Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calling all nurses!!!!!!

Calling all nurses!!!!!!

Old Oct 30th 2014, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling all nurses!!!!!!

Hi is there any nurses out there who have had there qualifications assessed by NNAS/SALPN? I need to get my identification documents notarized and wondered if someone could tell me how i do this? TIA
Old Oct 30th 2014, 11:03 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all nurses!!!!!!

I'm seriously doubting anyone has got through the NNAS process yet to give you an answer... It only started in September didn't it?
Old Nov 1st 2014, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

Is anyone going through the process at the min?
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 1:25 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

No one I've come across on here yet...a few enquiries. I started the process at beginning of this year and still waiting for initial assessment.
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

I too have only seen people post plus just met someone who has just begun the process with NNAS
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

I just wondered what sort of time is to be expected before knowing anything?
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 3:58 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
The website states that you can check the status of your application online by logging in here: NNAS - Welcome.

It also says that it can take up to 12 months for the 2 stage processing (prior to it being submitted to a Provincial regulatory body) so you could be in for a wait.

FAQ — NNAS / SNEI
There are two parts to the application process:

Your application to NNAS could take up to 12 months to complete. This depends on:
When NNAS receives all your required information and documents.
When you successfully complete a language proficiency test, if required.
When your documents are translated, if required.
Your application is active for 12 months. If your file is incomplete after a year, you must send a letter to request that it be re-activated, and pay a fee. See Fee Schedule.
Once you receive your Advisory Report, you can then apply to the regulatory body in your chosen Canadian province. Each regulatory body has its own registration requirements and timelines. These depend on whether you require another assessment or courses to meet their eligibility requirements. It could take another year or more for the regulatory body to make its decision.
Each time NNAS receives a document, your application status on your online account will be updated, and NNAS will let you know what documents are still needed to complete your file. You will also be notified by email.
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 7:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

See TiryTorys post above, she started the process earlier this year and hasn't heard yet - that might give you an idea at least.
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tirytory
No one I've come across on here yet...a few enquiries. I started the process at beginning of this year and still waiting for initial assessment.
But do you have to go through the new process with NNAS?
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 9:15 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
But do you have to go through the new process with NNAS?
No, I applied well before NNAS was commenced- thank goodness by the sounds of it!
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

Does anyone think the new expression of interest will help?
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 9:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone think the new expression of interest will help?
It won't make any difference to nursing registration at all, it's only for visa applications and the two have no bearing on each other.
Old Nov 3rd 2014, 11:41 am
Muskoka, Ontario

The long and short of it is that it's a very long process that nobody knows how long it will take. Saying it is not easy to nurse in parts of Canada is an understatement.

I'm not trying to be funny but it doesn't sound like you know much about it or have even read the relevant parts of information available. Read the wiki about immigration and then search out the particular province of nursing you need and NNAS as Siouxie rightly posted. Even search nursing on this forum and read other experiences.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Thank you all for your replies. It will be something that we will have to think about and decide whether we will continue. If we are talking the possibility of a 2 year wait then we may have to call it a day on our Canadian dream as we are the wrong side of 40.
Old Nov 10th 2014, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

CanadianDreams is an unknown quantity at this point

I submitted my application through CRNBC in august 2013, did my SEC in February 2014 and started a year re-entry course in September.....I know I was lucky for it to happen quickly but just shows it won't always be super slow! Think positively

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.