British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Canada judged as having most positive influence in the world (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/canada-judged-having-most-positive-influence-world-432861/)

MikeUK Mar 8th 2007 8:34 pm

Re: Canada judged as having most positive influence in the world

Well reading through this it would appear..

Some Canadians are no better at dealing with criticism that their southern cousins

One step closer towards the US

Lack of a decent apology when proven wrong, another step closer to the US

:rofl:

Craftybanshee Mar 8th 2007 8:42 pm

Hang on! .................. Did someone mention mounties a couple of pages ago? :p

Butch Cassidy Mar 8th 2007 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee (Post 4499230)
Hang on! .................. Did someone mention mounties a couple of pages ago? :p

Put your panties back on ................................;)

oceanMDX Mar 8th 2007 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P (Post 4498933)
But that was totally childish and uncalled for.

... but tattletaling is okay in real life? I realize that there are cultural differences at play here since you were raised in the UK, but generally, Canadian children are taught that tattletaling is unacceptable and childish behavior. Ergo, I think you have things turned around Steve.

Steve_P Mar 8th 2007 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by oceanMDX (Post 4499830)
... but tattletaling is okay in real life? I realize that there are cultural differences at play here since you were raised in the UK, but generally, Canadian children are taught that tattletaling is unacceptable and childish behavior. Ergo, I think you have things turned around Steve.

I reported a post that I thought inappropriate and bordered on a personal attack which is against forum rules.

If you consider me to be a tattletale then that is your prerogative.

oceanMDX Mar 8th 2007 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by iaink (Post 4498947)
Me neither. I am secure enough in the knowledge that my employer values my contribution enough to tollerate me abusing the IT usage agreement. Besides, they had to scour the globe to find me in the first place...where are they going to find another.

So you're one is a zillion, eh? Hang onto that job iaink, it's a perfect fit for you since there aren't many bosses that accommodating.

oceanMDX Mar 8th 2007 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_P (Post 4499836)
I reported a post that I thought inappropriate and bordered on a personal attack which is against forum rules.

If you consider this to be a tattletale then that is your prerogative.

A personal attack? I don't think so! More of a strong ribbing.... and all these "humorous" Brits got their knickers in a very tight knot all of a sudden. Sorry if I struck a little too close to home for some:D

Novocastrian Mar 9th 2007 12:39 am

Originally Posted by oceanMDX (Post 4499861)
A personal attack? I don't think so! More of a strong ribbing.... and all these "humorous" Brits got their knickers in a very tight knot all of a sudden. Sorry if I struck a little too close to home for some:D

Don't worry mate. They're all just jealous of your MDX.

And perhaps wondering why a born and bred Canadian who has never mentioned a connection to the UK bothers to hang around a british expats forum in the first place. Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't you have any Canadian friends?

dbd33 Mar 9th 2007 12:43 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 4499972)
Don't worry mate. They're all just jealous of your MDX.

I never see an MDX without thinking of Ocean.

Novocastrian Mar 9th 2007 12:47 am

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 4499982)
I never see an MDX without thinking of Ocean.

That's damn good dbd: only 4 minutes to post a reply on your 29.6 kbs modem!

Looks like the beginning of the spring thaw tomorrow...you'll soon get a chance to see all that real estate under the snow.

Cheers.

dbd33 Mar 9th 2007 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 4499997)
That's damn good dbd: only 4 minutes to post a reply on your 29.6 kbs modem!

Looks like the beginning of the spring thaw tomorrow...you'll soon get a chance to see all that real estate under the snow.

Cheers.

It would be great response on dial up but I'm in the office with several T somethings and an ultra-bit twin cam wossname at my disposal. You're right though, having some acres will be great until the animals start arriving.

Novocastrian Mar 9th 2007 1:03 am

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 4500012)
It would be great response on dial up but I'm in the office with several T somethings and an ultra-bit twin cam wossname at my disposal. You're right though, having some acres will be great until the animals start arriving.

Has it occurred to you that it's almost nine o'clock and you're facing something like a four day drive back to the boonies?

Novocastrian Mar 9th 2007 1:06 am

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 4500012)

And, in the spirit of OMDX's viscious little tantrum against wor Iain, why are you in the office at this time of night and wasting time on here?

dbd33 Mar 9th 2007 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 4500049)
Has it occurred to you that it's almost nine o'clock and you're facing something like a four day drive back to the boonies?

Indeed it has. It seems to me that long distance commuters should either go into some line of work with regular hours or they should arrange some sort of proper internet connection at home so as to be able to go in less often.

dbd33 Mar 9th 2007 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 4500059)
And, in the spirit of OMDX's viscious little tantrum against wor Iain, why are you in the office at this time of night and wasting time on here?

Perhaps because it's my computer and it's my company.