British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Calgary Shopping help!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/calgary-shopping-help-781257/)

Rick b Dec 20th 2012 7:03 pm

Calgary Shopping help!!

So after my post yesterday going on about how easy it is to find everything in Canada my dear Wife manages to throw a spanner in the works by declaring she wants a snow globe for Xmas. Any ideas on where to get one of these things would be much appreciated!!

MillieF Dec 20th 2012 7:28 pm

Re: Calgary Shopping help!!

I'm not in Calgary, but Chapters had some beautiful ones, large and very stylish. Good luck.

ArthurBrit Dec 20th 2012 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Rick b (Post 10444307)
So after my post yesterday going on about how easy it is to find everything in Canada my dear Wife manages to throw a spanner in the works by declaring she wants a snow globe for Xmas. Any ideas on where to get one of these things would be much appreciated!!

Wrench! she threw a Wrench!

All kidding aside. Tell her to look out the window :rofl:

Rick b Dec 20th 2012 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 10444344)
I'm not in Calgary, but Chapters had some beautiful ones, large and very stylish. Good luck.

Ah thanks, hadn't tried there. Off to Chinook Hell, I mean Mall I go........:fingerscrossed:

Rick b Dec 20th 2012 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit (Post 10444346)
Wrench! she threw a Wrench!

All kidding aside. Tell her to look out the window :rofl:

Isn't a wrench an old English term for a horrible woman............bit heavy to throw around..... :p

Yeah but she can't shake the window and turn it upside down, although i suppose I could tell her I was advised to turn her up side down, shake her a bit and she can feel like a snow globe. I'm pretty sure I'd be thrown off the balcony though........:eek:

ArthurBrit Dec 20th 2012 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Rick b (Post 10444356)
Isn't a wrench an old English term for a horrible woman............bit heavy to throw around..... :p

Yeah but she can't shake the window and turn it upside down, although i suppose I could tell her I was advised to turn her up side down, shake her a bit and she can feel like a snow globe. I'm pretty sure I'd be thrown off the balcony though........:eek:

:lol: Good luck!

Simon Legree Dec 20th 2012 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by Rick b (Post 10444356)
Isn't a wrench an old English term for a horrible woman............bit heavy to throw around..... :p:

Maybe you mean wench ! ;)

KJM Dec 20th 2012 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by Rick b (Post 10444307)

Try Michaels.

Flossie and Jim Dec 20th 2012 8:33 pm

The card shops like Hallmark usually carry that sort of stuff

Rick b Dec 20th 2012 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Legree (Post 10444364)
Maybe you mean wench ! ;)

I did indeed!! Whoops. :nod:

Rick b Dec 20th 2012 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by MillieF (Post 10444344)

Thank you, Chapters did the job on McLoud Trail as Chinook had sold out of the nicer ones.

haggis88 Dec 21st 2012 1:15 am

i saw a couple of nice ones in the Royal Doulton shop in CrossIron Mills if anyone else is looking! :lol:

they've got good offers on too :)

Piff Poff Dec 21st 2012 1:16 am

Eddie Bauer has one to choose from, you can try Chinook, Southcentre or Market Mall.

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/pr...mPathInfo=T307

Should be 40% off this weekend, prices in store are different to those online. Call the stores before you leave home to see if they have any left, I think we still have one in Red Deer if you get that desperate and we can do a ship out;)

Failing that have you tried Winners/Homesense?