Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada Day in London

Canada Day in London

Old May 20th 2011, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

MRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really niceMRC23 is just really nice
Default Canada Day in London

For those who'd like to get a feel of being in Canada before actually going there!
I'd love to go - but I have the strongest feeling that I'm already going to get the taste of the actual Canada by then

Canada Day in London - July 1, 2011 at Trafalgar Square
Old May 20th 2011, 3:58 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada Day in London

if you want to feel what is like to be in Canada esp on Canada day just take the day off work and spend the day in bed..thats what i do here
Old May 20th 2011, 4:04 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MRC23
For those who'd like to get a feel of being in Canada before actually going there![/URL]
Take away the large open air gathering and the booze and if you close your eyes and concentrate really really hard, it may actually feel like you're in Canada
Old May 20th 2011, 6:48 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I actually love Canada Day. We normally go down to Heritage Park, and I sing au-plein-air with my a capella group ... loads of Canadiana and folks having a fun time!
Old May 21st 2011, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

DanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond reputeDanielM has a reputation beyond repute

I went last year for a few hours and it was heaving with people. They has places selling cans of canadian beer and a big stage with lots of bands.

I was meeting my wife from work so for the full Canadian experience I got some Tim Hortons coffee and boston creams from the Spar nearby that sells them.

She got a real kick from that and hearing lots of Canadian accents.
Old May 26th 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Silken will become famous soon enough

Lol, wow that is awesome! I never knew about that. Makes me wish I could celebrate a Canada Day in London. I just had to post this to my Facebook.
Old May 26th 2011, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of lightCanuck2b is a glorious beacon of light

We went in 2009.......It was fun!! There was a hockey tournament going on and Canadian Affair were there too. We were blessed with the scorching weather which helped!!!!