Reload this Page >

Calling all nurses!!!!!!

Calling all nurses!!!!!!

Old Feb 25th 2015, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

nicobenn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Calling all nurses!!!!!!

Originally Posted by niamheve
This does help! I'm just trying to make sure I don't make any mistakes. Do you know if you can register to practice in more then one province? I thought about Alberta but now I think maybe BC. It's a long road ahead of me, but at least I can start. I know I'll have to do some more training. I looked everywhere in the UK to see if they do any courses. Brighton Uni say on their site they do and I've emailed but I haven't heard back from them.

Thank you
Yeah I have applied to two but would need to pay for both and be assessed in both so maybe costly let me know if you hear anything from Brighton i would be interested x
Old Feb 25th 2015, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

niamheve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nicobenn
Yeah I have applied to two but would need to pay for both and be assessed in both so maybe costly let me know if you hear anything from Brighton i would be interested x
Yea of course, I emailed them 3 days ago but I'm off work tomorrow so I'll call them rather then waiting. Do you need to send two lots of documents to both. Are you over there at the moment ? X
Old Feb 25th 2015, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=niamheve;11576706]Yea of course, I emailed them 3 days ago but I'm off work tomorrow so I'll call them rather then waiting. Do you need to send two lots of documents to both. Are you over there at the moment ? X[/QUOTE
Yeah you will have to send documents to both no I'm in the UK x
Old Feb 25th 2015, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Aw I figured as much, double money. But at least it gets it done. I want to continue my nursing in palliative care and there are more hospices in BC and appears to be more jobs at the moment at least.
Old Feb 25th 2015, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

It will be an expensive job registering to practice in more than one province and probably to start with better to register in the province you wish to live and work in
Old Feb 26th 2015, 7:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
It will be an expensive job registering to practice in more than one province and probably to start with better to register in the province you wish to live and work in
Yes I agree. I kind of rushed into it first of all. I asked the NNAS and they sent me this
'Good morning and thank you for contacting NNAS, No you don't need to do anything else when you add a province, we have all we need with your first set of documents. I hope this helps, NNAS Customer Care.'
So I guess I don't need to pay double for the paperwork just afterwards registering with two provinces would be expensive.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I agree. I kind of rushed into it first of all. I asked the NNAS and they sent me this
'Good morning and thank you for contacting NNAS, No you don't need to do anything else when you add a province, we have all we need with your first set of documents. I hope this helps, NNAS Customer Care.'
So I guess I don't need to pay double for the paperwork just afterwards registering with two provinces would be expensive.
Prior to the NNAS you would have had to apply to the individual provinces.
Now you apply to NNAS and they assess everything and they then send your assessment to whichever provinces you choose. If you look on the individual provincial nursing body websites it should list the fee that each one charges. the biggest portion of the fee is for NNAS which only has to be done once. The fee for eg with CNO once you have NNAS is $169.50.
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by caleo
Prior to the NNAS you would have had to apply to the individual provinces.
Now you apply to NNAS and they assess everything and they then send your assessment to whichever provinces you choose. If you look on the individual provincial nursing body websites it should list the fee that each one charges. the biggest portion of the fee is for NNAS which only has to be done once. The fee for eg with CNO once you have NNAS is $169.50.
Thank you, this is really helpful. I have done quite a bit of research but sometimes it's just easier if someone who has done it tells you!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, this is really helpful. I have done quite a bit of research but sometimes it's just easier if someone who has done it tells you!
Sadly I applied the old way and have not had a good experience 😜 - NNAS is supposed to make it better. I hope it does!!!
It is difficult trying to read and understand fully when you are new to the process!
Good luck!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Heard back from Brighton today and they have stopped doing the course, they said they would take it off the website. They then said that there are loads of universities that do it and when I asked which ones, they unfortunately didn't know but suggested I tried Google! Haha. I live on Google at the moment!
Old Feb 26th 2015, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Last I heard no universities offered any top up courses because they trained people to the UK standards not International standards, that's what was said at the time. Brighton was the only one that did it because they had been approached by an agency that imported mainly to the US however when retrogression set in back in 2006 they decided that it wasn't worth it due to the long delays
Old Feb 27th 2015, 7:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Last I heard no universities offered any top up courses because they trained people to the UK standards not International standards, that's what was said at the time. Brighton was the only one that did it because they had been approached by an agency that imported mainly to the US however when retrogression set in back in 2006 they decided that it wasn't worth it due to the long delays
I saw you had said that in another post but because it was on the Web page I thought I'd give it a try. At least I know now. I just want to know how much I'll have to make up. I know it will be midwifery, mental health and children's but I'm not sure if it will be anything else and how much time it will take. I saw that one girl had written the board wanted her to do a year bridging course. That's just a long time to be away studying and not earning money !
Old Feb 27th 2015, 11:12 am
Just Joined

you will have to do the assessment i have argued it for last 2 years but am having to do it , i managed to get the childrens aspect dropped so only doing 4 day course now but untill you have done that it depends on weather you will need any bridging courses. x I was assessed via WES originally so not sure if this is the same as the new system but be interested to see.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 11:25 am
Just Joined

you will have to do the assessment i have argued it for last 2 years but am having to do it , i managed to get the childrens aspect dropped so only doing 4 day course now but untill you have done that it depends on weather you will need any bridging courses. x I was assessed via WES originally so not sure if this is the same as the new system but be interested to see.
The assessment, what is it called? Is this the 5 day one I keep reading about? I saw one girl say she was offered to do the years bridging course or the 5 day assessment. Sounds very scary. They make you jump through hoops as I'm sure they do everywhere. Just like to be as prepared as possible for it.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 11:33 am
Just Joined

its called a competance assessment check out webpage RNPDC - Registered Nurses Professional Development Centre learners/assessment centre.
5 day course is max time but maybe less depends on training etc .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.