Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calling Toronto... I need Branston Pickle

Calling Toronto... I need Branston Pickle

Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Calling Toronto... I need Branston Pickle

[QUOTE=lizwil98;4559629]I buy Marmite all the time at Superstore.

Yep i have brought marmite here as well. But only in the smallest jar no good to me as we go through it so quick. that is why my mate brought me over the biggest jar possible from UK.

weeks of the yummy stuff
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by j4cksparrow
Next thing you know, people will be asking for uk kebabs, lucozade, pret-a-manger sandwiches, curries from london and the midlands, coloured toilet papers
oh my god,yes, had forgotten all about coloured toilet paper will now be on a mission to see if i find any.......................
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:17 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j4cksparrow
what happened to the one you've been using to take pics on your drive-around?
That's the one from Costco.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:46 pm
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Frozenrose
okay fellow Toronto Residents I am in desperate need, no, DIRE need of Branston Pickle - I just finished the three jars I brought back with me at christmas and I cannot live without it... there must be somewhere to buy it here.... DOES ANYONE KNOW? if anyone can help on this quest I will make you a toastie...
thanks!
In Alberta Safeways sells it..... as it is a national company.... try there.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:55 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Helen Parnell
In Alberta Safeways sells it..... as it is a national company.... try there.
Actually you won't find many Safeway stores east of Manitoba.

Also the point has been made that Branston Pickle sold in Canada recently is now made by Smuckers in the U.S. and bears little resemblance to U.K. Branston Pickle.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

Frozenrose is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Actually you won't find many Safeway stores east of Manitoba.

Also the point has been made that Branston Pickle sold in Canada recently is now made by Smuckers in the U.S. and bears little resemblance to U.K. Branston Pickle.
the stuff i saw in the smallest jar in the universe at dominion today did have the Crosse and Blackwell name but it didnt look a thing like the branston from england... and as my canadian boyfriend pointed out to me "youre so obsessed with this damn stuff at the moment that youre bound to notice the difference from this fraudulant looking stuff".
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

frozenrose, i sent you pm last night of where/when we would be staying.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

MesserMoony is on a distinguished road

the stuff i saw in the smallest jar in the universe at dominion today did have the Crosse and Blackwell name but it didnt look a thing like the branston from england... and as my canadian boyfriend pointed out to me "youre so obsessed with this damn stuff at the moment that youre bound to notice the difference from this fraudulant looking stuff".
That's not true. I have found a lot of things which here are supposed to be the same as the stuff from the UK but tastes nothing like it.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Rosie Alcock is a jewel in the roughRosie Alcock is a jewel in the roughRosie Alcock is a jewel in the roughRosie Alcock is a jewel in the roughRosie Alcock is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
When you try the cheese here, the Branston will be the least of your problems
Pretty sure I got my jar at Zehrs!!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Rosie Alcock is a jewel in the roughRosie Alcock is a jewel in the roughRosie Alcock is a jewel in the roughRosie Alcock is a jewel in the roughRosie Alcock is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Rosie Alcock
Pretty sure I got my jar at Zehrs!!!
And yes, my Canadian fiance views it with disgust!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:10 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jempee
When another EP came over to visit she asked if there was anything i would like brought over

so i was thrilled to get a couple of jars of branston and piccalli (sp?) love either on my jacket spuds Also i like the mags from UK, just your normal girly real story mags, nothing intellegent like.
When friend here went back to UK to visit he brought me back the BIGGEST jar of marmite i have ever seen.
Jempee we're coming out soon - send us a shopping list!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute

okay fellow Toronto Residents I am in desperate need, no, DIRE need of Branston Pickle - I just finished the three jars I brought back with me at christmas and I cannot live without it... there must be somewhere to buy it here.... DOES ANYONE KNOW? if anyone can help on this quest I will make you a toastie...
thanks!
Now, I was brought up in Toronto with a favourite of eating cheese and relish sandwiches. So when I went to the UK in the early 80's I couldn't get relish so had to eat cheese & pickle...so see, I had to convert. Of course, they now do relish in the UK but strangely I never could find the just plain old green Bicks style. The red, the yellow but never the green.

Gotta agree though that I'm having trouble enjoying the cheese back here.

Cathie
Old Mar 28th 2007, 10:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CDNReturner
Gotta agree though that I'm having trouble enjoying the cheese back here.
I'm always tempted to bring Canadian cheddar from the UK back, it tastes so much better for some reason - but can you imagine how that conversation would go at customs?!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I'm always tempted to bring Canadian cheddar from the UK back, it tastes so much better for some reason - but can you imagine how that conversation would go at customs?!
he.he.he......Canadian streaky bacon from M&S was always better than the Canadian streaky I get here...here it seems so watery!!!

Cathie
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

ImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to behold

Waaa waaaa I'm a Brit and I miss Marmite, the cheese is to expensive and I can't find decent jelly babies anywhere. The eggs are a funny colour and they put funny stuff in the baked beans.
It's a big wide world out there, there's more to it than Angel Delight and Bisto.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.