Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada meet up in UK

Canada meet up in UK

Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada meet up in UK

Thought of you all meeting up yesterday and didn't you have great weather? The flag helped then Carl? We also are looking forward to the meet up on 28th. It will be fun to be around people that understand what we are going through.
We will make sure that we bring a camera, you just can't get the staff these days can yer?
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Oooopppppss yes I did mean flags
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Fresh back from the pub that had us in stitches.

Thanks, Gibbos!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Will be booked into the Travelodge from Friday 27th so any time Saturday is good with us!

Just depends what sort of distances people are travelling on the day!

Thought I'd got the wrong meet up when you mentioned "fags"!!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

Hi All,

Just started reading this thread this eve.... maybe interested in your meet up soon could you give me a few more details on where, when etc.. ?

I have 2 boys aged 10 & 7 that may have to be dragged along.

We're looking to go to Nova Scotia, having been there twice and Newfoundland once,,, just had Meds last Thursday at clinic in London recommended by MK Murrays.

Thanks

Michelle
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

How did meds go?
Hope they looked after you?
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice
Default Canada meet up in UK

Meds were good,,, think worse bit is actually the thought of all this stuff !

Came down with throat & aching last Monday and still not too good,, probably the worry,,, goodness knows what I'll be like when we finally get there !!

Never got round to mailing you to say Thanks for the lists,,, bet you are counting the days until you leave these shores,,, did I read somewhere you are off on 29th ?
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by mumof2
Hi All,

Just started reading this thread this eve.... maybe interested in your meet up soon could you give me a few more details on where, when etc.. ?

I have 2 boys aged 10 & 7 that may have to be dragged along.

We're looking to go to Nova Scotia, having been there twice and Newfoundland once,,, just had Meds last Thursday at clinic in London recommended by MK Murrays.

Thanks

Michelle
Michelle, Hi & Welcome.

Have a look on page 5 message 62 & 64 of this thread but meet up looks like it's going to be changed to 12 noon.

Hope to see you there.

Old Apr 15th 2007, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi mumof2

Glad meds went well - at least they're done with now.
Yep we go on 28th.......eek!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi Mumof2,
glad you can make it.
We are meeting in the car park for the Major Oak. It's free parking, large play area, cafe, few pubs in local area.The Major Oak is just North of Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire. If you put a search in on multimap for Edwinstowe and you will see the parking marked on the map. It's in the Sherwood forest.

We the Gibbos are caravaning in a site about 2 miles up the road from the Tree and the Hotel is a little further along. If you contact stevd61 he has more details about the hotel, also other people staying in travel log and another B&B, so if you are look for a place to stay, just ask. I will send you a PM with link for the campsite tomorrow. Along with more details on the venue.

We are taking our two kids, Emily 9, and James 7, and I think there will be a few more kids, so they should keep them selves happy

mkmurrays,
Did make me laugh and had to show Trace. I have had a few tins now, so I am being extra careful

Nova boy,
you never know who gunna turn up

This is looking like it's going to be a brill meet-up, loads going
speak soon,
Carl
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah mkmurrays,
real pitty you are not going to be there for the 28th meet-up, you have been a great help and just wanted to meet and say thanks in person.

We will have to try and meet up when we go over for holiday/research trip, end July, begin Aug?

Cheers Sharon,
Carl
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice
Smile Re: Canada meet up in UK

hello all
got an email from the site this week and have only just looked at it, there was a link to your calendar date

we're in the early stages of planning our emigration. I (Kristi) was born in toronto and am just sending off for my canadian passport, then i hope to sponsor my partner (Karl) on a family class visa.

we're just down the road from nottingham in northamptonshire and i think we'll be coming on the 28th (need to wait til i can get hold of karl, he's had to go to edinbugh today for work)

i've been reading loads of posts and articles on this and other emigration sites & forums and am getting a bit over-whelmed with all the info available, it would be great to meet and speak with others planning this big life-changing event to get ideas, info and advice!

hope to see you in a couple of weeks
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi thundercat600,
most welcome to come along and say hello. This will be the first meet up for most of us, we had a small on saturday, and we found it very interesting and helpful, and made some new friends in the process.

Will PM you later and hope to see you there.
regards,
Carl
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi thundercat600,
most welcome to come along and say hello. This will be the first meet up for most of us, we had a small on saturday, and we found it very interesting and helpful, and made some new friends in the process.

Will PM you later and hope to see you there.
regards,
Carl
great stuff! if i'd read this earlier in the week we could've popped across to stratford on saturday! hope to see you on the 28th
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi Mumof2,
glad you can make it.
We are meeting in the car park for the Major Oak. It's free parking, large play area, cafe, few pubs in local area.The Major Oak is just North of Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire. If you put a search in on multimap for Edwinstowe and you will see the parking marked on the map. It's in the Sherwood forest.

We the Gibbos are caravaning in a site about 2 miles up the road from the Tree and the Hotel is a little further along. If you contact stevd61 he has more details about the hotel, also other people staying in travel log and another B&B, so if you are look for a place to stay, just ask. I will send you a PM with link for the campsite tomorrow. Along with more details on the venue.

We are taking our two kids, Emily 9, and James 7, and I think there will be a few more kids, so they should keep them selves happy

mkmurrays,
Did make me laugh and had to show Trace. I have had a few tins now, so I am being extra careful

Nova boy,
you never know who gunna turn up

This is looking like it's going to be a brill meet-up, loads going
speak soon,
Carl
Hi,, certainly would like to attend this meet up however, youngest child has to go to communion stuff 10-12 so cannot leave MK until 12.

According to satnav,, takes about 2 hours to get to meet up but both OH and I are looking at leaving straight after,,, will you all still be around about 2'ish ?
We may book in to the Travelodge as suggested by Novaboy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.