Canada meet up in UK

Canada meet up in UK

Old Apr 18th 2007, 7:50 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada meet up in UK

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Charlie,

it's called Baseball in N.A.

Usually played by fat guys in 'capri' pants.

Don't mind the fat guys, 'capri' pants on a bloke, nah.....

Anyone fancy a game of baseball then? err whats the rules???

Charlie
Old Apr 18th 2007, 8:06 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Butch,

we could always get something sorted for when we come over in July I'm sure you could find a few fat guys
You calling me a porker.

Seriously this Cannuck living hasnt been good for my waistline. Not quite hit the fat bastard mark yet but I'm getting there.

note to self EXERCISE YOU LAZY GIT
Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Spoons,

Good job Carl did'nt make his faux pa before the Stratford meet, otherwise I'd have just sent the wife & kids.

Still, can't knock it till you've tried it, eh Carl.

You cheeky bleeder

Glad you can make it, let us know if you get any replies to the earlier meet-up time, as we will be stopping over Friday night, so could try and get up and meet-up?

I have been trying to think if there was a field near the car park, but all I can remember is woods will have a look on web site and then give them a bell.

Weather not to good for this weekend coming, so hopefully change for us next Somebody did mention snow that would be great laugh

See you all soon,
Carl
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi all,
just phoned Sherwood forest, Major Oak. Plenty of parking that's sign posted off the A6075. There is play area, cafe, pinic area with playing field and even a fair that's going to be there next weekend

We are planning on getting there bit earlier, to set up camp and unfurl our huge flag

If you need my mobile number or anymore information, please contact me, add to thread or PM.

many thanks, see you all soon.
the gibbos (Carl)
Old Apr 21st 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a blast you guys! I am almost feeling left out. I hope you all have a great time and dont forget to post the photos now. Would love to be able to meet any of you once you arrive in Canada. If any of you are coming to Quebec( Montreal) I would love to show you around. .. Dont bring your giant Canadian flag though, you might get shot! HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 21st 2007, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhere along the line I have gotten totally lost in what the plans are for April 28th - ok call me the dumb blonde

Someone somewhere please help this dumb blonde so she can find her wat there with the aid of a Sat Nav

For the poster who's 14 year sold wanted "hot Totty" then tell him I am coming - but seeing am a bit on the old side for him will bring my gorgeous 12 year old daughter for him oh and of course 11 year Nate too

Gaynor
x
Old Apr 21st 2007, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
Somewhere along the line I have gotten totally lost in what the plans are for April 28th - ok call me the dumb blonde

Someone somewhere please help this dumb blonde so she can find her wat there with the aid of a Sat Nav

For the poster who's 14 year sold wanted "hot Totty" then tell him I am coming - but seeing am a bit on the old side for him will bring my gorgeous 12 year old daughter for him oh and of course 11 year Nate too

Gaynor
x
From one blonde to another!
Quote from post 130....

We are meeting in the car park for the Major Oak. It's free parking, large play area, cafe, few pubs in local area.The Major Oak is just North of Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire. If you put a search in on multimap for Edwinstowe and you will see the parking marked on the map. It's in the Sherwood forest.

We the Gibbos are caravaning in a site about 2 miles up the road from the Tree and the Hotel is a little further along.

We aim to meet at 12 noon.

Oh and we have the testosterone fuelled 14 year old... Lock up your daughter....

Last edited by Robin (The Gadget family); Apr 21st 2007 at 10:03 pm. Reason: Time of meet
Old Apr 21st 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

karla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant futurekarla03 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by KAT16
We live in Rutland and would love to meet up. Hubby back from Afghanistan in 15days (Hopefully) but if it is before then I'll come on my own.
Hi, What unit is your husband with. My brother in law is in afgan at the minute and me and my hubby are EX Army.

Karla x x x
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

grthespark is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi folks,
not sure where to add this post?
I am trying to arrange a canada meet up over here in UK. We are trying to emigrate to Calgary, Alberta, and was wondering if there is anybody fancy meeting for chat? Please let me know, so we can arrange time and place.

I have just tried to enter it on the meet up calander, but I think I cocked it up

Thanks and regards,
Carl
Hi

Still trying to get my head round this site Is the meeting still on? If so what are the details? Like you we are based in B'ham & also like you & many others are very anxious to leave this place they call GREAT Brittain!

Would love to hear from anyone planing to move to Calgary, we have filed papers, but really Im looking to relocate as soon as .........

Look forward to hearing from anyone with a view or wishing to meet

Gary & Family
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 6:02 am
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Hi gary yes the meet is still on if you read robins recent post you can see the details. which are the major oak near edwinstowe at around 12 midday. Carl(gibbos 1)is organising the meet, with me helping so if you need any other details please PM either of us.

regards

Steve
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

We are planning on getting there bit earlier, to set up camp and unfurl our huge flag:

Sorry

i don't think we will make it.
This is the day that a robber is coming to pick up our 20 month old caravan that has only been used 3 times and includes awning and everything else brand new. the cheeky git decided to up his offer as he could see what immaculate condition it was in and was still £500 short. After further negotiations he has got away with daylight robery. :curse: Even Dick Turpin wore a bloody mask
Still if I ever get a WP it will be no good over there.

Have a good time all. I will be thinking of you as I wipe away the tears
Jo
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jo,
sorry to hear you can't make it

we no what you mean about selling the caravan, we have one, but ours is about 11 years old now. We have only had it 2 years, so we are trying to get some more use out of it before we move. We are undecided whether we should take it or not? If it's worth it, container would cost more then the caravan, but wife's mum bought it us before see past away, so it's sentimental.

I'm pretty sure there are going to be more meet-ups, so hopefully the next time. We will post the photo's of the day, so we can all have a laugh

Thanks for letting us know, see you soon,
Carl
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gary & family,
I have sent you a PM mate. Can find these if you look top right hand side of the page, click om private messages and away you go.

see you soon,
Carl
Old Apr 22nd 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah Gary, can't send you PM, so I've sent you email instead.
cheers
Carl
Old Apr 24th 2007, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Guys,
hope you are all ok and still keen for meet-up the weekend?

I was just wondering what your thoughts are on what we should do if it's wet We are still going to take picnic, and don't mind if it's a little rain, got our waterproofs There is a in door part there(not sure how big it is) and a cafe if you want to grab something to eat.

I have been checking the weather, and so far does not look that bad in that area? Cloudy with sunny spells.
It was nice at the last meet-up, we all took a picnic and sat in a group, in a field, near the river.

James (my lad) had an idea, he his taking his football, and what's us all to have a game of footie

Here's a couple of weather websites,please let me know of any idea's

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/

http://uk.weather.com/

We are looking forward to it, see you all soon,
regards,
Carl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.