Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Is Canada becoming part of the North American Union?

Is Canada becoming part of the North American Union?

Old Dec 28th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

redneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to allredneckboy is a name known to all
Default Re: Is Canada becoming part of the North American Union?

The idea behind common defence is getting a bit paranoid here.

I was in the CDN army in the '80s. Back then I was a medic. We did regular training to back up the SAR techs if a major airliner went down in the artic and there we actually loads of survivors. The problem was, if our battle group (airborne) went out enmasse we didn't have enough aircraft (Herc's) to do the job. We would have to rely on the 'mer-ikins for airpower (as usual). Just as well as they are pretty good at it, at least there kit wasn't 30yrs old and started the first time.

A few yrs ago when the swiss air flight crashed off NS, if was the americans who provided the bulk of the underwater salvage/investigation.

Treaties like this make these things happen in a time of crisis without pfaffing around with politicians. NORAD can implement the best available resources to meet the crisis.

Sounds good to me.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 12:08 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

What defines an emergency under this agreement? The US needing more oil so invading Alberta?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

Edward de Par is on a distinguished road

Yes, Canada is fast becoming a part of the North American Union..
EU has health service but US not fond of this idea..I wonder how it will affect Canada

In legislature in Manitoba, the speaker of the house spoke with podium front decorated with Provincial flag on a blue ground & stars circled around the emblem..pple at my job dont really get what this means.

Manitoba's oil pipeline Keystone project is just coming thru Carman Manitoba right now at about 2 miles a day.
There are several roadways under construction and border to Wpg is already completed. This is to facilitate the movement of Chinese goods (in return for Canadian oil) north from the port of Lazero Cardenas in S.Mex ..\
One Hwy is called the NASCO corridor a 10-lane super highway which branches as it comes north thru Tex .. Texan's are not too happy about inland customs, ..rewilding of their provinces and shutting down the small towns along the route w/steel barricades ...destination in Manitoba is Port of Churchill. Access to Hwy is controlled with chipped RFID cards,,these chipped licences are gg 2b avail in Mb in 2009.
Wpg is located on the NASCO corridor website heralding the newly styled "DW"..destination Winnipeg logo and Manitoba Spirited Energy ($3m cost)new logo.

The western corridor is called CANAMEX and goes north to Alberta splits to Vancouver and port of Prince Rupert and then up to Alaska.Borders to Mexico will be open. Look it up on the web.

The US expects lots of trouble when things start to roll b/c the majority of the pple are unaware of the consequences of their loss of sovreignty. They have built huge complexes to hold pple should the trouble get out of hand.
Mexicans are being hired on as police and military since US is fast losing their soldiers to the middle east.
Americans are starting to notice they r being arrested by Mexicans, the riot training is showing and new private security forces r searching buses and businesses but ord Americans think it's all to do with 911..
all of North America will be one place and they say on the news that the coastline will be easier to control as a whole. The arctic dployment of US troops in Cdn territory is entirely about the current cold war not the NAU.
There's a lot of implications in the merging of CANAMEX..its not going to be pretty!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I have researched this on the web and read thats it's all some fake conspiracy? But also read that it isn't. I really don't know what to believe tbh.

When are we likely to see proof of this happening? And will it mean that there are no Borders so free movement for Canadians etc within north America? No visas or waivers etc??
Old Dec 29th 2008, 11:39 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
When are we likely to see proof of this happening?
Never. It's not happening.

And will it mean that there are no Borders so free movement for Canadians etc within north America? No visas or waivers etc??
That's already as true as it's ever likely to be. Canadians don't need a visa or waiver to visit the US or Mexico.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 3:06 pm
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
That's already as true as it's ever likely to be. Canadians don't need a visa or waiver to visit the US or Mexico.
But they do need a passport as of June 1st 2009, or of course they can sign up for nexus.

US Customs already do a lot of work in Canada already.

The contradiction on the issue would be if you having a Union with Mexico why build a fence between yourselves?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Never. It's not happening.

Do you have any websites that you could provide backing this up?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Grah
But they do need a passport as of June 1st 2009, or of course they can sign up for nexus.

US Customs already do a lot of work in Canada already.

The contradiction on the issue would be if you having a Union with Mexico why build a fence between yourselves?
Hi, I have looked into the Nexus program and would just like to know how it would work for declaring goods brought in the USA? It states that there are automated kiosks, therefore I am assuming that you would not speak with an actual person? Would this mean that you could then not declare any goods in the hope you would not be stopped to pay duties?

Thanks!!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:53 pm
hwp
BE Enthusiast

hwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to beholdhwp is a splendid one to behold

It's just common knowledge (at least for Canadians). As a Canadian, I have travelled into the States and Mexico without my passport... it was not a requirement, until very recently. Actually I think I can still fly directly to Mexico with just my CND birth certificate and driver's licence... not sure if that's changed. Visas, waivers? No.

Last edited by hwp; Dec 29th 2008 at 8:55 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Citizens of Canada traveling to the U.S. do not require a nonimmigrant visa, except for the travel purposes as described below.

