British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   canada/ willis brazolot&co (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/canada-willis-brazolot-co-662660/)

holtyny Apr 5th 2010 9:42 am

canada/ willis brazolot&co

hi everyone, i am feeling a little whats the word ere disillusioned i have now been with this company for over 2 yrs i am a painter&decorator ive been over to vancouver for interviews all went well then bam global economy, then had a tel interview with a guy in toronto all went well then bam he has unpaid tax or something to that effect, now its a waiting game i suppose but when will this wait end, i have more or less put my life on hold ready to for this move to canada but there as to be a cut of point where enough is enough, but then my problem is how can i achieve my dream of canada, i feel like i am stuck in this the middle of waiting ir cancelling with the agency, had to get that of my chest i live in jersey channel island and as you may know its small and i am feeling suffocated now and need to expand, there my rant over, oh yea plus i am 33yrs old is there a limit in terms of age for canada,:o

AmyDavid Apr 5th 2010 4:12 pm

Re: canada/ willis brazolot&co

Originally Posted by holtyny (Post 8473085)
hi everyone, i am feeling a little whats the word ere disillusioned i have now been with this company for over 2 yrs i am a painter&decorator ive been over to vancouver for interviews all went well then bam global economy, then had a tel interview with a guy in toronto all went well then bam he has unpaid tax or something to that effect, now its a waiting game i suppose but when will this wait end, i have more or less put my life on hold ready to for this move to canada but there as to be a cut of point where enough is enough, but then my problem is how can i achieve my dream of canada, i feel like i am stuck in this the middle of waiting ir cancelling with the agency, had to get that of my chest i live in jersey channel island and as you may know its small and i am feeling suffocated now and need to expand, there my rant over, oh yea plus i am 33yrs old is there a limit in terms of age for canada,:o

I assume W&B are trying to get you into Canada on a Work Permit? I also assume you are quite happy to go anywhere in Canada? Do you mind me asking how much you have paid them to date?

holtyny Apr 5th 2010 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8473768)
I assume W&B are trying to get you into Canada on a Work Permit? I also assume you are quite happy to go anywhere in Canada? Do you mind me asking how much you have paid them to date?

hi thanks for replying, so far to date we was going for work permit and then we was preparing all paperwork for another permit?(i think) i am more than happy to try anywhere in canada like i said as nice as jersey is its to small,as for payment my original agreement was £2500, then when i had this job offer for this guy in toronto as they have dealt with him before we updated the aagreementcontract, and i paid a ffurther£1000, as i understand it goes like this they told me if we applied for this other visa(not sure which one) with this guy it meant if for some reason we did not gel i could still stay in canada and find other employment, but this option would take a year to finalise thats the extra money i paid, please dont qoquotee on this i just went along with what ive been told hence paying for there expertise so if i sound vague its because i was caught up in the moment and everything was going well but things have slowed and its at the stage of will this happen at all? sorry to sound so boring but hey ,, cheers ian

AmyDavid Apr 5th 2010 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by holtyny (Post 8473901)
hi thanks for replying, so far to date we was going for work permit and then we was preparing all paperwork for another permit?(i think) i am more than happy to try anywhere in canada like i said as nice as jersey is its to small,as for payment my original agreement was £2500, then when i had this job offer for this guy in toronto as they have dealt with him before we updated the aagreementcontract, and i paid a ffurther£1000, as i understand it goes like this they told me if we applied for this other visa(not sure which one) with this guy it meant if for some reason we did not gel i could still stay in canada and find other employment, but this option would take a year to finalise thats the extra money i paid, please dont qoquotee on this i just went along with what ive been told hence paying for there expertise so if i sound vague its because i was caught up in the moment and everything was going well but things have slowed and its at the stage of will this happen at all? sorry to sound so boring but hey ,, cheers ian

Hmm well W&B are not allowed to charge you for finding employment for you. I assume you do not have any experience in a job on the list of 38? What about your Wife/Partner? 3500 pounds is a lot of money to have shelled out for nothing to happen.

holtyny Apr 6th 2010 4:10 pm

Wirelessly posted (Nokia6300/2.0 (07.21) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I dont think they where charging for that i think the extra was for citizenship i have a feelin they was preparing the paperwork for work permit and the full citizenship. I am currently single with no ties thats why i say my life is on hold. As i dont want to stay in jersey there is no point getting close to people. And yes it is a lot of money but at the time i was wrapped up in all the positive talk. But no one could forseen the downfall of the economy. Perhaps it as just been bad timing. And things will turn round. Mmm (positive thinking). We will see.

