Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calling all nurses!!!!!!

Calling all nurses!!!!!!

Old Mar 25th 2015, 5:34 pm
Just Joined

Sarahjane88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling all nurses!!!!!!

It is the bridging course that is troubling me. Can I ask in what order people are doing this? Are you registering as a nurse first to get a job offer and then applying for your visa? I'm told this is likely the only way I would get an invitation to apply, however that would mean I would have to leave my current job to do a bridging course before I even get my visa! Surely it should not be that risky!
Old Mar 25th 2015, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

kasiadoran is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I am going for my 5 days assessment in two weeks then depending on gaps I will be asked to do bridging modules majority if them are online apart from clinical skills and medication so if it's decided I need to do i need to travel to Canada again... as for visa etc I want to get the registration sorted first then apply for job then visa... thinking of nova scotia
Old Mar 25th 2015, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

nicobenn is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with your assessment let me know how you get on and what it is like I'm counting down to June now for mine I would get registration then job then visa
Originally Posted by kasiadoran
Well I am going for my 5 days assessment in two weeks then depending on gaps I will be asked to do bridging modules majority if them are online apart from clinical skills and medication so if it's decided I need to do i need to travel to Canada again... as for visa etc I want to get the registration sorted first then apply for job then visa... thinking of nova scotia
Old Mar 25th 2015, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

Will do...bit scared now
Old Mar 25th 2015, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

I bet but you will be fine only can do your best
Old Mar 25th 2015, 8:48 pm
Just Joined

I'll be watching both your progresses closely are you both planning to hold UK jobs while squeezing in the assessments and completing any bridging modules? What province is your 5 day assessment for? I have only been looking at the CNO website as I plan to move to Ontario and their website states that if there are gaps in your education you will be invited to an evaluation consisting of an OSCE, interview and multiple choice test. Is this the stage you are at now?
Old Mar 25th 2015, 9:32 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at this website? NNAS / SNEI

As of August 12, 2014, as an internationally educated nurse (IEN) you must set up an account with NNAS before your application will be considered by any Canadian nursing regulatory body if:

you received your post-secondary nursing education outside of Canada;
you have never registered to work as a nurse in Canada;
you want to work as a Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN) in Canada.

This may be of use too: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/..._NURSE_CM.html

Old Mar 25th 2015, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Yeah I tend to still work in the UK while sorting it out I'm looking at nova scotia
Originally Posted by Sarahjane88
I'll be watching both your progresses closely are you both planning to hold UK jobs while squeezing in the assessments and completing any bridging modules? What province is your 5 day assessment for? I have only been looking at the CNO website as I plan to move to Ontario and their website states that if there are gaps in your education you will be invited to an evaluation consisting of an OSCE, interview and multiple choice test. Is this the stage you are at now?
Old Mar 26th 2015, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sarahjane88
same here working till the very last moment before the move to nova scotia
Old Jun 1st 2015, 5:50 am
Just Joined

Faraz246 is an unknown quantity at this point

Urgent Help Needed
I have filled NNAS Form and have also made the payment. I received email saying "Transaction Approved". However, my NNAS account is still showing the "Following portion need to be completed.... Part F: Payment" and Payment portion is still displaying "Cost Order $650". I confirmed from my bank and they said that the transaction was successful. I haven't received access to forms. Please Help. What should I do!
Old Jun 1st 2015, 8:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Faraz246
Urgent Help Needed
I have filled NNAS Form and have also made the payment. I received email saying "Transaction Approved". However, my NNAS account is still showing the "Following portion need to be completed.... Part F: Payment" and Payment portion is still displaying "Cost Order $650". I confirmed from my bank and they said that the transaction was successful. I haven't received access to forms. Please Help. What should I do!
I recently applied to NNAS and we were able to print forms off same night we paid, so not sure what has went wrong in your case. I would contact them through the website if it hasn't resolved in a couple of days. Perhaps your method of payment takes longer to clear at their end? And if you paid on a weekend it might contribute to a delay? Hope that helps.
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

KerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nicobenn
Good luck with your assessment let me know how you get on and what it is like I'm counting down to June now for mine I would get registration then job then visa

Hi,

How are you all finding out about the assessments and where to do them? Are they done in the UK?

Thank you
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

The assessments are done in Canada and you will be told by the nursing board of you need one x
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

KerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond reputeKerryCullen1987 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!! Do you apply through NNAS then to the province you would like to go to first?
If you don't mind me asking, do you know much this is? Do you have to fly over just for the assessment or is it done when you have already moved there and looking for a job?
Sorry for all of the questions !!

Kerry
Old Aug 2nd 2015, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

You apply to what ever province you want to go the assessment is done before as you are unable to get to sit the exam with out it unless you are going to move before then you can do it whist there often there are bits of training UK nurses don't have or maternity so you have to do some practical work as well the asent costs about $1700 to do obviously flights etc on top of this that's is you need to do it x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.