Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

'canada news' magazine

'canada news' magazine

Old Dec 18th 2003, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

xela_17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 'canada news' magazine

Hi, I am a new visitor to this forum and would like to know: for those of you that read canada news, would you say that it is worth subscribing to and is it really helpful? Also, the free video you get with the year's subscription, how good is that?
Old Dec 18th 2003, 4:52 pm
ACL
Forum Regular

ACL will become famous soon enough

Well we subscribed just a month ago and got Decembers issue through and I have found it interesting and helpful with of course some good contact info and ads inside.

As we subscribed for a whole year we also got the video http://www.outboundpublishing.com/cg...howitem=000001 which follows the video diaries of 6 families as they emigrate to Canada, New Zealand and Australia....we enjoyed it (although the quality is a bit dodgy seing that a lot of the video has been home filmed by the families) and were surprised that the video must have gone on for at least a couple of hours.

Last edited by ACL; Dec 18th 2003 at 4:55 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2003, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

Spongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura aboutSpongebob has a spectacular aura about

Hello xela_17

We would definatley recommend Canada news. We used it during our application process and found the articles pretty useful and the stories from families very informative.

I think it looks good on your application as well when you say that you have subscibed to it as it shows that you are using many resources for researching about canada. I managed to get a letter printed in there as well which I sent in along with my application.

Just a quick note, its a small world after reading your post, we where actually on the video (karen and phil) from Liverpool and kenilworth who emmigrated to Vancouver Island in June 2000.

We are still here and enjoying life despite what the editors comments said at the end of the video.

Hope this helps

The Streets
Old Dec 19th 2003, 8:44 am
Just Joined

xela_17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much. Both replies have convinced me I should subscribe and I look forward to seeing Karen and Phil on the video!

Alex
Old Dec 19th 2003, 9:11 am
ACL
Forum Regular

ACL will become famous soon enough

Karen & Phil

It looked absolutley beautiful where you were....most envious and so pleased that you are still happy there.