Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can you delay the landing date ?

Can you delay the landing date ?

Old Jan 15th 2003, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

iancurtis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can you delay the landing date ?

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to get your landing date extended ? Out latest landing date is April but it may be that we need to be in the UK during May/June time.

Alternatively, is it possible to land in April and then come straight home again for a few months before making the final move in the summer ? I know that Australian immigration works this way, it's called validating your visa there, but I'm not sure if Canada is the same.

Thanks.
Old Jan 18th 2003, 1:32 am
Just Joined

mois is an unknown quantity at this point

hi friend,
Did you get your passport back ? today i got the instruction to send my passport but wondering how long does it take to get back passport from chc, london.
with thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2003, 12:23 pm
gar
Forum Regular

gar is an unknown quantity at this point

You cant get the landing date extended - so land before that date expires or you will have to reapply.
You dont even have to stay for 1 day as long as you go through the landing process.