British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Can anyone let me know if you have used the removal compaines and if you had problems (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/can-anyone-let-me-know-if-you-have-used-removal-compaines-if-you-had-problems-648108/)

liquidtx Jan 8th 2010 6:19 pm

Can anyone let me know if you have used the removal compaines and if you had problems

Hi

Has anyone used or heared these removal companies and did you have any problems (breakages or extra fees to pay that weren't included in the quote) - PKD International or Removal Group.com or White and Company or Doree Bonner.

I would be grateful if anyone could help?:confused:

Thanks

christmasoompa Jan 8th 2010 6:22 pm

Re: Can anyone let me know if you have used the removal compaines and if you had prob

Originally Posted by liquidtx (Post 8229688)
Hi

Has anyone used or heared these removal companies and did you have any problems (breakages or extra fees to pay that weren't included in the quote) - PKD International or Removal Group.com or White and Company or Doree Bonner.

Thanks

I'll move this to the correct section of the forum and hopefully you'll get more response.

But if you do a search you'll probably find lots of info on those companies (I know at least two of them have have threads about them) which should help.

:)

Butch Cassidy Jan 8th 2010 6:46 pm

Re: Can anyone let me know if you have used the removal compaines and if you had prob

Hi

Thanks

Although I didnt use them I would be shocked if ANY had a 100% success rate, SO take whatever you hear on the forum with a pinch of salt.

umpalumpa Jan 8th 2010 11:10 pm

Hi

Thanks

Hi
We moved to Ontario in Sept 09, we used White & Co, it was the smoothest operation ever - top tips, make sure you see them seal your container in England, with the codes off the container capsules (used to seal the container and are serial numbered), white & co make notes of the serial numbers on your paperwork, make sure no one removes them until you are present.
The company used here in Canada were an affiliated company and were so helpful and bent over backwards to help us. We could also keep all the packaging as we are in rented and I felt I would end up moving in a year or 2 anyway which is cool.
Regarding breakages, we had very little, from what I can gather, this is completely down to the packing team you have in the UK. Our guys were just brilliant, we kept them well watered with teas, coffees and bacon rolls, they really looked after us! :) We have had a little damage, one bookcase was dented, a couple of plastic boxes were cracked and for some reason, my kitchen scales have stopped working. All of it was from movement whilst shipping and to be honest, I feel very lucky, everything was brilliant.
If you have any other queries, feel free to email/contact me.
good luck
Colette ;)

agr Jan 9th 2010 12:59 am

Hi

Thanks

We used White & Co. No damage that I can recall. Quote was all-inclusive.
If I did it again, I would consider travelling to their depot where they transfer everything to the container so I could check it as it's sealed; when we opened our sole-use container here we found 10 boxes of someone else's stuff hitching a free ride. Good thing Customs chose not to inspect. Remember, it's your signature on the customs docs, not theirs.

liquidtx Jan 10th 2010 7:57 pm

Thanks for all the advise :thumbsup: I will try and remember about the seal and I will make sure that I am there when they pack the container.:)

mcdavis Jan 13th 2010 4:39 pm

We used Doree Bonner - there were a few breakages / items damaged.

Linda P Jan 13th 2010 5:19 pm

We used Whites (Leeds) their quote was very competitive, but would strongly advise being there when they pack.

I had a few issues with them and can pm the details if you want, or have a look back at my previous post!

Linda

liquidtx Jan 16th 2010 9:25 am

Can you please let me have the details!:)