Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada expo in London Oct 9/10

Canada expo in London Oct 9/10

Old Sep 10th 2010, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default Canada expo in London Oct 9/10

http://www.expo-canada.com/purchase.aspx?expoid=22

Just wondered if anyone else has booked or is considering going on this? We got tickets for the Sunday and will be there from about 11.30am until it closes, if anyone else from this forum is going please let us know and we can meet up to discuss all the turmoil!

Wayne.
Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

daisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant futuredaisychain has a brilliant future
Default Re: Canada expo in London Oct 9/10

We are off to the Canada Live next weekend, probably on Sunday, but not the Expo
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Kimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud ofKimbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by daisychain
We are off to the Canada Live next weekend, probably on Sunday, but not the Expo
I went to that one in July and have to say I was very disappointed, as there was only about 3 stalls to do with Canada, the rest was Oz and NZ.

There was two immigration stalls, and one about BC.

That one might be different but though I would let you know.

I am going to the Canada Live one, as this I think will be much better

Kimbie
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:43 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
will be there from about 11.30am until it closes
Trust me - you won't need that long! Expect 2 stands for Canada, both of which will probably be immigration consultants.

Might be worth doing a search of the forum to read up on others experiences at the Expos.

Old Sep 14th 2010, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

princess caribou is on a distinguished road

We were at the one last October and there were a couple of useful presentations on foreign removals and money exchange and the obligatory immigration consultants and real estate agents but really it's just a sales pitch for these companies wanting you to use their services.
To be honest we've found out more on this forum than at the Expos.
Old Sep 15th 2010, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Princess - very true. We have been to 2 in last 2 years. The first was ok at Kens Olympia as included govt presentation. But 2nd at Earls Ct was rubbish - 2 immigration consultants, 3 removals firms, medical recruitment for Manitoba and money exchange. Very littel to learn, we are going to this Canada Live as its cheap (£10 for both of us) and treating it as a day out this sunday. We may just learn one thing and it keeps the ball rolling in our minds whilst we wait for med requests.

Think Canadian Affair has got a stand this weekend too. We go to Vancouver for a recce in 6 weeks!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Red1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond reputeRed1974 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi also went to the expo last year & was disappointed. Not enough on Canada and mainly BC or East. Also their aim was more at professional within the medical sector. More variety needed. I found out more on the internet with forums and blogs.

Hope you find more interesting
Old Sep 20th 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

Was pretty flat - 2 removals firms, 3 immigration consultants, 2 money exchange and invest BC stall. Main points were being able to ask questions of consulate officer giving presentation about timescale and talking to the Invest BC guys about areas in BC and potential for PNP jobs. I think these expos are really a bit of a waste of time and the only people that get anything from them are immigration consultants picking up business by charging expensive fees from peeps too wealthy / busy / complex application to do it for themselves - oh and the event organisers of course.

Hurrah for this forum the only decent up to date channel of info!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Ali R is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 99problems
Was pretty flat - 2 removals firms, 3 immigration consultants, 2 money exchange and invest BC stall. Main points were being able to ask questions of consulate officer giving presentation about timescale and talking to the Invest BC guys about areas in BC and potential for PNP jobs. I think these expos are really a bit of a waste of time and the only people that get anything from them are immigration consultants picking up business by charging expensive fees from peeps too wealthy / busy / complex application to do it for themselves - oh and the event organisers of course.

Hurrah for this forum the only decent up to date channel of info!
Hi Everyone

This is my very first post here.

My husband and I are booked for the Oct weekend for Expo.

We are at the first stages of deciding whether to move to Canada or not. We have a trip to Calgary, Alberta booked for April next year to see a friend. We are putting the feelers out at the moment and getting as much info as possible.
This forum has already answered a lot of questions! So we will keep looking and listening and try to make the decision with our heads instead of our hearts!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Waggle
http://www.expo-canada.com/purchase.aspx?expoid=22

Just wondered if anyone else has booked or is considering going on this? We got tickets for the Sunday and will be there from about 11.30am until it closes, if anyone else from this forum is going please let us know and we can meet up to discuss all the turmoil!

Wayne.
We went to 2 seminars initially Emigrate which we found useful as at that time we knew nothing at all about emigrating and EXPO which we didnt find useful. I agree with the others much better info is found on the forum.