AmyDavid Apr 6th 2010 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by holtyny (Post 8476295)
Wirelessly posted (Nokia6300/2.0 (07.21) Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

I dont think they where charging for that i think the extra was for citizenship i have a feelin they was preparing the paperwork for work permit and the full citizenship. I am currently single with no ties thats why i say my life is on hold. As i dont want to stay in jersey there is no point getting close to people. And yes it is a lot of money but at the time i was wrapped up in all the positive talk. But no one could forseen the downfall of the economy. Perhaps it as just been bad timing. And things will turn round. Mmm (positive thinking). We will see.

It is still alot of money and they can't be charging you for Citizenship as you have to live in Canada for a certain amount of time with Permanent Residence before you can apply for Citizenship....

Good luck :0)

Atlantic Xpat Apr 6th 2010 4:20 pm

On the subject of Willis Brazalot......

I was recently recruiting for a position at the company I work for. (Not an electrician before you ask). One of the resumes I received was from a potentially well qualified Brit via Willis Brazalot i.e. they sent me his resume, albeit without contact details. (although it was easy enough to find him on linked in so I could have contacted him directly had I been minded too.;)) So they do something for their princely fee even if it's only scanning workopolis and careerbeacon, where this particular job was posted. Whether using WB to find jobs that are widely advertised is particularly good value is of course upto the punter in question.

three12sox Apr 6th 2010 10:47 pm

Hate to be the bearer of bad news you obviously havent checked the internet lately

AmyDavid Apr 6th 2010 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by three12sox (Post 8477293)
Hate to be the bearer of bad news you obviously havent checked the internet lately

About what? Going to google now...

AmyDavid Apr 6th 2010 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8477372)
About what? Going to google now...

Nope...not sure what you are on about?

three12sox Apr 7th 2010 2:07 am

google willis brazolot news

Tracie107 Apr 7th 2010 3:51 am

We used WB to find out about our points then when they told us we had to pay £10,500 I thought - whatever they can do I can do myself so I did and it took my husband and I just 4 months to get his PR via the PNP route.

I found my hubby the job - just emailed a few companies he was very lucky that he got a reply the following day and 3 days later was given the job.

I wish you all the best and don't give up!...............but don't hand over any more money.

holtyny Apr 7th 2010 6:12 am

Thanks all i as for money handed over my contract says i can get back 98% back of what Ive paid. How easy that is a guess. But is there any point in goin back to square 1 now the way i see it Ive gone this far and been in this position this long i might as well stick it out. Or do i ya see thats the problem. I take most of the blame here i presumed it would al be plane sailing paying a good company so arrange things but a lesson learned i suppose. 1 more thing. The job interviews in vancouver and summerland over a year ago all said they would like me to join them. Now the economy turned for the worse a month later. But is it ok o contact these direct i have there email or do i leave it up to wb its like going behind there backs no. Thanks again everyone. Ian

Linzania Apr 7th 2010 6:52 am

Originally Posted by three12sox (Post 8477686)

I would read about this too. Easy to find.

christmasoompa Apr 7th 2010 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Linzania (Post 8478082)
I would read about this too. Easy to find.

