Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calgary Reccie Trip - Help Needed

Calgary Reccie Trip - Help Needed

Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Glassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the roughGlassy is a jewel in the rough
Default Calgary Reccie Trip - Help Needed

Hi All,

We’re looking to potentially spend a week in the Calgary area later on in the year (October/November time). This will be more of a reccie trip than a holiday, so in that week we’d like to look at possible areas to live which have a manageable commute into Calgary as my work is predominantly office based. I’ll also be looking to gain employment in the telecommunications field. From memory I think Telus have a head office building in Calgary. So if there any Calgary based telecoms workers who need a hard working tech support/project management resource, then I’m your man :-)

Can anyone also recommend a good relocation company who could maybe help us out with any queries without charging us the earth? I’m looking to work with a smaller relocation firm, maybe people who have themselves emigrated who will be able to provide us with the benefit of their own experiences. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Cheers All

Glassy
Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Reccie Trip - Help Needed

Originally Posted by Glassy View Post
Hi All,

We’re looking to potentially spend a week in the Calgary area later on in the year (October/November time). This will be more of a reccie trip than a holiday, so in that week we’d like to look at possible areas to live which have a manageable commute into Calgary as my work is predominantly office based. I’ll also be looking to gain employment in the telecommunications field. From memory I think Telus have a head office building in Calgary. So if there any Calgary based telecoms workers who need a hard working tech support/project management resource, then I’m your man :-)

Can anyone also recommend a good relocation company who could maybe help us out with any queries without charging us the earth? I’m looking to work with a smaller relocation firm, maybe people who have themselves emigrated who will be able to provide us with the benefit of their own experiences. Any recommendations gratefully received.

Cheers All

Glassy
What do you mean by "relocation firm"? If you mean an immigration agent, you need to contact the CSIC or a law firm in the Province you intend to move to - they are the only ones that can legally provide you with such assistance.

If you want someone to help you with the physical move itself, you need to contact a realtor in the area you wish to move to, most of these will provide such services to you free of charge, provided you purchase your property through them.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glassy View Post
Hi All,

Cheers All

Glassy
Hi Glassy,

Can I recommend myself! Have a look at my website linked to in the signature line below and if you think I can help, then drop me a line.

Oddly enough, I worked for BT for 18 years in the UK before moving out here and while our application was still in progress, I often used to think that I would end up working in the Telus building that you correctly believe to be in downtown Calgary!

Kind regards,

Eamonn.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Lyndsay13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, Good luck with the reccie trip. We have recently visited Calgary on our own research trip and we saw the Telus office in downtown Calgary. We stayed in Okotoks which is a fantastic town and we have been liaising with Julie Parry who has her own relocation business over there and she is fantastic at what she does! Julie and her husband Eddie go to great lengths to assist you wherever possible and are worth their weight in gold for the help and advice that they have provided us with so far. If you need any more info on your reccie that we might be able to help you with then just let me know as we covered quite a lot of ground on our trip and fell in love with the area. Hope you enjoy Calgary as much as we did!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Let the competition begin
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian View Post
Let the competition begin
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:20 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Getting There View Post
I Vote Eamonn
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy View Post
I Vote Eamonn
Me too
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

I Don't

Last edited by Sam-in-Okotoks; Jul 14th 2009 at 9:37 pm.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

I Vote Eamonn
Thank you sir. You're very kind!

That said, to Glassy, there are a number of folk that contribute to this forum (to one extent or another) all of whom provide a similar service, all of whom have satisfied clients and to my mind, all of whom do try very hard to provide a very good service. Apart from myself, Julie and Ed Parry have been mentioned. There's Sam-in-Okotoks and there's Helen Parnell. Others not often seen on this forum but very active elsewhere are Chloe Cartwirght, Helen Willy, Ian and Jayne Wisdom, Warren & Sara Green and I'm sure there are more but that's all I can think of at the moment! You're not short on choice of people to lend a hand with your research trip. Whoever you choose, I'm sure they will do all they can to help.

Kind regards,

Eamonn.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Sam-in-Okotoks View Post
I Don't
Cheeky!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:38 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam-in-Okotoks View Post
I Don't
Well obviously

If we had proportional representation I'd give you 2.

(and get your minds out of the gutter please )
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Thank you Butch

Well obviously

Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Getting There View Post
Cheeky!
I you really, just can't vote for you
Old Jul 14th 2009, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, and there was my mind, in the gutter again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.