Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada Trip - Toronto-Rockies-Calgary

Canada Trip - Toronto-Rockies-Calgary

Old May 28th 2009, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

High Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to all
Question Canada Trip - Toronto-Rockies-Calgary

Hey folks!

Wow, it's been a while since i posted!

Come September, my mother and I are going to Canada. Sadly, we lost my father last year very suddenly from Pancreatic Cancer They always wanted to go but now she's taking me and it just so happens that I have an Internet pal from Winnipeg, Manitoba, to meet us in Calgary with his car!

Any tips for sites and hotels? We will fly to Toronto and then to the Rockies before heading to Calgary, Alberta.

We have about £4000 saved so far but still are unaware of the ins and outs so any links will be so greatly appreciated, as will some advice.

Many, many thanks my lovely friends,

Yours truly,

Lo
Old May 28th 2009, 11:34 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Trip - Toronto-Rockies-Calgary

I would recommend flying direct to Calgary from London Heathrow rather than stopping in Toronto if you want to do the Rockies. Calgary is the stepping point to the Rockies, Toronto is very far away.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

As Ben says, then you can either get the "Rocky mountaineer " train which is an amazing experience (allegedly) but expensive, or you can hire a car (my preference), that way you can take things in in your own time and fully appreciate the beauty. When you do the rockies are you going to Vancouver? if so go via Golden then down to the okanagan as far as osoyoos. Seems like lots of driving but WELL worth it. Were you planning to visit the falls in Ontario then fly to the west?
Old May 28th 2009, 4:52 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Well the area between Calgary and Vancouver is general called the rockies but there are multiple Mountain Ranges. Did a 3 day tour in a car and by the time day 2 had come around seeing mountains on the left, mountains on the right mountain stream and winding valley in front around every Bend it got real boring.

Try to stop off in the small town and villages and go away from the main highways - basically get lost - and you'll really enjoy meeting the honest working people you'll meet and talk to on your way out.

IF your internet friend is taking their time and money to meet you in Calgary, then allow them to entertain you and suggest the things to do as I'd expect it isn't their 1st of doing it.

Grah
Old May 29th 2009, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

High Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to allHigh Priestess is a name known to all
Arrow Re: Canada Trip - Toronto-Rockies-Calgary

Hey chaps,

Thank you so very much for the posts/replies!

I am eternally grateful!

Just one prob here and that is Mum won't drive abroard, she is a novice driver, somewhat!

So bearing that in mind, can you come up with any affordable travel trips within Canada?

Blessings as always, friends,

Yours
Lo ,