Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada meet up in UK

Canada meet up in UK

Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

moonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nice
Default Re: Canada meet up in UK

[QUOTE=Robin (The Gadget family);4650576]I'm there's an obscure offence somewhere of 'loitering with a fag, I mean flag, with intent to attract attention'.

When we were in the States people found it funny when a Brit asked someone if they could 'bum a fag'
Old Apr 16th 2007, 5:32 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=moonraker;4650653]
Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
I'm there's an obscure offence somewhere of 'loitering with a fag, I mean flag, with intent to attract attention'.

When we were in the States people found it funny when a Brit asked someone if they could 'bum a fag'
Carl, is so going to regret this...Anyone know where we can get a large inflateable fag....not flag?
Charlie
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:04 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

[QUOTE=moonraker;4650653]
Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
I'm there's an obscure offence somewhere of 'loitering with a fag, I mean flag, with intent to attract attention'.

my wife hadtrouble when she 1st came over. she was working with a woman who said she she had got on the bus went upstairs and had a fag. my wife's response was is that legal here in the UK then. it took her a while to realise her friend was talking about a cigarette
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Oh you guys are sooooo kind. Don't worry I gave up smoking along time ago

Robin,

if you were to leave at say 8, you could be there at about 11ish? So if you got up just a bit earlier and left at 7ish, you would have no problem. You would have to go to bed earlier than you have been though

cheers for all your kind words,
Carl
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi guys, me again,

My kids have been driving me made, asking how many other kids are going to turn up for the meet-up? So have have said that I would ask on here and hopefully get some replies.

Our two are Emily age 9 and James age 7.

So could you please add reply to thread or send a PM, then stop them driving me mad

Thanks to you all,
Carl & Tracey
Old Apr 17th 2007, 5:58 pm

Hi Emily and James,
Sorry we are not bringing our children.
Hopefully other peple are, I'm sure a few had mentioned children, do you have a rounders bat??
I loooooove rounders, fancy a game???

Charlie
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi guys, me again,

My kids have been driving me made, asking how many other kids are going to turn up for the meet-up? So have have said that I would ask on here and hopefully get some replies.

Our two are Emily age 9 and James age 7.

So could you please add reply to thread or send a PM, then stop them driving me mad
Thanks to you all,
Carl & Tracey
Yeah mine are too.

Max - boy - 14 says he's not going unless there are hot girlies going!?!

Kelda - girl - 8 now but 9 on 3/5 is just excited and keen to meet new kids.

....and we will be leaving here early-early!
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:21 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Unfortunately i will be leaving my 4 year old with my sister.

Charlie great idea about rounders/softball i will see if i can get a set.

Maybe adults against kids, i know bit unfair on the adults but could be fun
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Spoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the roughSpoons1961 is a jewel in the rough

Good job Carl did'nt make his faux pa before the Stratford meet, otherwise I'd have just sent the wife & kids.

Still, can't knock it till you've tried it, eh Carl.

We hope to be going on the 28th and having had a mini meet, would recommend anyone who can go, should make the effort.

As we are likely to be day trippers, we will get there hopefully 10.30 - 11.00. Any other day trippers who want to make the most of it could meet up a little earlier and join the main group around lunchtime.

'Just an Idea if anyone is interested.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,
yep we are taking some bats and balls, so we could find some where to have a game.

Robin,

great to hear your are leaving early.
so far we have 26 couple and families that have said they are interested in the meet-up, so there couple be a few there
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

I'll bring our box of circus toys - balls, clubs, diablos, devil sticks and poi, and a frisbi and whatever other outdoor toys we can think of.
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robin,
nice one, good idea. We can all have a go
Old Apr 17th 2007, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by steved61
Unfortunately i will be leaving my 4 year old with my sister.

Charlie great idea about rounders/softball i will see if i can get a set.

Maybe adults against kids, i know bit unfair on the adults but could be fun
No worries, I have two sets, will bring them with me!!

Charlie
Old Apr 17th 2007, 10:50 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by purple80
Hi Emily and James,
Sorry we are not bringing our children.
Hopefully other peple are, I'm sure a few had mentioned children, do you have a rounders bat??
I loooooove rounders, fancy a game???

Charlie
Charlie,

it's called Baseball in N.A.

Usually played by fat guys in 'capri' pants.

Old Apr 18th 2007, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Butch,

we could always get something sorted for when we come over in July I'm sure you could find a few fat guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.