Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calgary to USA for a weekend any advice?

Wikiposts

Calgary to USA for a weekend any advice?

Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary to USA for a weekend any advice?

Some friends of mine drove to Montana for a girly study weekend 2 weeks ago - not exactly sure where they stayed (could ask them if you like), but they said it was great and about a 4 hour drive from South Calgary.

Really it depends on what you want - they wanted peace, quiet and isolation so that they could drink their wine and do their anatomy study without any distractions.
Old Jun 25th 2011, 11:52 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
OK if you want to run up to Flag though, go and peek at the Grand Canyon, not that I'd choose July. What's in Portland? I don't recall there being any reason to go back.

Nothing, its a shit hole.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:03 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chookie
Some friends of mine drove to Montana for a girly study weekend 2 weeks ago - not exactly sure where they stayed (could ask them if you like), but they said it was great and about a 4 hour drive from South Calgary.
Flathead lake probably. You wouldn't be going to Great Falls for that.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:07 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happy hatter
I do the trip at least 5 times a year.
To Las Vegas? You have a higher tolerance for tat than I.

Useful info though, thanks.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:08 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Originally Posted by Oink
Nothing, its a shit hole.
You get to go to Boring and have your picture taken next to the sign.

Better choice than Phoenix at this time of the year though, has to be.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Steve_
To Las Vegas? You have a higher tolerance for tat than I.
I think the place is quite classy, then again I used to say the same about Skegvegas!