Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

is canada a petrolhead/car enthusiast friendly country?

is canada a petrolhead/car enthusiast friendly country?

Old May 4th 2017, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

this_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: is canada a petrolhead/car enthusiast friendly country?

I don't remember the fuel rating. Can you get 97 RON in Canada ?
Old May 4th 2017, 8:07 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by this_
You have a weird flight of ideas/train of thought ... I reckon you are indeed 17 with ADD: unsure:
Old May 4th 2017, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
You have a weird flight of ideas/train of thought ... I reckon you are indeed 17 with ADD: unsure:
Why's that then?
Old May 4th 2017, 8:16 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
There is no margin of error in law, or onus on the office to provide any information on the device or calibration of the device. Nothing that would stand up in court if disputed. As stated, speeding is an absolute offence and if ticketed, it is very hard to defend, in most cases.
The police are cads then. I remember going over to VI to look at a boat and was followed by a cop long a a stretch of road in some bum-craphole of a place so I put my cruise control on a couple of k's under the limit and he followed me for a awhile and then got visibly pissed of a did violence u turn on a bend to show his frustration.

Plus, the bloke who was selling the boat lied about the condition and told us to naff off when I asked him refund our ferry and gas money because of his false advertising. But later as I thought about the boat there was something dodgy about the set up. So I made HID report it. Turned out he'd stolen it so they did him for a couple of offences and he got a criminal record. I really hope that naffed up his life a bit.
Old May 4th 2017, 8:18 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Why's that then?
Just a hunch- call it medical intuition...
Old May 4th 2017, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oink
The police are cads then. I remember going over to VI to look at a boat and was followed by a cop long a a stretch of road in some bum-craphole of a place so I put my cruise control on a couple of k's under the limit and he followed me for a awhile and then got visibly pissed of a did violence u turn on a bend to show his frustration.

Plus, the bloke who was selling the boat lied about the condition and told us to naff off when I asked him refund our ferry and gas money because of his false advertising. But later as I thought about the boat there was something dodgy about the set up. So I made HID report it. Turned out he'd stolen it so they did him for a couple of offences and he got a criminal record. I really hope that naffed up his life a bit.
you failed to help him meet his quota ?

What's HID ?
Old May 4th 2017, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stinkypup
Just a hunch- call it medical intuition...
Ah I see
Old May 4th 2017, 8:24 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

you failed to help him meet his quota ?

What's HID ?
Her-indoors, meaning the girlfriend. It's from a UK TV show from the 1980s.
Old May 4th 2017, 8:25 pm

Why's that then?
I think you sound very grown up.
Old May 4th 2017, 8:38 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

94 Octane is generally the highest rating here. 87 is standard, 91 is for vehicles requiring premium gas and 94 for high performance, though it's not available at all gas stations.

RON = Research Octane Number (used in Europe)
MON = Motor Octane Number
AKI = Anti-Knock Index. This is the number that is posted at gas stations here as "Octane". It is derived as: (RON + MON)/2

Last edited by R I C H; May 4th 2017 at 8:46 pm.
Old May 4th 2017, 8:46 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Octane index used in NA is not displayed in the research octane number (RON) as it is in the UK. We use AKI (Anti Knock Index). 94 AKI, which Chevron sell, ethanol free is 98 RON. I use 94 in high performance engines, although 91 will do, I prefer ethanol free.

Last edited by Aviator; May 4th 2017 at 8:49 pm.
Old May 4th 2017, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Oink
I think you sound very grown up.
cheers

Last edited by this_; May 4th 2017 at 9:20 pm.
Old May 4th 2017, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by R I C H
94 Octane is generally the highest rating here. 87 is standard, 91 is for vehicles requiring premium gas and 94 for high performance, though it's not available at all gas stations.

RON = Research Octane Number (used in Europe)
MON = Motor Octane Number
AKI = Anti-Knock Index. This is the number that is posted at gas stations here as "Octane". It is derived as: (RON + MON)/2
Thanks. Seems like 94 Aki is around 98/99 RON.

Last edited by this_; May 4th 2017 at 9:21 pm.
Old May 4th 2017, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

GermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond repute

The OP would perhaps find a happy home in Bavaria:
- some of the best roads in the world if you like speed.
- a massive selection of exceptionally powerful German cars are everywhere (my boss just traded up from 450bhp to over 600bhp)
- English is widely spoken with many english language jobs
- under two hours to over 100 ski resorts in Austria, Germany and Switzerland (from Munich)
- high salaries and low fuel prices
- a very conservative view in regional government on protecting the autobahn culture at all costs, despite the rumblings in Berlin about slowing people down
- very unlikely to hit a moose....

Cars are expensive here but salaries make up for it.
Old May 4th 2017, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
Very quickly, yes, but it's always faster than the 401/DVP/QEW/427. The 401 is however something to see once; 16 lanes of vehicles going at 5mph makes one appreciate busses.
I thought this was a joke until I went on google maps... my god that 401!

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat
Are you 17? The tone of your arguments is that of a teenager.
This. This. This.

*Lands in Canada*
Immigration official: So what made you emigrate to Canada
This_: I wanted to drive my car really fast mate
Immigration official: OK................................................ And where are your parents?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.