Canadians require nonimmigrant visas for temporary travel to the U.S. for these purposes:

* Foreign government officials (A), officials and employees of international organizations (G) and NATO officials, representatives and employees assigned to the U.S. as needed to facilitate their travel
* Treaty traders (E-1)
* Treaty investors (E-2)
* Fiance/es (K-1)
* Children of fiancées (K-2)
* U.S. citizen's foreign citizen spouse, who is traveling to the U.S. to complete the process of immigration (K-3).
* Children of a foreign citizen spouse (K-4) described above
* Spouses of lawful permanent residents (V-1) traveling to the U.S. to reside here while they wait for the final completion of their immigration process
* Children of spouses of lawful permanent residents (V-2) described above

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/tem...hout_1260.html

Entry of Citizens of Canada
Citizens of Canada are exempt from the visa and passport requirement of Immigration and Nationality Act (section 212(a)(7).) To enter the United States, a Canadian citizen must be able to establish both identity and citizenship. Documents that may establish citizenship are:

* Birth certificate
* Citizenship certificate
* Passport.

Although a CBP officer may accept an oral declaration of citizenship, it is recommended that a Canadian citizen carry a document that establishes citizenship. Under current procedures, all travelers may be required to present photo-identification.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id...ada_mexico.xml

Canada, Mexico and Bermuda are not participants in the Visa Waiver Program. The Immigration and Nationality Act includes other provisions for visa-free travel for nationals of Canada and Bermuda under certain circumstances.

Since they are not part of the Visa Waiver Program, VWP requirements for machine-readable or biometric passports do not apply to nationals of Canada, Mexico or Bermuda.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/tem...html#countries
Old Dec 29th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Citizens of Canada traveling to the U.S. do not require a nonimmigrant visa, except for the travel purposes as described below.

Canadians require nonimmigrant visas for temporary travel to the U.S. for these purposes:

* Foreign government officials (A), officials and employees of international organizations (G) and NATO officials, representatives and employees assigned to the U.S. as needed to facilitate their travel
* Treaty traders (E-1)
* Treaty investors (E-2)
* Fiance/es (K-1)
* Children of fiancées (K-2)
* U.S. citizen's foreign citizen spouse, who is traveling to the U.S. to complete the process of immigration (K-3).
* Children of a foreign citizen spouse (K-4) described above
* Spouses of lawful permanent residents (V-1) traveling to the U.S. to reside here while they wait for the final completion of their immigration process
* Children of spouses of lawful permanent residents (V-2) described above

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/tem...hout_1260.html

Entry of Citizens of Canada
Citizens of Canada are exempt from the visa and passport requirement of Immigration and Nationality Act (section 212(a)(7).) To enter the United States, a Canadian citizen must be able to establish both identity and citizenship. Documents that may establish citizenship are:

* Birth certificate
* Citizenship certificate
* Passport.

Although a CBP officer may accept an oral declaration of citizenship, it is recommended that a Canadian citizen carry a document that establishes citizenship. Under current procedures, all travelers may be required to present photo-identification.

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id...ada_mexico.xml

Canada, Mexico and Bermuda are not participants in the Visa Waiver Program. The Immigration and Nationality Act includes other provisions for visa-free travel for nationals of Canada and Bermuda under certain circumstances.

Since they are not part of the Visa Waiver Program, VWP requirements for machine-readable or biometric passports do not apply to nationals of Canada, Mexico or Bermuda.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/tem...html#countries
Thanks for that! I actually meant more info regarding the NAU.

Thanks though
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:33 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course I can't demonstrate that there's no North American Union. I can't demonstrate that there aren't unicorns either. Do you have any evidence for the existence of such a union?
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:35 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I have looked into the Nexus program and would just like to know how it would work for declaring goods brought in the USA? It states that there are automated kiosks, therefore I am assuming that you would not speak with an actual person? Would this mean that you could then not declare any goods in the hope you would not be stopped to pay duties?

Thanks!!
I wondered about this too - presumably there's a trust element here, if you have goods to bring in, you have to stop and declare them, if you got caught not doing so, presumably your nexus pass would be revoked.

I have a friend who has a nexus pass as he travels to the US daily for work - he says despite this, he says he still gets stopped almost daily going into the US because he fits their "profile" (wrong colour). So it's not a totally automated process, there's still a chance you can be stopped...
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Of course I can't demonstrate that there's no North American Union. I can't demonstrate that there aren't unicorns either. Do you have any evidence for the existence of such a union?
I am not asking for evidence that there isn't but perhaps websites that are adament that there is not going to be an NAU with proof?

I have however viewed many webistes and seen television news reports of the NAU happening at some point. Whether this will happen of not is yet to be seen. Like I said before, I don't know what to believe! Time will tell........
Old Dec 29th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by G77
I wondered about this too - presumably there's a trust element here, if you have goods to bring in, you have to stop and declare them, if you got caught not doing so, presumably your nexus pass would be revoked.

I have a friend who has a nexus pass as he travels to the US daily for work - he says despite this, he says he still gets stopped almost daily going into the US because he fits their "profile" (wrong colour). So it's not a totally automated process, there's still a chance you can be stopped...
Damn, guess I will just have to be honest when I venture out on my shopping trips!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.