Originally Posted by three12sox (Post 8477686)

I'm clearly being very dense but I've Googled 'Willis Brazolot news' and can't find anything?! Can somebody post a link please?

webnibs Apr 7th 2010 7:49 am

Hi, not sure if they're talking about this article from 4 weeks ago, just a guess.

http://www.westislandgazette.com/news/13523

Cheers

holtyny Apr 7th 2010 9:17 am

Mmm intresting thats put a dent this discussion saying that there are 2 sides to any storys like this. You know it makes a bit of sense just before xmas i had to switch my contract as (cant remember which one as i dont have the info in front of me) but yes had to sign another contract as one of the two men was leaving the company now that adds up a little. . Mmm anyway now what after knowing that what do i do is anyone else in the situation i find myself in. Should i email wb let on i know or what. Crikey . . :)

Lyn_and_John Apr 7th 2010 9:41 am

Originally Posted by holtyny (Post 8478354)

Mmm intresting thats put a dent this discussion saying that there are 2 sides to any storys like this. You know it makes a bit of sense just before xmas i had to switch my contract as (cant remember which one as i dont have the info in front of me) but yes had to sign another contract as one of the two men was leaving the company now that adds up a little. . Mmm anyway now what after knowing that what do i do is anyone else in the situation i find myself in. Should i email wb let on i know or what. Crikey . . :)

Well im certainly not. It certainly hasnt affected the company as far as we are concerned - lets face it - half of BT bosses (or powergen, or skytv get the picture?) could be up to god knows what and it doesnt make the slightest difference to us - they had a situation and they dealt with it - end of story really? We paid our money to willis brazolot and are glad we did - yes its expensive - but at least we knew things were being done right - and they were. Our passports - with canadian visa stamped in them - are being couriered back to us as i type (hopefully arrive tomorrow) - and i certainly consider it to have been well worth the money - the whole emigrating process is stressful enough without having to worry about whether or not you have done the paperwork right etc - they have been nothing but professional and extremely helpful every step of the way - and a bonus is they were very friendly too - i can certainly recommend it!

cestrianuck Apr 7th 2010 10:04 am

I must admit, I had the same experience as Lyn and John. Chris Willis has left the company, but beyond that, service is running as normal.

It seems pricey at first, but the service offered has been exemplary, and we are just waiting on the High Commission to issue the visas in our passports.

holtyny Apr 7th 2010 12:02 pm

Yea i think your right. Ok positive thinking from now on.

laa1973 Apr 7th 2010 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Lyn_and_John (Post 8478422)
Well im certainly not. It certainly hasnt affected the company as far as we are concerned - lets face it - half of BT bosses (or powergen, or skytv get the picture?) could be up to god knows what and it doesnt make the slightest difference to us - they had a situation and they dealt with it - end of story really? We paid our money to willis brazolot and are glad we did - yes its expensive - but at least we knew things were being done right - and they were. Our passports - with canadian visa stamped in them - are being couriered back to us as i type (hopefully arrive tomorrow) - and i certainly consider it to have been well worth the money - the whole emigrating process is stressful enough without having to worry about whether or not you have done the paperwork right etc - they have been nothing but professional and extremely helpful every step of the way - and a bonus is they were very friendly too - i can certainly recommend it!

Same for us, expensive but we wouldn't know where to start!! Only found this site AFTER signing up with WB.

We are at the awaiting med req stage :) Keep checking on CHC LDN web for update but still same :( i suppose we'll have to be patient:thumbup:

Lee

Lyn_and_John Apr 7th 2010 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by laa1973 (Post 8479195)
Same for us, expensive but we wouldn't know where to start!! Only found this site AFTER signing up with WB.

We are at the awaiting med req stage :) Keep checking on CHC LDN web for update but still same :( i suppose we'll have to be patient:thumbup:

Lee

If you mean e-cas, it wont change - you will get your med request and it will still say 'in progress'. We had our meds on 4th feb then passport request on 9th march and it was only yesterday our ecas had 'medical results received' and decision made' put on it - both at once - this is normal from what i can gather - there was no other comment in between. At least we know our passports have now been stamped and are on their way back to us :D

holtyny Apr 7th 2010 4:35 pm

:thumbup:you know as it happens just had email from w.b... donna infact there as been positive interest in me so now we are setting up interviews, ive been down this road before not getting my hopes up to much but in my last post i mentioned positive thinking well its quick it worked, just reading the "secret" during my breaks at work,(it might be that who knows) wont say to much about the book but look it up its controversial, there happy ian (for now):)

laa1973 Apr 7th 2010 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Lyn_and_John (Post 8479209)
If you mean e-cas, it wont change - you will get your med request and it will still say 'in progress'. We had our meds on 4th feb then passport request on 9th march and it was only yesterday our ecas had 'medical results received' and decision made' put on it - both at once - this is normal from what i can gather - there was no other comment in between. At least we know our passports have now been stamped and are on their way back to us :D

