Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada meet up in UK

Canada meet up in UK

Old Mar 26th 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada meet up in UK

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi folks,
not sure where to add this post?
I am trying to arrange a canada meet up over here in UK. We are trying to emigrate to Calgary, Alberta, and was wondering if there is anybody fancy meeting for chat? Please let me know, so we can arrange time and place.

I have just tried to enter it on the meet up calander, but I think I cocked it up

Thanks and regards,
Carl
Hi Carl,

If you PM one of the mods they will "hang" the thread at the top of the forum so that people can see it. I think they add it in the calender for you too. Although I am not sure about the last bit .Try Biiink.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:44 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Hi Guys

Carl and i have agreed the date will be 28th April and we are making the venue Nottingham. Provisionally we are making the major oak a 2pm meet, then depending on how many people are coming either a sit down meal at a local beefeater/pub or just drinks in the evening if all interested parties could please let us know who you are and how many people would be in your party. That way we can decide on meal or drink obviously if there are large amounts of people coming a sit down meal may not be practical. Could you also let us know wether you will be caravaning/camping or wether you are looking at B&B or going home straight after. Please could you PM Carl with your answers then we can liase between ourselves. I look forward to seeing you all

Regards

Steve
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

This would have been nice - but no-can-do on the date - then we're off for good at end of May anyway ...

IT IS ESSENTIAL TO POST PHOTOS after your meet-up - the worse, the better .. Have a good one !
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi folks,

as Steve has said, all go for the 28th April. Meet about 2ish in the car park at the Major Oak site. It's at Edwinstowe on the A6075. If coming from Nott, you will need the A614. If I can remember it's about half hour drive from Nottingham, so it might be better to arrange the B&B near to the village of Edwinstowe, or Mansfield, Lincoln, because these towns are closer to the venue.

The Gibbo family (us) will be caravaning at a site about 10 mins up the road from the Major Oak, campsite address;http://www.sherwoodforestholidaypark.co.uk/

There a quite a few pubs in the area, but will find out some more details of the one we used the last time we went to the Major Oak, because it was good grub, and pint and large enough for us to meet. I was wondering if it would be best to arrange our own meals there, then have a few drinks after? Any idea's welcome?

At the venue, large free car park, in door section (£2 entry), walks, picnic area's, the oak tree, cafe.
we were thinking of making a sign, and putting it up by our car, so we know how and where to meet? Or did you all fancy wearing a flower, or something to recognize each other

There are quite a few families that can't make the 28th.

I am thinking of arranging another meet for those people on the 14th of April, in the Midland/Birmingham area.We would like to go to the two meetings. Maybe for a afternoon/evening meet, because there are a few people flying and this might be the last chance to meet up with them?

Anybody interested please let me know, many thanks.

Thanks for now,
regards to all,
Carl
ps, we are taking our kids, emily9 and james7.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:53 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Carl,
Definately up for doing both, will be near Birmingham on 14th and 15th April, just tell me when and where. My parents are in Balsall Common, which is a bit south of Birmingham.
Charlie
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:59 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya
Not yet sure if we will be able to make this - will it be ok to come along at last minute if we can?. It's just that the Friday is MILs birthday and Sunday is Jim's birthday so we may well be at the A1 Grand Prix at Brands Hatch and might be a little difficult to get to Nottingham in between! We'll be following with interest though.
Cheers
F&J
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I'm easy peasy too - OH wont be there as he is in Canada - just lets make a date and a place.

Am I the only Northern would be Canuck ?

Gaynor
x
No, me and you are from the same neck of the woods. would love to meet up keep me posted

jo
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:12 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gibbos1
Hi folks,

as Steve has said, all go for the 28th April. Meet about 2ish in the car park at the Major Oak site. It's at Edwinstowe on the A6075. If coming from Nott, you will need the A614. If I can remember it's about half hour drive from Nottingham, so it might be better to arrange the B&B near to the village of Edwinstowe, or Mansfield, Lincoln, because these towns are closer to the venue.

