Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can employment agencies help..

Can employment agencies help..

Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough
Post Can employment agencies help..

Can employment agencies help you in the acquisition of ever a Federal or Province sponsored visa.

I can see lots of vacancies for CAD draughstman and I quite fancy moving to BC, but is it worth applying for them. And CAD is on the list of required professions I believe. Can they or the companies they represent help speed up the time it takes to get approval to emigrate (Presently based in the UK).

This is all new to me as I have only ever worked on a contract status overseas before.

If anyone can help. Pls

tia
ubdai
Old Sep 13th 2008, 2:46 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can employment agencies help..

Originally Posted by ubdai
Can employment agencies help you in the acquisition of ever a Federal or Province sponsored visa.
Generally, no.

Can they or the companies they represent help speed up the time it takes to get approval to emigrate (Presently based in the UK).
No.

You could hire an immigration lawyer or immigration consultant to help you with your immigration application. But this would be an expensive proposition, and you could do it yourself if your case was straightforward (if you didn't have a criminal record, if you weren't involved in a child custody dispute, etc.).

A straw poll on this forum at the beginning of the year indicated that 75% of respondents had handled their own applications, and 25% had hired professional help.

Also be aware that an immigration consultant could not speed up your application. He/she could only ensure that all the i's were dotted and all the t's were crossed.

The best thing you can do for yourself, if you're serious about coming to Canada, is to read these Wiki articles:
x
Old Sep 13th 2008, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

ubdai will become famous soon enoughubdai will become famous soon enough

Thanks for that. It will give me something to get my teeth into.

ubdai
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:37 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Agencies are able to apply for LMO's so that you can then get a TWP, quicker route to living and working in Canada. Once here you can then apply for PR.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brownstar
Agencies are able to apply for LMO's so that you can then get a TWP, quicker route to living and working in Canada. Once here you can then apply for PR.
What agencies would that be?
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Originally Posted by YYZlover
Well, it depends on what line you're in. For technical positions, particularly in oil & gas, you could try a company called Air Energi. They are a recruiter and have an office in Calgary, and I understand, they do hire non Canadian residents on work permits and second them to oil and gas companies.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 7:20 pm
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
I am an agent, send me a PM with your email address and I will be in touch.

I've had 3 LMO's approvals come through this week

or look at http://www.trsstaffing.com