Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada judged as having most positive influence in the world

Canada judged as having most positive influence in the world

Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:34 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada judged as having most positive influence in the world

Well reading through this it would appear..

Some Canadians are no better at dealing with criticism that their southern cousins

One step closer towards the US

Lack of a decent apology when proven wrong, another step closer to the US

Old Mar 8th 2007, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

Hang on! .................. Did someone mention mounties a couple of pages ago?
Old Mar 8th 2007, 10:20 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
Hang on! .................. Did someone mention mounties a couple of pages ago?
Put your panties back on ................................
Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:37 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Steve_P
But that was totally childish and uncalled for.
... but tattletaling is okay in real life? I realize that there are cultural differences at play here since you were raised in the UK, but generally, Canadian children are taught that tattletaling is unacceptable and childish behavior. Ergo, I think you have things turned around Steve.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:41 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
... but tattletaling is okay in real life? I realize that there are cultural differences at play here since you were raised in the UK, but generally, Canadian children are taught that tattletaling is unacceptable and childish behavior. Ergo, I think you have things turned around Steve.
I reported a post that I thought inappropriate and bordered on a personal attack which is against forum rules.

If you consider me to be a tattletale then that is your prerogative.

Last edited by Steve_P; Mar 8th 2007 at 11:47 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:42 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iaink
Me neither. I am secure enough in the knowledge that my employer values my contribution enough to tollerate me abusing the IT usage agreement. Besides, they had to scour the globe to find me in the first place...where are they going to find another.
So you're one is a zillion, eh? Hang onto that job iaink, it's a perfect fit for you since there aren't many bosses that accommodating.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 11:49 pm
mañana is my busiest day

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I reported a post that I thought inappropriate and bordered on a personal attack which is against forum rules.

If you consider this to be a tattletale then that is your prerogative.
A personal attack? I don't think so! More of a strong ribbing.... and all these "humorous" Brits got their knickers in a very tight knot all of a sudden. Sorry if I struck a little too close to home for some
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:39 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
A personal attack? I don't think so! More of a strong ribbing.... and all these "humorous" Brits got their knickers in a very tight knot all of a sudden. Sorry if I struck a little too close to home for some
Don't worry mate. They're all just jealous of your MDX.

And perhaps wondering why a born and bred Canadian who has never mentioned a connection to the UK bothers to hang around a british expats forum in the first place. Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't you have any Canadian friends?
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:43 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Don't worry mate. They're all just jealous of your MDX.
I never see an MDX without thinking of Ocean.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:47 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I never see an MDX without thinking of Ocean.

That's damn good dbd: only 4 minutes to post a reply on your 29.6 kbs modem!

Looks like the beginning of the spring thaw tomorrow...you'll soon get a chance to see all that real estate under the snow.

Cheers.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 12:52 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

That's damn good dbd: only 4 minutes to post a reply on your 29.6 kbs modem!

Looks like the beginning of the spring thaw tomorrow...you'll soon get a chance to see all that real estate under the snow.

Cheers.
It would be great response on dial up but I'm in the office with several T somethings and an ultra-bit twin cam wossname at my disposal. You're right though, having some acres will be great until the animals start arriving.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:03 am
Born again atheist

It would be great response on dial up but I'm in the office with several T somethings and an ultra-bit twin cam wossname at my disposal. You're right though, having some acres will be great until the animals start arriving.

Has it occurred to you that it's almost nine o'clock and you're facing something like a four day drive back to the boonies?
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:06 am
Born again atheist

And, in the spirit of OMDX's viscious little tantrum against wor Iain, why are you in the office at this time of night and wasting time on here?
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:08 am
Assimilated Pauper

Has it occurred to you that it's almost nine o'clock and you're facing something like a four day drive back to the boonies?

Indeed it has. It seems to me that long distance commuters should either go into some line of work with regular hours or they should arrange some sort of proper internet connection at home so as to be able to go in less often.
Old Mar 9th 2007, 1:19 am
Assimilated Pauper

And, in the spirit of OMDX's viscious little tantrum against wor Iain, why are you in the office at this time of night and wasting time on here?
Perhaps because it's my computer and it's my company.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.