking out the sunlight soon
It's already getting dark here, but I'm several time zones ahead of you. So I'll forgive you.
Old Jul 10th 2017, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's already getting dark here, but I'm several time zones ahead of you. So I'll forgive you.
Thanks you, that said we lived in France for a while, so there may still be some cloud residue depending on where you are
Old Jul 10th 2017, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

I am actually trying to work out if Reeders is actually serious or just a monumental wind up merchant.

If you are in fact serious I think that you are basically a poor mans Alan B'Stard, only without the redeeming features

You say that you are a Miners son? With the views that you express you are truely a >snip<

To be fair you did write one thing that you have proved to be true. "Its amazing how many people cant see themselves as they are"

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 11th 2017 at 12:07 am. Reason: Site rule 1 & 2
Old Jul 10th 2017, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alex2201
I am actually trying to work out if Reeders is actually serious or just a monumental wind up merchant.

If you are in fact serious I think that you are basically a poor mans Alan B'Stard, only without the redeeming features

You say that you are a Miners son? With the views that you express you are truely a >snip<

To be fair you did write one thing that you have proved to be true. "Its amazing how many people cant see themselves as they are"

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 11th 2017 at 12:08 am. Reason: removed part of quote
Old Jul 10th 2017, 11:16 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex2201
You say that you are a Miners son?
Do you reckon he voted for Maggie?
Old Jul 11th 2017, 1:42 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reeders
The opportunity is equal for both of us but your qualifications will not equal mine. Qualifications however have nothing to do with an equal opportunity. That seems to be the point that some people just don't get. You don't get to come to Canada and be my equal, you just aren't my equal in experience or qualifications in CANADIAN terms and you ARE in Canada.
Tosh. I was offered a job because of my UK qualifications and experience. In many cases, my qualifications and experience exceeded my Canadian counterparts, but then who's counting. As long as it ended well, all were happy (most of the time).

Having retired several times, it is not all it is made out to be. When one retires is not a measure of our success, there are many who could have retired at 30, but still choose to work in their 60s or later.
Old Jul 11th 2017, 3:53 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Tosh. I was offered a job because of my UK qualifications and experience. In many cases, my qualifications and experience exceeded my Canadian counterparts, but then who's counting. As long as it ended well, all were happy (most of the time).

Having retired several times, it is not all it is made out to be. When one retires is not a measure of our success, there are many who could have retired at 30, but still choose to work in their 60s or later.
I want to retire and travel everywhere in an RV, with loads of free time to do what I want when I want
Old Jul 11th 2017, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Reeders has a reputation beyond reputeReeders has a reputation beyond reputeReeders has a reputation beyond reputeReeders has a reputation beyond reputeReeders has a reputation beyond reputeReeders has a reputation beyond reputeReeders has a reputation beyond reputeReeders has a reputation beyond reputeReeders has a reputation beyond reputeReeders has a reputation beyond reputeReeders has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised that the Moderators allow such off topic and childish comments to remain on a thread. I mean, a comment or two maybe but whole pages of them? But I don't own the forum so, what is, is.

I do find the additional comments on nepotism interesting. I suppose it has to do with the frame of reference you have. I can understand the sons/daughters of employees getting the summer jobs when those jobs are low skilled jobs. I can also understand that bothering an immigrant who hoped to get one of those jobs if it might lead to full time employment.

But I was thinking of nepotism in relation to full time skilled jobs and I haven't personally seen any cases of that. As I said, nepotism won't get someone a qualified carpenter's job if they aren't a qualified carpenter.

RICH, yes I exaggerated somewhat when saying there's no real money to be made as an employee of a small business. I can think of several small businesses in terms of number of employees where an individual could earn 6 figures plus. I was referring to the typical small business however where the total sales of the business would never allow for a higher income. Things like a variety store or a single retail store, etc.

I'm having trouble with this one: "BS. Earning less than average doesn't mean that the individual is below average. It could mean that the job itself pays below average. Not all market sectors are equal, and not everyone measures success by $ earned either."

I don't disagree with any of that, what I meant was, if someone has a below average income and is not happy with that, what are they doing about it? Whether it is income or vacation time they are not happy about, complaining about what is, will not change anything. So what change do they plan to make to get what they want?

Finally, I will repeat, I am not Howard whoever or anyone else. So those who thought I am, just live with your foot in mouth issues and move on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.