Ok thanks for letting us know:thumbsup:,We have been dealing with Heather at WB,she did say we may get the req in June/July. But i think if i look it'll make it quicker:rofl:

Lee

Lyn_and_John Apr 7th 2010 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by holtyny (Post 8479211)
:thumbup:you know as it happens just had email from w.b... donna infact there as been positive interest in me so now we are setting up interviews, ive been down this road before not getting my hopes up to much but in my last post i mentioned positive thinking well its quick it worked, just reading the "secret" during my breaks at work,(it might be that who knows) wont say to much about the book but look it up its controversial, there happy ian (for now):)

wooohooo excellent news! Positive thinking works wonders - im a great believer in it - especially when it comes to jobs - dont think IF i get - think WHEN i get it - dont think IF i get this job im GOING TO BE... think I AM XXXX so why the heck shouldnt i have it! Another good one is the phrase... fake it to make it....... if you think you are xxx, then you will act like xxxx and you will become xxxx - its all a matter of mind over matter - you arent waiting for them to approve of you and turn you into somkething - you already are something so why not have that job! Good luck!

holtyny Apr 7th 2010 4:49 pm

thankyou outstanding reply makes sense when people put it like that but we are from nearly the same region/area so i understand a little bit more, and relate to it,:eek: pity living in jersey i cant do the lottery, anyway thanks and good luck with you

AmyDavid Apr 7th 2010 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by holtyny (Post 8479211)

You will probably find that WB have people checking this site out so it probably isn't too much of a coincidence..;)

Lyn_and_John Apr 7th 2010 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8479587)
You will probably find that WB have people checking this site out so it probably isn't too much of a coincidence..;)

I like to think they have better things to do than read forums like this :)

Lyn_and_John Apr 7th 2010 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by holtyny (Post 8479244)
thankyou outstanding reply makes sense when people put it like that but we are from nearly the same region/area so i understand a little bit more, and relate to it,:eek: pity living in jersey i cant do the lottery, anyway thanks and good luck with you

thanks! nearly the same region? I could spit into blackburn from here! My hubby is a blackburn man

AmyDavid Apr 7th 2010 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Lyn_and_John (Post 8479603)
I like to think they have better things to do than read forums like this :)

I am sure they like to keep on top of what is being said about them...

Lyn_and_John Apr 7th 2010 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by AmyDavid (Post 8479682)
I am sure they like to keep on top of what is being said about them...

well nothing for them to worry about here :D

Binty Apr 7th 2010 9:01 pm

Hi,

We are with WB&Co, we are at the stage of waiting for our PPR. It did make me a little jittery when I read the article though as due to Chris Willis leaving the company, we had signed over to Dennis Brazolot :eek:

We too have have Heather as our advisor and have to agree that she (and her co-workers) have been nothing but professional :thumbup:

Lets hope they manage to sort this out without it affecting their clients :fingerscrossed:

Binty

christmasoompa Apr 8th 2010 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Lyn_and_John (Post 8479688)
well nothing for them to worry about here :D

Except that this is the first positive thread I've ever seen about them on here?!? Every other one has been less than happy with their services or their prices which are generally triple what any other CSIC consultant will charge.

So if they do look at this forum, they're probably breathing a huge sigh of relief that they've finally got some positive reviews on here! ;)

Lyn_and_John Apr 8th 2010 9:08 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 8480730)
Except that this is the first positive thread I've ever seen about them on here?!? Every other one has been less than happy with their services or their prices which are generally triple what any other CSIC consultant will charge.

So if they do look at this forum, they're probably breathing a huge sigh of relief that they've finally got some positive reviews on here! ;)

Well, anyone who uses the internet/forums for any length of time soon realises that people are far more likely to spend time typing about their woes/complaints than they are typing about how smoothly things are going. Good news doesnt generally make news and unfortunately, and pretty much unintentionally, forums can give a biased view of a situation. Yes forums are an excellent source of information but it cannot give full perspective.

