Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Calgary p and r at Dalhousie line stations

Calgary p and r at Dalhousie line stations

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calgary p and r at Dalhousie line stations

OK, have an interview downtown (8th and 8th or 9th) at 10:00am in the morning. Think it would probably be easier to get C train- but am worried train car parks may be full. Which station is the best to aim for? Was slightly alarmed by , I think, Morwenna saying Dalhousie is full by 6:15am!

Alternatively are there any car parks downtown near where I am going that would have short term parking, maybe by the hour, that will definately have spaces?

Thanks
Gryphea
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary p and r at Dalhousie line stations

SOrry should have said need the Dalhousie line..............
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gryphea
OK, have an interview downtown (8th and 8th or 9th) at 10:00am in the morning. Think it would probably be easier to get C train- but am worried train car parks may be full. Which station is the best to aim for? Was slightly alarmed by , I think, Morwenna saying Dalhousie is full by 6:15am!

Alternatively are there any car parks downtown near where I am going that would have short term parking, maybe by the hour, that will definately have spaces?

Thanks
Gryphea
I would drive and park in Banker's Hall underground car park. Slightly more expensive than the C-Train but you will be central and won't have the worry of wondering whether there will be any parking left at any station.

My tuppence worth
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:08 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
I would drive and park in Banker's Hall underground car park. Slightly more expensive than the C-Train but you will be central and won't have the worry of wondering whether there will be any parking left at any station.

My tuppence worth
I've never had a problem getting short term parking during the week at Palliser Square or Gulf Canada Square.

Definitely more expensive then the C-Train.

My ten cents worth.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:12 am
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't a clue about the parking but good luck in your interview.

no money - given free
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

If you haven't got a segway (http://www.segway.com/), Just stick it on a meter.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian

My tuppence worth
Banker's hall sounds good- I could stay warm and walk in on 15 ft. Do they definately have spaces at that time? Can I pay by card on exit or do I need loads of change?

Thanks
Gryph
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I've never had a problem getting short term parking during the week at Palliser Square or Gulf Canada Square.

Definitely more expensive then the C-Train.

My ten cents worth.
Either of these sound good options, can I pay by card? Are they easy to find?
Thanks
Gryphea
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:09 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Centennial Parkade is closer to your interview. It's located on 9th Avenue, between 6th and 7th Streets.

You'll probably drive southwards on Crowchild Trail, won't you?

Turn east at Bow Trail. If I remember correctly, the sign says Bow Trail as well as City Centre.

As Bow Trail reaches the edge of the downtown core, it becomes 9th Avenue South.

Centennial Parkade has a brown brick facade. It's on the north side of 9th Avenue, so it's on your left as you drive into downtown.

If the sign in front of it says that it has spaces, turn into it.

If Centennial Parkade is full, carry on to Gulf Canada Square (which is in the vicinity of 4th Street, but unfortunately on the south side of 9th Avenue, so therefore on your right as you're driving east).

Gulf Canada Square undoubtedly will have space.

In the extremely unlikely event that GCS does not have space, carry on to Bankers Hall. It's between 3rd and 2nd Streets SW, if I remember correctly (but again on the north side of 9th Avenue, so on your left as you're driving eastwards).

Finally, if all else fails, you can park in the Palliser Square Parkade (the complex to which the Calgary Tower belongs, around Centre Street). It's on the south side of 9th Avenue, so on your right as you're driving eastwards.

Leave yourself enough time to turn around, go round the block, and try again. If you need to turn off 9th Avenue, your best bet is to take one of the opportunities to turn right (southwards) and drive under the Canadian Pacific Railway tracks. There are underpasses at 5th Street SW, 1st Street SW, and 1st Street SE. Then drive westwards along 10th Avenue SW.

The Palliser Square parkade can be approached from 10th Avenue SW as well as from 9th Avenue SW.

If I remember correctly, Gulf Canada Square also can be entered from either 9th Avenue or 10th Avenue.

Gulf Canada Square would be closer to your appointment, but Centennial Parkade would be the closest one of all.

Centennial Parkade costs $3.00 per ½ hour to a maximum of $25.00.

If I remember correctly, you can pay by cash or credit card (Visa or MasterCard).

I'm trying to remember where you pay. I have a vague recollection of the payment booth being on the ground floor, but not at the exit ramp. That is, you have to pay before you get into your car and drive off.

There also are some street level, open air, parking lots in Calgary. Many of them accept $1 coins as well as Visa and MasterCard.

I think the closest one to your appointment is on 9th Avenue, between 7th and 8th Streets SW. It costs $2.25 per ½ hour to a maximum of $17.00.

Here is more info about parking in downtown Calgary.

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:18 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Gulf Canada Square undoubtedly will have space.

In the extremely unlikely event that GCS does not have space, carry on to Bankers Hall. It's between 3rd and 2nd Streets SW, if I remember correctly (but again on the north side of 9th Avenue, so on your left as you're driving eastwards).

Finally, if all else fails, you can park in the Palliser Square Parkade (the complex to which the Calgary Tower belongs, around Centre Street). It's on the south side of 9th Avenue, so on your right as you're driving eastwards.
The entrance to Gulf Canada Square is right at 2nd Street SW on the south side of 9th Avenue and the entrance to Bankers Hall is on the north side of 9th Avenue between Barkley Mall SW and 2nd Street SW west of the entrance to Gulf Canada Square.

If Gulf Canada Square is full you have no option but to carry on on the south side of the road to Palliser Square.

Cheers
Steve
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 5:11 am
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice

Originally Posted by gryphea

Thanks
Gryphea
Dalhouise is in NW. Another C-train P & R ride station in NW, somewhat closer to downtown is Banff Trail. Parking is in front of McMahon stadium. It is virtually empty at 6.15am and am told you'll never have trouble finding a parking slot at whatever time.

Main entrence is via Crowchild Trail; or turn off University Drive using the stadium roads.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Too late to contribute - so good luck with the interview - that's if you got parked on time
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Dalhousie is definitely full by 6.30. Not so much over the summer months though, you can usually still get a space by 6.50.

You could try Brentwood station, I can normally get a space there till around 7.30-8.00.

Having said that you could always get the bus to Dalhousie.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

rwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond reputerwin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m
Too late to contribute - so good luck with the interview - that's if you got parked on time
Yes, too late. But for future reference there is plenty of parking at the north lot of the Zoo. From there its only a few stops on the c-train to downtown.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

OK - I should have said the interview was in 'a' morning rather than 'the' morning, meaning its not until later in the week!!!!! as oppose to 'tomorrow' which is now today. I do have a phone interview in 30mins though!

Gryphea

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.