Can anyone meet us for lunch?

Wikiposts

Can anyone meet us for lunch?

Old Jun 8th 2014, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

beligerentghoul is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Can anyone meet us for lunch?

Hello,

I have lurked on this site for long enough, so I have registered and I am asking for something on my first post.

My family and I will be emigrating to Calgary this year, but before all of that we have a recce trip planned next week (15th - 22nd of June).

Would anybody be interested in meeting us for lunch (or whenever is convenient for you), to give us a first hand account on how it was for you and maybe fill in some of the blanks that we have.

We are late 30s with a 16 year old son, I mention this as our questions will definitely involve schools.

Please get in touch if you might be interested in meeting and I thank you for reading this.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

J-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anyone meet us for lunch?

Would have thought someone in Calgary would be sociable enough to meet up for lunch.

I would but a little far away !!

Good luck
Old Jun 9th 2014, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Thank you J-A-UK for your response, i was beginning to wonder if i had actually posted.

People are busy, I get that and it isn't easy to give time to people you don't know.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 8:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beligerentghoul
Thank you J-A-UK for your response, i was beginning to wonder if i had actually posted.

People are busy, I get that and it isn't easy to give time to people you don't know.
I think it's unlikely you'll find anybody willing to meet you for lunch when you've only just joined the forum tbh, people might be a bit wary of meeting a stranger.

I'd imagine the best thing to do is just ask people for their experiences via the forum, and then once you've built up some personal relationships with other members you'll find that meeting up for a coffee will become the next natural step anyway.

You can also search the forums (if it's working, but if not use Google and search this site only) to find other members experiences, the Canniversary section is a good place to start.

HTH, best of luck.
Old Jun 9th 2014, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Thanks christmasoompa, I hadn't thought of it that way, but it makes sense.
Old Jun 14th 2014, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Cchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond repute

I can probably meet you for lunch! I sent you a PM.

Last edited by Cchris; Jun 14th 2014 at 3:05 am.
Old Jun 14th 2014, 3:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks Cchris, just sent you a PM
Old Jun 14th 2014, 8:11 am
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I think it's unlikely you'll find anybody willing to meet you for lunch when you've only just joined the forum tbh, people might be a bit wary of meeting a stranger.
Especially if they bill themselves as a "belligerent ghoul" !
Old Jun 21st 2014, 3:33 am
Just Joined

Thank you for meeting with us Cchris. It was fantastic to talk to someone face to face.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 5:25 am
Just Joined

Helen Louise is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=beligerentghoul;11294352]Hello,

I have lurked on this site for long enough, so I have registered and I am asking for something on my first post.

My family and I will be emigrating to Calgary this year, but before all of that we have a recce trip planned next week (15th - 22nd of June).

Would anybody be interested in meeting us for lunch (or whenever is convenient for you), to give us a first hand account on how it was for you and maybe fill in some of the blanks that we have.

We are late 30s with a 16 year old son, I mention this as our questions will definitely involve schools.

Please get in touch if you might be interested in meeting and I thank you for reading this.[/ Hi guys sorry have only looked at the forum today. I would have absolutely met you if i had seen it before. I have been here for 5 and half years and also have a 16 year old son. It is quite simply the best thing my husband and I ever did, we love it. We live in Cochrane and please feel free to fire any questions at us. Helen xx QUOTE]
Old Jun 21st 2014, 6:59 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen Louise
Hello,

Please get in touch if you might be interested in meeting and I thank you for reading this.[/ Hi guys sorry have only looked at the forum today. I would have absolutely met you if i had seen it before. I have been here for 5 and half years and also have a 16 year old son. It is quite simply the best thing my husband and I ever did, we love it. We live in Cochrane and please feel free to fire any questions at us. Helen xx
Why would you do that to him? He'll be miserable in no time.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Helen Louise;11310898]
Hello,

Please get in touch if you might be interested in meeting and I thank you for reading this.[/ Hi guys sorry have only looked at the forum today. I would have absolutely met you if i had seen it before. I have been here for 5 and half years and also have a 16 year old son. It is quite simply the best thing my husband and I ever did, we love it. We live in Cochrane and please feel free to fire any questions at us. Helen xx QUOTE]
Are you an overstay been here 5 and a half years and now deciding to emigrate?
Old Jun 21st 2014, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Why would you do that to him? He'll be miserable in no time.

Old Jun 23rd 2014, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Cchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond reputeCchris has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for meeting with us Cchris. It was fantastic to talk to someone face to face.
It was nice meeting you guys. Text me if you come up with more questions!
Old Aug 8th 2014, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Donnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the roughDonnykins is a jewel in the rough

I live in Cochrane, and rarely go to Calgary. I would love to meet you all, if you come to my neck of the woods.