Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can your container contain ANY food stuff?

Can your container contain ANY food stuff?

Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

sgbolt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can your container contain ANY food stuff?

A few things have already been posted but just packing up food and wondered about packets of dried noodles, tea bags, cans, jars, bottles of spices. Have so much food really don't want to get rid of it just to replace if possible. Thanks a lot. PS Looking for a 2 bed apartment from may ish to rent in and around north york, thornhill, east york if anyone hears of anything i'd be grateful.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can your container contain ANY food stuff?

Hi
Although they don't like you taking anything fresh, meaty or leakable, you should be okay with dry foodstuffs and spices. We were told by removers, that they would make sure the boxes with that kind of stuff is loaded last in case customs do want to take a look.
As long as it is itemised, customs can decide if they want to take a peek
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by sgbolt
A few things have already been posted but just packing up food and wondered about packets of dried noodles, tea bags, cans, jars, bottles of spices. Have so much food really don't want to get rid of it just to replace if possible. Thanks a lot. PS Looking for a 2 bed apartment from may ish to rent in and around north york, thornhill, east york if anyone hears of anything i'd be grateful.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

I actually called customs recently as we are shipping our things tomorrow and hated the thoughts of having to spend hundreds of dollars or better to completely restock our home in Ont.
This is what they told me...no meat, no wet cheeses ie mozzerella, dry goods are ok but must be in orginal container...even if it has been opened.
I am taking everything I can make room for, no fruit or veg but that is common sense.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

Lemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant futureLemons has a brilliant future

Now who would put wet cheese in a shipping container...!

I brought a lot of spices with me (not in original containers, I must admit) but then found I could buy the same stuff at the local Indian grocer's at a cheaper price.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 5:02 am
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

I would suggest using cheese&onion crisps as packing material, hubby really misses them.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Yes
Cheese and Onion crisps are going in my container......Walkers of course!
Boxes of them
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by gingnut
I would suggest using cheese&onion crisps as packing material, hubby really misses them.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Originally Posted by gingnut
Do they not have them at all in Canada?
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Cdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of lightCdnshaz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Psyched
Ummm no we have proper flavoured chips lol...dill pickle, ketchup, salt and vinegar.....barbecue.....

lol not those nasty flavours they have here in UK....ewwwwwwww
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Psyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to allPsyched is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Cdnshaz
Ummm no we have proper flavoured chips lol...dill pickle, ketchup, salt and vinegar.....barbecue.....

lol not those nasty flavours they have here in UK....ewwwwwwww
Glad i found this out now, i nearly made a dreadful mistake! Now how do i go about cancelling my PR application

Seriously though i think i'm gonna have to take a couple boxes to ease our transition, other half fond of them too.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

I did the same thing when I moved to UK from ONt, and always brought things here...now shipping it all back!

There are a few brit stores around, you have to know where they are.....if you are a marmite lover ewwww yet again, that is available almost any where.....
Old Mar 8th 2010, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi
No they have a weird all seasonings and salted...in the main.... NO C & O...
A real gap in the market.....lol
Stef

Originally Posted by Psyched
Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:51 am
Just Joined

abiff888 is an unknown quantity at this point

you'd be really surprised to hear this, but when we moved across, my son actually packed his prized bonsai trees into his crates, without telling me, and he only told me he had done so when we landed in canada!

of course, i was tearing my hair out at what to do -- could we go to jail or something.....!!!!

so someone suggested that i come clean and go to the cargo place and tell them exactly what happened!
we went to them and i sheepishly told them about the trees in the crates--i was expecting a posse of police cars driving up outside to cart us away t the deepest dungeons ontario could find, but no, all they said was just to list what kind of plants they were, sign the form and hey presto we could go on our way!

as it happened, we landed in the middle of winter, and the trees perished in the biting cold after a few weeks anyway......!!!!

but i dont recommend you doing it, as it think it is a serious offence importing plant material into any country.......

Old Mar 8th 2010, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

sgbolt is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for all your replies, and especially the long winded debate on cheese and onion crisps. Personally I will miss kettle crisps - salt and vinegar.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for all your replies, and especially the long winded debate on cheese and onion crisps. Personally I will miss kettle crisps - salt and vinegar.
What!!! No kettle crisps - i love my 'Sea Salt & Cracked Black Pepper'
Old Mar 8th 2010, 10:31 pm
Always lurking.

gingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of lightgingnut is a glorious beacon of light

I think I have seen Kettle crisps in the shops. If your not bothered about cheese and onion crisps you may want to think about using whatsits for packing material.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.