The Gibbo family (us) will be caravaning at a site about 10 mins up the road from the Major Oak, campsite address;http://www.sherwoodforestholidaypark.co.uk/

There a quite a few pubs in the area, but will find out some more details of the one we used the last time we went to the Major Oak, because it was good grub, and pint and large enough for us to meet. I was wondering if it would be best to arrange our own meals there, then have a few drinks after? Any idea's welcome?

At the venue, large free car park, in door section (£2 entry), walks, picnic area's, the oak tree, cafe.
we were thinking of making a sign, and putting it up by our car, so we know how and where to meet? Or did you all fancy wearing a flower, or something to recognize each other

There are quite a few families that can't make the 28th.

I am thinking of arranging another meet for those people on the 14th of April, in the Midland/Birmingham area.We would like to go to the two meetings. Maybe for a afternoon/evening meet, because there are a few people flying and this might be the last chance to meet up with them?

Anybody interested please let me know, many thanks.

Thanks for now,
regards to all,
Carl
ps, we are taking our kids, emily9 and james7.

I will be wearing purple!!!
Charlie
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi Ann m,

sorry about the meet up, will be taking phono's and will post.

If you send me your email address closer to the time, could email them to you?

Thanks, all the best and good luck,
regards,
Carl
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Don't know if we can manage two meet ups as we will probably be staying for a couple of nights!

But for us the 28th April is looking good.

Would be interested in any B&B info in the area.

Cheers everyone.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 1:17 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by NovaBoy
Don't know if we can manage two meet ups as we will probably be staying for a couple of nights!

But for us the 28th April is looking good.

Would be interested in any B&B info in the area.

Cheers everyone.
Hi novaboy, we are struggling to find rooms at the moment there are 2 hotels in the village where we are meeting up The forest lodge hotel, which looks full at the moment and the black swan hotel which has 1 twin room left.

I am looking at hotels in Mansfield which is the next town along at the moment.

So far
gadget family is in the black swan
and provisionally purple80 and myself are in the Forest lodge although i am trying to tie down a double for myself and my wife because like you we will stay on the friday and saturday.

If i find any other hotels i will post there details

Please email me at [email protected] if you have any other queries

regards

Steve
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Hi all

Just tried to look up the Black Swan in Edwinstowe and came across this review.

user reviews of Black Swan, Edwinstowe

please note - reviews on this site are purely the opinion of site visitors, so don't take them too seriously.
The pub itself appears ok from the outside and was very busy inside,so the beer must be good.Do not stay there in the rooms.They do B&B.It cost £40 for a double room.I have not seen anything that bad before,it was horrible.Everything was old outdated and filthy.There was mould all over the ceiling in the shower and stains all over the carpet.Nasty.The other room that my brother and sister in law had was also filthy and the bed was unbelievable,old and what you could see of the bedbase was really stained and horrible.We lost our money and left to find somewhere else,would rather sleep in the car

This was on the "beerintheevening" web site

Thought I'd let the gadget family (Robin) have a read.

Think we'll try somewhere else.

Cheers.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:46 pm
spring is coming yeha

Originally Posted by NovaBoy
Hi all

Just tried to look up the Black Swan in Edwinstowe and came across this review.

user reviews of Black Swan, Edwinstowe

please note - reviews on this site are purely the opinion of site visitors, so don't take them too seriously.
The pub itself appears ok from the outside and was very busy inside,so the beer must be good.Do not stay there in the rooms.They do B&B.It cost £40 for a double room.I have not seen anything that bad before,it was horrible.Everything was old outdated and filthy.There was mould all over the ceiling in the shower and stains all over the carpet.Nasty.The other room that my brother and sister in law had was also filthy and the bed was unbelievable,old and what you could see of the bedbase was really stained and horrible.We lost our money and left to find somewhere else,would rather sleep in the car

This was on the "beerintheevening" web site

Thought I'd let the gadget family (Robin) have a read.

Think we'll try somewhere else.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info nova boy we have now booked into redbrick hotel in mansfield (inc gadget family).

I am waiting for info on this hotel.

steve
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that warning Novaboy, thank goodness we are all going to the Mansfield hotel now!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are booked into Mansfield Travelodge for the 27th & 28th April at a cost of £39 per night.

Don't know if this info helps anyone!

See you all there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.