Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada winter tales: feels like Scandinavia here

Wikiposts

Canada winter tales: feels like Scandinavia here

Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:17 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada winter tales: feels like Scandinavia here

Originally Posted by john fisher
Just trying advice, pic take in Calabogie (I think you spell it this way) Ontario
I''m not sure how you spell Calabogie but it's a happy picture.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 8:19 am
Ontario

Sutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to beholdSutherlands is a splendid one to behold

OMG are we mad wishing to be in all that snow , Can`t help grining from ear to ear thinking of the day when we will see snow like that....

Nice pic`s every one, keep them coming...

Sutherlands
Old Dec 6th 2005, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Rich those pics are STUNNING! Great stuff.... What camera do you have?
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:17 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kleinluka
Rich those pics are STUNNING! Great stuff.... What camera do you have?
Hi there,

Well thanks ! I have a Sony Cybershot 5.1 MegaPixel with 6x lens (lens not used on those pics tho), have had it almost a year and now with some spare time just getting used to the camera and picking up on the various settings etc as never had a digital camera before. Pics are taken at 1MB quality for internet and email use etc. So, nothing really special in terms of kit.

Rich.

Last edited by Rich_007; Dec 6th 2005 at 12:24 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2005, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich_007
No BBQ that weekend

Rich.
LOL - Actually, peeps BBQ all year round here. Once we had a wonderful time in the back yard building igloos and snowmen. The temp went from 20 below to plus 15 in the same day and we had to take our jackets off we were that warm. We sat outside eating hot dogs from the barbie - great fun!
Old Dec 6th 2005, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

Originally Posted by louisbourg
i THINK I HAVE CRACKED THE PICTURE THING

hope so

sharon xx
Forge Dam has changed a bit since I was last there
Old Dec 7th 2005, 7:16 am
Lost again

john fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to beholdjohn fisher is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dbd33
I''m not sure how you spell Calabogie but it's a happy picture.
We had a great day -15 and our first ski lesson.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:55 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

What a snowy, happy thread! Fantastic pictures people!

Most of my photos are still in Canada but here are two I have of snow: some friends and me - me wearing the most ridiculous looking mom-knitted toque (ffs mom! ) - after snow-shoeing and me as a kid being a bit unsure about being on top of the snow (both near Peterborough, ON).
Attached Thumbnails Canada winter tales: feels like Scandinavia here-thatstoopidhat.jpg   Canada winter tales: feels like Scandinavia here-meonthesnow.jpg  

Last edited by hot wasabi peas; Dec 7th 2005 at 9:01 am.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 7:19 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas

Most of my photos are still in Canada but here are two I have of snow: some friends and me - me wearing the most ridiculous looking mom-knitted toque (ffs mom! ) - after snow-shoeing and me as a kid being a bit unsure about being on top of the snow (both near Peterborough, ON).
Thats really cheered me up this morning....so I wasn't the only one made to wear everything knitted by relatives. It was like 'Noah and Nelly' in our house at Christmas.....was surprised the Turkey wasn't knitted ?!?!!
Old Dec 7th 2005, 11:40 pm
anjit

Some recent pics here, from the Niagara region
Attached Thumbnails Canada winter tales: feels like Scandinavia here-niagarafalls.jpg   Canada winter tales: feels like Scandinavia here-walkinthewoods.jpg   Canada winter tales: feels like Scandinavia here-whitexmas.jpg  

Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:28 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tangram
Thats really cheered me up this morning....so I wasn't the only one made to wear everything knitted by relatives. It was like 'Noah and Nelly' in our house at Christmas.....was surprised the Turkey wasn't knitted ?!?!!

Man, I love Google!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by anjit
Some recent pics here, from the Niagara region

Lovely - looking forward to some snow in Ontario when we arrive on Sunday.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 12:12 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Not so often we have a sunny clear winter day in the Okanagan, many days are cloudy and grim, today was a cracker accompanied by a fantastic sunset.

No tinting or other manipulation on attached pic, t'is a real sunset in the West.

Rich.
Attached Thumbnails Canada winter tales: feels like Scandinavia here-dsc00975.jpg  

Last edited by Rich_007; Dec 8th 2005 at 12:17 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2005, 12:29 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Love the Tennis Racquets!!
Old Dec 8th 2005, 2:20 pm
Lotus-eater

Me wearing the most ridiculous looking mom-knitted toque.
Peas, erm that doesn't exactly give away which one is you !

I have recently discovered the horror of toque-hair. Very nasty.

Rich

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.