Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calgary Tower - Eat or not to Eat?

Calgary Tower - Eat or not to Eat?

Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calgary Tower - Eat or not to Eat?

Just wondering if anybody has eaten during the evening at Calgary Tower - Slightly random but have booked a table for dinner the week after next and as it is a little pricier than usual I wondered what the experiences of others were...

Also off to see a hockey match at Scotiabank Saddledome, any experiences?
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Tower - Eat or not to Eat?

Originally Posted by Shaun_and_Em
Just wondering if anybody has eaten during the evening at Calgary Tower - Slightly random but have booked a table for dinner the week after next and as it is a little pricier than usual I wondered what the experiences of others were...

The food is good at Sky360
Old Sep 29th 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

I bet the views are to die for!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

carolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nice

I have been to a few Flames games and I think it is a great experience. If you get to your seats about 15 mins before the game starts the introduction is well worth it.
Tickets in my opinion are expensive, the cheapest seats are in the roof and the views are not so great but the atmosphere makes up for it.

Who are they playing?
Old Sep 29th 2011, 6:34 pm
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

had lunch with missus there last winter ; good food i thought & novelty experience ; although it took about 1hr for the full 360, still felt a bit giddy with the motion of the revolution , ie wall to floor joint movement...

been to hockey twice in Calgary, and no matter how hard i try, still think it's twaddle - each to his own though
Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolyn_vdv
I have been to a few Flames games and I think it is a great experience. If you get to your seats about 15 mins before the game starts the introduction is well worth it.
Tickets in my opinion are expensive, the cheapest seats are in the roof and the views are not so great but the atmosphere makes up for it.

Who are they playing?
We could get any for the dates that we wanted for the flames as we're heading off to banff and jasper etc. so we're watching a local game, calgary hitmen vs red deer rebels, never seen a match before, but we have a really good seat by the looks of it!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Beaverquest
had lunch with missus there last winter ; good food i thought & novelty experience ; although it took about 1hr for the full 360, still felt a bit giddy with the motion of the revolution , ie wall to floor joint movement...
Maybe i should rethink this, i get sea sick lol!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:38 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there!

I've only eaten lunch there, not dinner, but have to say that I thought it was very good. Perhaps they have a different menu for the evenings but I didn't think the lunch menu was too expensive. Food was good, view was good and kids loved the novelty of it!

Have a good flight; looking forward to meeting you both!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

We have eaten lunch and dinner there on two occaissions and thoroughly enjoyed the food, views and service.

The rotation of the floor didn't bother us. I was concentrating on the views. I had to be reminded to keep my handbag with me as the windows don't rotate

We also watched the sun go down over the Rockies from the observation tower, that was spectacular.

Last edited by Mad Jockette; Sep 29th 2011 at 8:30 pm. Reason: more info
Old Sep 29th 2011, 8:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

We could get any for the dates that we wanted for the flames as we're heading off to banff and jasper etc. so we're watching a local game, calgary hitmen vs red deer rebels, never seen a match before, but we have a really good seat by the looks of it!
You will enjoy the Hitmen game. I prefer the WHL to the NHL as the pace is much faster. A couple of seasons ago, the Hitmen were virtually unbeatable. They had a relatively poor season last year. It is an experience like nothing else. Try to get a kiss or a hug from Farley!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Try to get a kiss or a hug from Farley!
I'll try - Did you get one?

They were recommended by a friend, I wanted to book a NHL or WHL match but the price was half and the dates weren't great for us, just hope we like it!
Old Sep 29th 2011, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

MrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud ofMrGreen has much to be proud of

Food is better than it used to be, not that it's ever been bad. Feels pretty swanky up there since they revamped it a bit. Always a safe bet but definitely pricey. Best time to go is early evening so you get to see it while it's light and the lights downtown start to go on around you as it gets dark. Great view, obviously.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 11:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible experiences at the saddledome. Don't go and see the Flames. Really, you should flog your tickets to a tout and go for drinks instead. Trust me, you'll thank me for the advice one day.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 12:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by London Mike
Terrible experiences at the saddledome. Don't go and see the Flames. Really, you should flog your tickets to a tout and go for drinks instead. Trust me, you'll thank me for the advice one day.
I see you still lack the ability to read
Old Sep 30th 2011, 3:47 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

You will have an awesome time, at both the game and dinner up the tower!!!
I have eaten at the restaurant up there many times, and the food is excellent, as is the service!

Hitmen games are a lot of fun, and as you say a fraction of the price!

See you saturday!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.