Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Can anybody recommend a professional CV / Resume writer?

Can anybody recommend a professional CV / Resume writer?

Old Apr 5th 2018, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can anybody recommend a professional CV / Resume writer?

Would anybody be able to recommend a professional CV writer? I have one, I have done the courses etc but tbh I think at this stage it's just worth paying somebody to produce a very well written and relevant CV.

The version I have is only one page and very brief, different to UK CVs I have had and it was designed apparently to generate interest by making the reader want to know more. I am happy with it and it has certainly done that, however in this day and age the focus appears to be on these mass filters that companies use like, Monster, Indeed etc. Purely faceless and I often wonder if they actually end up getting the right person?

Mine does generate interest and has got positive responses from individuals when I have asked for feedback even if they don't actually have a position spare. However the crux is I need a version that can pass through the sifting stage.

Many thanks for any suggestions.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 4:33 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can anybody recommend a professional CV / Resume writer?

Originally Posted by Lamin
Would anybody be able to recommend a professional CV writer? I have one, I have done the courses etc but tbh I think at this stage it's just worth paying somebody to produce a very well written and relevant CV.

The version I have is only one page and very brief, different to UK CVs I have had and it was designed apparently to generate interest by making the reader want to know more. I am happy with it and it has certainly done that, however in this day and age the focus appears to be on these mass filters that companies use like, Monster, Indeed etc. Purely faceless and I often wonder if they actually end up getting the right person?

Mine does generate interest and has got positive responses from individuals when I have asked for feedback even if they don't actually have a position spare. However the crux is I need a version that can pass through the sifting stage.

Many thanks for any suggestions.
I've been through a couple of long job searches. I ended up with a "plain vanilla" resume I never used on its own, but operated as the basis for a customized version that I edited for every single application I submitted. For networking meetings and not-necessarily-a-formal-job-interview interactions, I had more of a one-page biographical flyer that I could leave behind - importantly, that had the URL of my LinkedIn profile as well as all my other contact details so it could be passed around an organization and anyone would be able to look me up and/or get in touch.

There were a couple of people whose advice I took on preparing the resume; I don't have their permission (nor would I seek it) to put their contact details on open forum, but if you PM me I'd be happy to point you in their direction. They're both in southern Ontario - I can't remember where you are geographically.
Old Apr 6th 2018, 5:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lamin
...the crux is I need a version that can pass through the sifting stage...
Something like this?

Spoiler:

Old Apr 13th 2018, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Lamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond reputeLamin has a reputation beyond repute

Oakvillian-----I have sent you a pm-----many thanks