Reload this Page >

Canada help with red seal!

Wikiposts

Canada help with red seal!

Old Aug 13th 2014, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

MrsKennedy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Canada help with red seal!

Hi all, this is my first post, so go easy on me.
Me and husband are looking into moving over to Canada (BC). We've been before and love it, and are spending Christmas over there this year.
My question is, he's an UK sparky with 15 years experience, where does he get his books from to revise, can we go over on holiday and sit the exam & who do we contact about exams and the interview you need before hand?
I've googled, searched forums & still non the wiser.

Hope someone can help.

Thank you.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 1:25 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada help with red seal!

Hi and welcome. Limit your searches by province, this will help narrow it down. Look for provincial certification rather than Red Seal which is country wide and is really only needed if you are planning on working in more than one Province.

Hopefully an electrician will be long to help you more.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 2:53 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Contact ITABC
Old Aug 14th 2014, 4:42 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE!

Electrician, Construction | Industry Training Authority

Look at the 'challenge' part towards the bottom of the page.

Old Aug 21st 2014, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Okay that's great thank you. Found that we need to challenge the exam, now to find the right books to revise from. There's so many!!
Thank you
Old Aug 31st 2014, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

ste1070 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsKennedy
Okay that's great thank you. Found that we need to challenge the exam, now to find the right books to revise from. There's so many!!
Thank you
You will also have to prove 9000 hours experience in the trade, post apprenticeship. This for me was as challenging as the exam! I passed 2 weeks ago, 2nd attempt. Failed 1st time by 1%!

Make sure you study well, it is challenging if you come from UK but is achievable. There are past questions available online although the decent stuff you do have to pay for but is worth it.

Good luck!
Old Aug 31st 2014, 6:52 am
Just Joined

I'll get into it. He's had about 34000 hours experience so think he's covered on that front! I'll see where I can get info for revision from. Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2014, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

I'll get into it. He's had about 34000 hours experience so think he's covered on that front! I'll see where I can get info for revision from. Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2014, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ste1070
Have updated my signature. We are back out here. Rushed back to UK as things weren't going to good last year. Within a month of landing realised wed made a mistake. Came back out this year in April to the day! Things different again, really settling, son doing well. Now I have Red Seal, looking at were we want to go as there are many opportunities all over Canada for electricians. Good luck again!
Old Aug 31st 2014, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Just another FYI, in BC there are 2 categories for Red Seal electrician. Construction & Industrial. Make sure you pick the right one depending on your husbands area of expertise & experience. I am led to believe the industrial one is harder and is based more on theory and experience where as the construction one is more code based (Canada's electrical reg - Canadian Electrical Code - CEC)

Hope this helps!
Old Aug 31st 2014, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Great! He's more electrical refridrigation so not sure really want that falls under, industrial I'm guessing. I'll get looking at books etc and go from there. Just overwhelming, so much imformation to find out! X
Old Sep 6th 2014, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ste1070

Have updated my signature. We are back out here. Rushed back to UK as things weren't going to good last year. Within a month of landing realised wed made a mistake. Came back out this year in April to the day! Things different again, really settling, son doing well. Now I have Red Seal, looking at were we want to go as there are many opportunities all over Canada for electricians. Good luck again!
Hello, what books did you revise from? This is the bit I'm struggling with