Wikiposts

can you help?

Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:03 am
Glaswegian

Default Re: can you help?

Originally Posted by hawkeye
What about one of those roof boxes?? or you could get a truck and threaten to make them sit in the back in winter
Always wondered how nickable those roof boxes were ... leisure centre car parks are prime places to get your car broken into ... out kids are 6 & 7 and we have several hundred bucks of hockey gear already!

We used to threaten them with sitting in the back seat ... now I just threaten to dump then on the sidewalk with their busfare home.

Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Always wondered how nickable those roof boxes were ... leisure centre car parks are prime places to get your car broken into ... out kids are 6 & 7 and we have several hundred bucks of hockey gear already!

We used to threaten them with sitting in the back seat ... now I just threaten to dump then on the sidewalk with their busfare home.
Is that how they define "progressive parenting" these days?
Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

Our eldest said Ohh dad can I play hockey, so it looks like I got the joys buying skates,hockey gear and lessons and god knows what else.
So it looks like we going to have the joys of storing stuff as well.

LOL when we were in Calgary and had the mini van we threatened the oldest that we would put hear in the car if she didn't start behaving, She said go on then there's lots of room in there plus I can play my Cd's. Kids eh!!
Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:20 am
Glaswegian

Our eldest said Ohh dad can I play hockey, so it looks like I got the joys buying skates,hockey gear and lessons and god knows what else.
$100 for skates ... don't buy cheap, light armor, he'll just get injured ... then $500/year for fees to get him in a team ... then tournaments, fund raising, etc, etc ... it's a great confidence builder for the kids, it's fun for the parents if you don't crack.

So it looks like we going to have the joys of storing stuff as well.
Hockey gear stinks like nothing else ... we use a spare bedroom to store it.

Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

![/QUOTE]

Kids are really a joy aren't you.....How old are your kids?

I have a little guy - 4 and a little girl - 2. The other day my little girl hit her brother over the head with the heel of one of my running shoes.....when I heard the scream....I went running into my office with my boy crying and my daughter still with the evidence in her hand....saying with her big blue eyes.....I didn't do anything.

The logic for hitting him........he was on the computer playing a game and she wanted him to play with her...and he just didn't move fast enough for her......
kids........

Last edited by willmore; Oct 18th 2004 at 10:35 am.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to allhawkeye is a name known to all

$100 for skates ... don't buy cheap, light armor, he'll just get injured ... then $500/year for fees to get him in a team ... then tournaments, fund raising, etc, etc ... it's a great confidence builder for the kids, it's fun for the parents if you don't crack.

Hockey gear stinks like nothing else ... we use a spare bedroom to store it.
Ouch this is going to hurt isn't it The only thing that might get me out of this is the eldest is a girl
Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willmore
!
Kids are really a joy aren't you.....How old are your kids?

I have a little guy - 4 and a little girl - 2. The other day my little girl hit her brother over the head with the heel of one of my running shoes.....when I heard the scream....I went running into my office with my boy crying and my daughter still with the evidence in her hand....saying with her big blue eyes.....I didn't do anything.

The logic for hitting him........he was on the computer playing a game and she wanted him to play with her...and he just move fast enough for her......
kids........ [/QUOTE]

6 years and 16 months and the youngest is a right monster but too darn cute and she knows it as well.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:31 am
Glaswegian

Ouch this is going to hurt isn't it The only thing that might get me out of this is the eldest is a girl
Heh heh heh ... this is Canada ... girls play hockey too ...

Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Heh heh heh ... this is Canada ... girls play hockey too ...

Dam that was going to be my ace Looks like I had better start saving.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

6 years and 16 months and the youngest is a right monster but too darn cute and she knows it as well.[/QUOTE]

hehehe....I know I have the same problem.....if people would just stop telling them how adorable they are...it would be a great help.....
Old Oct 18th 2004, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by willmore
hehehe....I know I have the same problem.....if people would just stop telling them how adorable they are...it would be a great help.....

We always get ahhh she's so cute can I take her home, we always yes but there's no a return policy