As for WB prices, yes they are expensive, but there are no hidden costs and every cost is detailed and made clear before you sign up (it certainly was with us - we were under no illusions as to how much it would cost!) - if you find them too expensive after signing up then surely thats down to your own lack of research or reading? There are a lot of different prices quoted by different agents - some significantly lower and im sure there will be some significantly higher - thats life, or business.
My search for an agent wasnt based on price - my dislike of 'smart price' beans has coloured my opinions of all things 'no frills' :o
All i could ever recommend anyone do is to speak to the agents and form your own opinion. Look carefully at what they offer and they price they are offering their services at. If necessary, ask how they justify a higher price.
Email agents asking them questions. Base your decision on this information - with of course an eye on any opinions on forums to give it balance.

christmasoompa Apr 8th 2010 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Lyn_and_John (Post 8480871)
Well, anyone who uses the internet/forums for any length of time soon realises that people are far more likely to spend time typing about their woes/complaints than they are typing about how smoothly things are going. Good news doesnt generally make news and unfortunately, and pretty much unintentionally, forums can give a biased view of a situation. Yes forums are an excellent source of information but it cannot give full perspective.

As for WB prices, yes they are expensive, but there are no hidden costs and every cost is detailed and made clear before you sign up (it certainly was with us - we were under no illusions as to how much it would cost!) - if you find them too expensive after signing up then surely thats down to your own lack of research or reading? There are a lot of different prices quoted by different agents - some significantly lower and im sure there will be some significantly higher - thats life, or business.
My search for an agent wasnt based on price - my dislike of 'smart price' beans has coloured my opinions of all things 'no frills' :o
All i could ever recommend anyone do is to speak to the agents and form your own opinion. Look carefully at what they offer and they price they are offering their services at. If necessary, ask how they justify a higher price.
Email agents asking them questions. Base your decision on this information - with of course an eye on any opinions on forums to give it balance.

Oh, absolutely. Very sensible to do all of the above, I just wanted to point out to any newbies that are considering using WB that it may be worth doing a search of the forum as we've not had positive stuff said about them before so this thread is a bit of a novelty!

No doubt anybody considering using a consultant will do their research and choose somebody they are happy with, whoever that may be.

:)

holtyny Apr 8th 2010 9:30 am

I agree before wb i went to london at this other company had a meeting with them the guy i spoke to on the phone was not able to meet me suprise suprise. Them guess what a salesman from the company kindly stepped in is place and was really bustin my chops about payment straight away. I nearly paid £6000 when i 1st looked into canada with this mob. Luckly for me i had the sense to spend £100 flying to london to see them. As it saved me a lot of money what a joke this lot where. So what i am tryin to say is there is always somethiing deep down telling you weather to go for it or not. And i got the go for it with wb.

optimadam Apr 9th 2010 10:43 am

Have you tried asking for your money back?

See if it kicks them into gear :)

laa1973 Apr 9th 2010 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Lyn_and_John (Post 8480871)

Totally agree,we never had a gun to our head to sign up it was our choice all the way. :thumbsup:

Lee

marietuluse Apr 9th 2010 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Lyn_and_John (Post 8478422)

I agree with Lyn & John, we used W&B, they have been fantastic, nothing is too much trouble for them. We received our passports with visas last month & going out to Alberta in June to get them stamped to become official permanent residents, we hope to move out there by the end of the year.
My husbands job is plumbing & heating, He has been emailing companies direct and has a few interviews in June.
W&B are expensive, but they have done everything for us & without their help I think we would have given up on our Canadian dream a long time ago!

laa1973 Apr 9th 2010 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by marietuluse (Post 8484000)
I agree with Lyn & John, we used W&B, they have been fantastic, nothing is too much trouble for them. We received our passports with visas last month & going out to Alberta in June to get them stamped to become official permanent residents, we hope to move out there by the end of the year.
My husbands job is plumbing & heating, He has been emailing companies direct and has a few interviews in June.
W&B are expensive, but they have done everything for us & without their help I think we would have given up on our Canadian dream a long time ago!

Good luck,we are still waiting for our med req, i too am a heating engineer/plumber. Good luck to you both.

Lee