Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada meet up in UK

Canada meet up in UK

Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:06 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice
Default Re: Canada meet up in UK

I would suggest that we, If gibbos is ok with it, pm them our rough location and try picking a spot in the middle of it, then someone pick a date and we go from there, if you want a hand gibbos i am more than willing to help

steve
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

I'd like to join in the meet up too if I can. would be good to talk to other people with similar interests. I'm a Midlander so all being well depending on when it will be I hope to be there.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:28 pm
Just Joined

Timbo6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Canada meet up in UK

Hello all,

We live down near Watford, hopefully moving to Calgary in Aug this year if the Air Force let's me escape. Would love to meet up and chat, let us know when.

Cheers

Tim & Jane
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:36 pm
spring is coming yeha

steved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nicesteved61 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Timbo6
Hello all,

We live down near Watford, hopefully moving to Calgary in Aug this year if the Air Force let's me escape. Would love to meet up and chat, let us know when.

Cheers

Tim & Jane
I am SE london, as a suggestion how about warwick? nice castle there if you have kids. As we would probably make a weekend of it

steve
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:36 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gibbos,
Looks like you got fair amount of interest, as has already been suggested, think it might be time to pick location and date!!
Charlie
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:39 pm
spring is coming yeha

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Hiya
We would be interested too! Although looks as though this could be a "north of Watford" do?
Not to worry - if we can make it, we will!
Cheers
F&J
where in orpington are you flossie i am in bexleyheath
steve
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Count us in too - if we're still here!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:48 pm
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of

We are interested too, would depend when, as 6yr old daughter has dance commitments.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi folks.
great to see the responce we have had, I think it's a great idea for all of us to meet up, and just av a gas

We would have a bit of a problem getting sitter for the kids, so we fancy the idea of getting the adults and kids together, so we can all put names to faces?

How about a weekend soon after Easter, Sat or Sunday, or the whole weekend? Just trying to think where, outside or inside venue? How far are people willing to travel?

I will have a look on a map, mark where everyone is from and come up with some idea's?

If anybody has any suggestions, please put them forward. If it's going to be outside, how about all having a big picnic, if it's going to be indoor, any idea's about a pup?
Couple of suggestions from me, Nottingham, Shrewsbury, good park (never been) Weston Park, between Telford & Stoke on Trent? I am trying to think of places in the middle?

Cheers to all,
Carl
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:15 pm
spring is coming yeha

Sounds good i agree with weekend,for us down south long way to come for 1 evening.

steve
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi folks,
list is getting bigger by the hour.

So far we have 3 families up north, 7 families midlands, 4 families south. People up north, furthst away is Newcastle, south is around Watford.

I fancied a whole day, or afternoon going into evening?

Warwick is a good place, plenty to do, outside and in?

Anybody into camping & Caravaning?

Steved61, please, more the help the better, if anybody whats to PM me, very welcome.

Cheers,
Carl, Tracey, Emily9, James7
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:49 pm

Hi,
Midlands is good for us, although we live in Shropshire, we have family near Warwick so that works for us, it's also pretty much in the middle of the country.

We won't be bringing our children, they have no idea what we're plotting, and the way they are behaving at the moment, they might not be coming Joke!
I work every other weekend, I can do 14th & 15th April, 28th & 29th April, 12th & 13th May and 26th & 27th May.

Can we do it by then, think I might burst with excitement otherwise

Think OH is having cold feet, so it would be good for him to talk, or he might be residing under the patio!

How about we pick somewhere, say for the weekend, people can arrive and leave as they want, not everyone would want to overnight????

Charlie & Chris
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:56 pm

Just out of interest, how many have been to Canada??

We haven't yet.....
Charlie
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:12 pm
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by purple80
Just out of interest, how many have been to Canada??

We haven't yet.....
Charlie
We have been as a family twice, 4 weeks at a time, 2004 and 2006

OH been loads to Med Hat with Army and R & R Calgary.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 7:22 pm
spring is coming yeha

28th/29th April fine for us- purple hate to says this but you sound a pyscho leave kids at home, hubby under patio lol - sounds like my missus:-)

My wife is canadian and i have been a number of times

Gibbos no problem with helping out would 28th/29th be ok for everyone

and would warwick be ok for everyone, if it is then i will look for B&B's in the area. Maybe day in castle would be nice depending on weather maybe picnic in grounds that way people with kids are able to entertain them. Maybe dinner in evening. If people want kids free weekend then let us all know

Regards

Steve CJ & Richard (3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.