Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

In Canada - where to buy voltage converter?

In Canada - where to buy voltage converter?

Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

englishbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In Canada - where to buy voltage converter?

if id have known all this i wouldnt have sold EVERYTHING ggrrrr
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:38 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alisonforster
Apologies for muscling in on this discussion, which has been extremely helpful, but I am in the process of moving to VI and have a brand new Sony Bravia TV I would very much like to take with me. It is 220V - 240V; 50Hz and 94W. Can anyone help in advising which step up/down transformer I should buy to accommodate this?

Thanks so much.
A small 500w one should do it. That's what we use from time to time to run our old UK stereo system.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 11:44 am
Just Joined

SKY-COP is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: In Canada - where to buy voltage converter?

Originally Posted by englishbird
if id have known all this i wouldnt have sold EVERYTHING ggrrrr
I would have done exactly the same, Im in planning process of moving out permanently with family. What to do with expensive electrical items was high on agenda.
Thanks to all on this thread, all I need to do now is some ferreting around the back of tele,s stereos amplifiers ect to see if they are dual rated, and if not some simple maths to calculate Wattage ect.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 12:30 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alisonforster
Apologies for muscling in on this discussion, which has been extremely helpful, but I am in the process of moving to VI and have a brand new Sony Bravia TV I would very much like to take with me. It is 220V - 240V; 50Hz and 94W. Can anyone help in advising which step up/down transformer I should buy to accommodate this?

Thanks so much.
The voltage converters .com website has loads of info on it, and tells you how to find out how much power the item draws, it was all most interesting. I bought a really small one for things like the water pic in the bathroom...bloody expensive to buy, and I didn't want to buy another, a slightly larger one for kitchen bits and a bloody great big one for power tools. We made the order and they arrived the next day!

Prior to moving, I had listened to RivingtonPike...he said if it wasn't concreted in to bring it with me...and I did, and am grateful. Yeah for RivingtonPike